Posting naked pictures of your kids online?

Options
13»

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Yeah noo I dont think so. Not appropriate you never know who could see them. If I have a pic like that I want to post of my son I always photo shop something into the to cover him up.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it was removed. That parent, even if it was done with innocent intentions, has a couple of screws loose. How weird!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less. There are sick people out there who will jerk off to any kind of picture. Some might have a thing for feet and will whack off while looking at a pic of your kids feet. And maybe I'm strange but I really don't care at all if someone gets off while looking at a innocent picture of my child, that doesn't harm me or my child.

I am way more worried about my neighbors and family members since almost all cases of molestation done to children is done by someone they know...not some stranger on the internet.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I'm sure the pic will be reported and removed by facebook very soon...Your friend is a complete moron what the %^%$ is he thinking?!
  • servilia
    Options
    I couldn't care less. There are sick people out there who will jerk off to any kind of picture. Some might have a thing for feet and will whack off while looking at a pic of your kids feet. And maybe I'm strange but I really don't care at all if someone gets off while looking at a innocent picture of my child, that doesn't harm me or my child.

I am way more worried about my neighbors and family members since almost all cases of molestation done to children is done by someone they know...not some stranger on the internet.

Yes I agree with you that it's strange that you wouldn't care. Feet is one thing, as far as I know the number of people with that kind of fetish is a lot lower than the number who enjoy full nudity and we're safe in assuming it's highly unlikely. You do know what people think about when "getting off" to a picture. Do you really want someone thinking like that of your child?
    Not to mention the fact that such a picture might provoke the interest of some sicko they DO know in real life.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Isn't it also against the law ?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Isn't it also against the law ?
    I imagine it depends on what country she's in.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

So, you DO care? It makes me sick to think of anyone looking at pics of my children and "gets off" to it!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Report it to facebook.

No! Don't do that. I bet the mother posted it innocently and was expecting cute comments about how cute her little child was. Just message her privately about the risks of it.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Yes I agree with you that it's strange that you wouldn't care. Feet is one thing, as far as I know the number of people with that kind of fetish is a lot lower than the number who enjoy full nudity and we're safe in assuming it's highly unlikely. You do know what people think about when "getting off" to a picture. Do you really want someone thinking like that of your child?
    Not to mention the fact that such a picture might provoke the interest of some sicko they DO know in real life.

I'm well aware of the kinds of thoughts going through ones mind while getting off. Why on earth should I care what someone else is THINKING about? That in no way shape or form harms me or my child. They could (and most likely would) have the same thoughts just seeing my child in clothes. Have you never had any sexual thoughts about a man (or woman) after seeing either a pic of them fully clothed or in real life? You ONLY think sexual things while looking at nude pics or a nude person? Really?

Again if you look into it the real threat to your child is not some stranger on the internet. The real threat is people you and your child know. Your friends/neighbors/family members.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Sickos over the internet (and sickos my friend may know IRL) were only part of my concern. I think that 4 yo is a bit old to have her "cute" nude picture posted over the internet.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Naked infant (a la Anne Geddes, strategically posed) looks adorable. There's nothing adorable about a naked 4 year old. My daughter's birth announcement was a photo of her rolled up in a ball, taken at 4 days old. The angle of the shot showed nothing whatsoever. I would never in a million years do a shot of her older.
  • servilia
    Options

I'm well aware of the kinds of thoughts going through ones mind while getting off. Why on earth should I care what someone else is THINKING about? That in no way shape or form harms me or my child. They could (and most likely would) have the same thoughts just seeing my child in clothes. Have you never had any sexual thoughts about a man (or woman) after seeing either a pic of them fully clothed or in real life? You ONLY think sexual things while looking at nude pics or a nude person? Really?

Again if you look into it the real threat to your child is not some stranger on the internet. The real threat is people you and your child know. Your friends/neighbors/family members.

These are not strangers on the internet - unless she's adding strangers to her FB friends list. Likely she at least has met most of these people and they probably know enough about her to be able find out where she works, where she lives, if they wanted to.

And yes it is still strange that you don't care that someone might be thinking of your 4 year old when getting off.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

So, you DO care? It makes me sick to think of anyone looking at pics of my children and "gets off" to it!

i agree that it is sickening that someone might be getting off over a photo of my child, that is why I am very careful about posting pictures of my children on the internet. I cannot imagine not caring that someone was disrespecting my childs innocence like that. I care very much but it is a sensitive subject and I appreciate that there are opinions that children should be allowed that freedom but really, are our children any less free because they wear a bathing suit at the beach???? I also don't agree that there is a cultural difference. I live in Europe, am I naive enough to think that perverts don't exist here? Of course not. It is becoming more and more popular for pools and public beaches to enforce covering our children up in public (this also has the added advantage that they are better protected from the sun)

I think that the OP is getting an unfairly hard time for asking her question. MFP is here I agree for fitness and nutrition discussion but once you have been here a while and the advice you recieve has helped you have success with your weight loss (as with the OP) then you learn to trust the opinions of the people who didn't lead you astray before. JMO of course so.............
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

Yes but that person has always been a consenting adult and I have only had those feelings once I was at an age of sexual maturity. I believe that it is our responsibilty to protect our children from dangers close by and those that are unseen.