Gimme your best "smart *kitten* come back line"

Options
13»

Replies

• jmikels67
    Options
    "Bless your heart Darling. Do you realize you said that outloud? You must be so embarrassed. Let's just both pretend you didn't say that."

I really like this one. It gets the point across without being overtly rude.

I think replying with "Bless your heart" used to be the polite way of calling somebody a b****. *thumbs up*

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    How about a simple yes and offering them the name of the website you used....it's not really an insult....unless you think about it.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Smart *kitten* come backs can be effective at shutting someone up or making them feel badly for whatever they've said. Try to do it without slinging an insult at the person, though. I'm a real smart *kitten*, and come back lines come to me very quickly. The times my come backs have been insults or mean spirited, I just feel bad about myself later. I have a good friend who wishes she could come up with smart *kitten* comments on the spot like I can, but I wish I was more like her! (KKBC, that's for you!)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    "Bless your heart Darling. Do you realize you said that outloud? You must be so embarrassed. Let's just both pretend you didn't say that."

I love this!!! I'm going to keep this one in my memory because it's perfect :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Haha! When I was pregnant, I gained 75 lbs. I got asked ALL the time: "Are you SURE you're not having twins?" (Translation: "I think you're bigger than you should be.")

My response was always: "I'll be sure and inform my doctor to call you up whenever she reads an ultrasound, because you know more than her!" or... "Well, obviously you're calling me big, but I'm pregnant, so what's your excuse?"

Edit: In your case, I'd probably say: "I can keep the weight off, but you'll probably always be rude."
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    How about saying, "Oh, it's all down to the voodoo rituals I regularly practice. I make dolls of everyone who so much as hinted that I won't be able to keep it off this time, then stick pins in the dolls where I want them to gain the weight instead of me!"

That might lose you some friends, but I guarantee it will shut people up!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's been a great stress relief just reading all the hilarious come backs.