When did you feel comfortable in a bikini?

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    I think I was three the last time I wore a bikini. I seriously doubt I'd wear one again no matter what my weight. Just not my thing.
  • It's all in your head! I've seen some people twice my size completely comfortable with wearing a bikini on the beach. However, I've seen people thirty pounds lighter than me who wear one-pieces with skirts. So basically whenever YOU feel comfortable to wear a bikini is when you will be ready.

Me on the other hand. Probably never. Even though that is also my ultimate goal as well!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I don't like two-piece suits. I always feel naked in them, but a lot of women wear them who are my size (14/16), and they look good. It's all about confidence.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    I really don't think I would look to good in a Bikini....
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    I've never felt comfortable in a bikini, really.
  • got the speedo on as we speak :smokin:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Pre-baby. Now even after I lose these last 20 or so lbs I doubt I'll ever feel comfortable in a bikini. Stretch marks+ C-section... Umm no!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I was always comfortable in a bikini. If I was in a swimsuit, it was because I was doing something fun. Doing something fun a lot of times means leaving self-consciousness behind because, chances are, I'm going to look stupid. Like dancing. I'm a terrible dancer. Think Elaine on Seinfeld. :laugh: But I'd rather be a lousy dancer having a great time than a miserable wallflower missing out on the fun.

And one-pieces always made me look square and flat.
  • I am 5'8" and some change, 127, and am still waiting for the day that I will be comfortable in a bikini.... it's all body image/mental. My sister has a very different figure than me but with her confidence, she is very comfortable in one. I hope to get there one day.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    even at 125 i wasnt:( mostly due to my stretch marks from children. I dont know if ill ever be!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Last time I wore one was when I was 16 and oblivious.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm 5'0 and I started at 170 and size 12.
    I'm down to 111ish and size 0.
    I STILL don't feel comfortable.

It's 100% in your head and I hope you're faster than me lol :)

I am 5¯1 my lowest weight was 113-lbs, but felt so shy and unconfortable in a bikini.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    I'm 5'0 and I started at 170 and size 12.
    I'm down to 111ish and size 0.
    I STILL don't feel comfortable.

It's 100% in your head and I hope you're faster than me lol :)

Wow!!! congrats on your weight loss!!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    last time i felt comfortable in a bikini was when i was 15. :smile:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Do you have kids? If not put the shame down right now. I wish I'd worn one prior to having my child. Ironically, I got really fit after I had her, more so than before, so I grew nuts and wore the bikini! STRETCH marks and ALL! Shame to the side child!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    I was 175 lbs at 5'7" when I first wore a bikini....about 30 yrs old, and felt like a goddess!!! (because my husband loves my body!!...... and it helped we were in the Dominican Republic on holidays lots of European's and the Dominicans like a girl with a bit o'boo-tee!! )
    The last time I wore a bikini was on a spa retreat with my sisters and a close friend. No one judged me and quite honestly other people's opinion of me are none of my business.
    The time I FELT the most comfortable in a bikini...last year in Cancun at ....you guessed it 179 lbs ( Oh and 42 yrs old!) The difference is inside of YOU and I truly believe the one trait that is truly sexy and hot.......CONFIDENCE!!!! That is hot!!!!
    Dont worry....you are beautiful...roll with it!!! =)
  • Do you have kids? If not put the shame down right now. I wish I'd worn one prior to having my child. Ironically, I got really fit after I had her, more so than before, so I grew nuts and wore the bikini! STRETCH marks and ALL! Shame to the side child!

No, I don't have kids but I've been a little on the heavy side since puberty. Since I am just now starting to lose weight I still don't feel comfortable. I'm hoping my the time spring break comes around I will! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    I don't think I will ever be comfortable. It's too hard trying to find a bikini top to fit a 12E cup so I always feels exposed even if it's not about my stomach!
  • Unfortunately, I've never been comfortable in a bikini. Even when I was in shape, I felt self conscious and worried the whole time I would be out in one. It's my number one goal to be able to wear a bikini proudly and with no shame!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    This past summer. I was out with my partner and I walked into the pool area and heads turned. Of course I thought it was cuz people were staring at my frontal buttocks, but it was not.
    This coming summer, I plan to get the tiniest one I can get away with, just cuz I can.