Dropping Calories to see Change?

Options
Hello! I've been hanging at the same weight for weeks, despite real serious gym efforst and fairly 'clean' eating. I dropped calories significantly today (1750ish to 1450 ish) and I'm wondering if anyone else has done something like this to really shock the system.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Jenc555

Replies

• 123maxpp
    Options
    Hi;

I'm having the same problem. I haven't dropped a pound for three weeks, even though I've been exercising harder and not going over my calories. I think I will cut back starting tomorrow.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem, but found that a variety of workouts during the week made the difference I was looking for.
  • tinydancer24
    Options
    1750 seems like a lot of calories to me. I started at 1500 and have since dropped to 1400.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Defniitely vary your workouts. You body may be getting used to them, and not getting as good of a burn.

Also, do you eat back those calories? You may need to switch it up, whether you do or not.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it but I just started so I don't know if it will work. I was losing steadily for several months while eating a fair amount of calories (1800-2200 depending on running mileage) but I stopped losing a few weeks ago. So, I'm dropping my calories for a while to see if I can start losing again.
  • jenc555
    jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    interesting! I mean, I think the calorie discussion is kind of irrelevant as it pertains to everybody else b/c we are really different. I'm tall and I lift a lot of weights, so 1750 may be high to some, but low to others. I am just looking for ways to shake it up. I do agree that we get into habits of taking in way more than our bodies need, but I don't want to be hungry/cranky all the time.

I will say though, it's been interesting today to see that I don't require as much as I thought I did.

Thanks all!