30DSember Group - Level 1, Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sorry ladies I couldn't pos yesterday, we lost internet connection.
    W1d1 and w1d2 done. I only have 5, or 10 pound weights. Or soup cans. My arms are like jelly. I went to brush my hair this morning and my arms were shaking!!!
    One thing I have learned is DO NOT WEAR SWEATPANTS!

Smiles to all!
    Tonya
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    a) Level 1 day 2 complete
    b) had a bit of the "I don't want to's" esp with the chill in the air, but I sucked it up and had really good workout. level 1 on day 2 was quite a workout for me....I still cannot go toe for toe cardio :sad: ... I needed my inhaler again half way in! :sick:
    c) I will improve my next work out by.... slightly modifying the modified, NOT...plan on bringing it again, and again, and again :heart:

hope I can move manana,

v
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    A.Day 2 L1 Complete!
    B. I'm so happy I got through it. I was looking at the time on the DVD player and definitely following Anita.
    C.It feels awesome once I'm done.

Haz, glad to see that you got through day 2! I definitely hear ya about Anita!! I was dreading it today, but got through it. It's gloomy weather these days, which doesn't do much for my motivation!
  • Doingitin2013
    Doingitin2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    a.) Day 2 Level 1 complete
    b.) My arms and chest are very sore, but it feels really good.
    c.) I don't think I would change anything. I have church tomorrow night so my day 3 will be on Thursday.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 complete!

I like the circuit 3 cardio portion the best because I like that it is the cardio from circuit 1 & 2. It is the little things that make me happy...lol.

My shoulders are still sore from my workouts this weekend. I don't have any 3 lb weights so I had to use 5 lb weights. I had to take short breaks during some of the shoulder work.

I took my measurements today too. I'm ready to see some changes!!

I had to take breaks also using the 5 pound weights!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I forgot to post my resutls yesterday, sorry about that!

a) L1D2 completed (on 11/29)
    b) I got through the workout ok, but the second cardio was sooo tough. I guess I was feeling lazy
    c) My running shoes were a BIG help. I think I'll try to complete the workout earlier in the day. By sundown, I'm ready to chill!

Here's to a GREAT day ladies!! The holidays are making it hard for me to stay on track with the food. Goodies are everywhere!!!!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    sorry ladies I couldn't pos yesterday, we lost internet connection.
    W1d1 and w1d2 done. I only have 5, or 10 pound weights. Or soup cans. My arms are like jelly. I went to brush my hair this morning and my arms were shaking!!!
    One thing I have learned is DO NOT WEAR SWEATPANTS!

Smiles to all!
    Tonya

Haha, I just wear my running clothes while I work out!

And I'm using 3 lb weights.... I reckon I do the chest flys wrong because I feel literally nothing when I do them, they're incredibly easy and I just hear Jillian going: "I could always use a good chest fly in my life" and I'm just like, err why?
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    Day 3 L1 Completed!

core is great, but I'm afraid my neighbors will call in the rescue unit with all the grunts/gasps from the cardio! feeling great after that workout... vacuumed the entire house...have so much good energy. Naturally I got in my protein w/in 30 minutes, so that is life-changing for me....

Altho I used light weights again today, I think I'll have my 5s on stand-by for arms tomorrow, ONLY BEC' I COULD MOVE 2DAY :bigsmile:
  • chanson104
    Options
    Day 3 L1 Completed!

core is great, but I'm afraid my neighbors will call in the rescue unit with all the grunts/gasps from the cardio! feeling great after that workout... vacuumed the entire house...have so much good energy. Naturally I got in my protein w/in 30 minutes, so that is life-changing for me....

Altho I used light weights again today, I think I'll have my 5s on stand-by for arms tomorrow, ONLY BEC' I COULD MOVE 2DAY :bigsmile:
    Hahaha I know what you mean! I wait for the ambulance to arrive. I've had a boost of energy too.
  • chanson104
    Options
    a) Level 1 Day 3 finished
    b) Felicia, I followed your lead and used my running shoes. They worked great!
    c) Tomorrow I'm taking a rest day. Best wishes everyone!
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my planned day off from 30DS (day 2). Today I planned to do day 2 but I had back pain from a morning exercise class. So, I'm not off to a very good start on this challenge. I might try to do day 2 yet tonight and see how my back feels. Otherwise, I will be doing the 30DS for the next 4 days.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Yesterday was my planned day off from 30DS (day 2). Today I planned to do day 2 but I had back pain from a morning exercise class. So, I'm not off to a very good start on this challenge. I might try to do day 2 yet tonight and see how my back feels. Otherwise, I will be doing the 30DS for the next 4 days.

Mary, I'm sorry to hear of your pain :( Take care of yourself!
    I was supposed to complete a workout last night, but I must plead laziness!! My kids came over for tree decorations and I just blew off the workout (smh).
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) Level 1 Day 3 finished
    b) Felicia, I followed your lead and used my running shoes. They worked great!
    c) Tomorrow I'm taking a rest day. Best wishes everyone!

Christine, the shoes apparently makes ALL the difference! I seem to bounce through the cardio LOL!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Day 3 L1 Completed!

LOL Mj!! Best of luck with the 5s. I don't think I'm ready yet. I suppose if I can breeze through it, then it'll be time to move on.
  • CoCoMa
    Options

And I'm using 3 lb weights.... I reckon I do the chest flys wrong because I feel literally nothing when I do them, they're incredibly easy and I just hear Jillian going: "I could always use a good chest fly in my life" and I'm just like, err why?

Bry, maybe the 3lbs are too light for you...perhaps you've gotten stronger?? I think Jillian is nuts!! During the workout, I curse her, but afterwards, I thank her, LOL!!
  • hooah_mj
    Options

Bry, maybe the 3lbs are too light for you...perhaps you've gotten stronger?? I think Jillian is nuts!! During the workout, I curse her, but afterwards, I thank her, LOL!!

ditto both these comments....

I feel like I can fly now...we'll see after today's workout with my 5s.

Felicia...you must rock that cardio if you can curse out loud, ha ha ha..........I can't hardly utter a word for catching my breath. :sick:

great day to everyone ... going to get Day 5 in asap
  • chanson104
    Options
    Hang in there!! You can do it!
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words!

Day 2 week 1 complete. I took it easy though.
    I don't have 3 lb weights so I've been using 5 lb weights. However, today I didn't use any weight on some parts just to save my back. On the chest fly part, I might use some 8 lb weights soon (once my back is better).
    Today I went into the audio options on the dvd to turn off Jillian's instruction and only hear music. I liked it for the first couple minutes but then missed hearing her cue. Especially during push-ups. I had to keep looking up to see if it was time to move to the next exercise. Tomorrow I'll probably change it back to hearing her but then play some of my own music. I love going to Jazzercise and one thing I love about that is the music! It clears my head so hopefully it will work the same with 30DS.

I hope everyone is having a great week!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words!

Day 2 week 1 complete. I took it easy though.
    I don't have 3 lb weights so I've been using 5 lb weights. However, today I didn't use any weight on some parts just to save my back. On the chest fly part, I might use some 8 lb weights soon (once my back is better).
    Today I went into the audio options on the dvd to turn off Jillian's instruction and only hear music. I liked it for the first couple minutes but then missed hearing her cue. Especially during push-ups. I had to keep looking up to see if it was time to move to the next exercise. Tomorrow I'll probably change it back to hearing her but then play some of my own music. I love going to Jazzercise and one thing I love about that is the music! It clears my head so hopefully it will work the same with 30DS.

I hope everyone is having a great week!!

Mary,
    I wondered if I should try it without Jillian's instruction, so now I won't even bother. I'll just have to hear her sweet voice LOL!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) L1D3 complete!
    b) I half-*kitten*'d it (didn''t do all of the jumping jacks, and cheated on push-ups) but I pushed through regardless. My hub came into the room when I was half way through the workout to ask about dinner - UGH!!
    c) At tomorrow's workout, I'll make sure I don't get bothered!!