How long do you workout for?

Options
13»

Replies

• jhughes1961
    Options
    20 min of yoga, 30 on the treadmill, 10 min resistance training 5 x a week. On the weekend I will do 1 longer workout, 40 min on the treadmill and 30 min resistance training plus the yoga. I do not have the time or the desire to workout longer.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For me I depends on what I'm doing.

I am doing a learn to run program right now, using the app called 5K and the runs are about 20 minutes each. For me it's not the time that matters...it's the intensity that I'm running and keeping my heart rate up.
  • Maila29
    Options
    60 to at least 90 mins :)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I like to do at least 30 minutes at least 6 days a week. I usually do about a 50 minute mixture of cardio and weights. Some days I just walk my dogs and some weekends I will to a 90 minute hike.
  • 90+ minutes about 3-4 times a week.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I am almost to my half way point and am being rewarded w a gym membership. I let my old one expire, because I was pregnant and was banned from exercising. I use to spend 60-90minutes in the gym 5x/week. How long do you spend in the gym? or how long is your workout?
    more than 1 hour of stength training and cortisol starts to set in...i read that it starts to counter your exercise and do bad for you
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I run for about an hour 3x per week. Lift weights for about 35 min 3x per week. And do martial arts for an hour 2x per week. On Saturday it just depends on what I feel like, but, I get at least 30 min on Saturday.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I just jumped rope for about 4 minutes and I'm exhausted. Better than nothing.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    45 min on cardio days and 1.30 hrs on freeweights, abs and 30 min run. I do 2/3 cardio.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Define exercise LOL. No really though, I do 20 mins of the 30 day shred right now then walk for 60-75 minutes that's about 5-6 laps which makes 2.5-3 miles at least 3 times a week. Then I also do zumba and just dance for 20 minutes, but I have one day a week when I only do a small 20 minutes, it's what I call my rest day. I know if I stopped all together for 1 day it would do more harm then good for me.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    On days that I exercise, 30 minutes is a BARE minimum (like if the kids are going crazy and won't let me finish LOL) but normally it's more like an hour. When I first started out I mainly just got on the treadmill with some small handweights and tried to make it for an hour with my heartrate 'in the zone' (using my Polar FT4). Then I started mixing in some random On Demand TV workouts. Now I'm on day 8 of the Shred, first 3 days I did it one time (27 minutes total) plus around 45 minutes on the treadmill, then started doing it twice in a row (54 minutes total), today I actually did the shred twice and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill for a total of just under 1.5 hours. Still too self-conscious for a gym membership. Maybe in a couple months when I'm down a few more lbs and have better strength/endurance....
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i aim to workout at least 4 times a week for anywhere between 40 and 60 mins a session