Who is still hungry after all their calories?

Options
I find that I am quite often still hungry after all my calories. What do you do when you have eaten all your calories and still feel hungry?

Replies

• 8BaughDad
    8BaughDad Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I personally either go for a walk or a job and burn a few more, that gives me some room to take in a few more calories.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Look back at my day and make changes for the next

pick more filling foods :]
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    exercise so you can eat more :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much always hungry.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Knocked up the daily burn to an average of 600 calories, that scored me an entire extra meal :-D\

That and changed the loss per week to half a pound, no rush here.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I drink protein powder at 3:pm everyday to help me stay full through the evening at only 100 calories for my whey protein it was the only thing that helped me.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What he said ^^ lol. But I always eat veggies and my protein until im full... then I eat the good stuff after! That way I fill up with less cals
  • theoddlittleduck
    theoddlittleduck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am - apparently 2300 calories today wasn't enough to fill me up. I played an hour of hockey too.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Being hungry if you have hit your cal limit often means you need to make better choices, this applies even more so to those whose cals are very low (1200 for women) or (1500 for men) often times it is due to a lack of protein or fiber in your diet that leads to hunger when you have hit that cal goal. My advise is to educate yourself on the diet side of things, take the time to learn proper nutrition as that will lead you to much more success than any workout schedule.
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    drink water... lots and lots of water. Also I try and distract myself!
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you feel hungry when really you are thirsty. Try drinking a glass (or two) of water and see if that helps.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Eat more, that is why I am failing. :noway:
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much always hungry.

Ain't that the truth!

Volumized proats ftw.
  • beeny83
    Options
    I eat diet Jelly (jello) It contains no sugar or fat and almost no calories and it feels like your eating food.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    If i'm hungry, i eat. I run alot, so i usually eat those exercise calories. Don't know if you exercise or not. Add protein to your diet to stay fuller longer.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am not really hungry after all my cals. Choose your food wisely! You are on a calorie restriction. So every calorie counts towards getting your nutrients. Load up on veggies and protien. They fill you up. Also 100 calories of nuts will keep you full longer than 100 calories of pure carbs. I eat nuts whenever I feel hungry, just a handful. They even out your blood sugar very nicely if you are prone to problems in that area. And they have loads of good for you fats. Get the 100 calorie packs if you can't be trusted not to keep digging in the bag.

Also, if you don't get your nutrition, your body will be looking for something. What you eat is just as important as how much. If I eat poorly, yep I'm hungry all day. Also, ask yourself. Am I really hungry?? Is my stomach really rumbling or do I feel like I need some food energy. Then eat. If not. You may be just bored or seeking nutrients.

I had lunch today, and it took me 45 minutes to eat it. High in protein, lot's of veggies. I couldn't be hungry after eating for almost an hour. But I could have also eaten half small fry in five minutes with the same calorie count, but I wouldn't have been very satisfied.

My formula is, Mid afternoon and midmorning, some nuts or greek yogourt (not fat free the fat keeps you full longer and it's only 20 calories). Protein shake or eggs with a piece of 12 grain toast for breakfast. Protein and veggies for lunch and dinner. Small snack before bed. My husband didn't even realize I was only eating 1200 or so calories, because he always see's me putting food in my mouth.

You don't have to starve. Just eat smart.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Lots of good suggestions. One of my tricks is to keep a homemade lo cal but filling soup in the fridge (lots of veggies and some protein). When I am really hungry, 2 cups of it will help fill me without breaking the calorie bank. It is low enough that I could hop on my recumbent bike for 30 minutes to earn at least a cup.

My usual recipe includes lean beef, tomato juice, italian spices, kidney beans, cabbage, onions, okra, carrots or whatever veggies I have on hand. Today I made one with turkey broth (made from the T day carcass), quinoa, turkey bits, navy beans and cabbage.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    On days that I work out, I usually don't have a problem with being hungry. Otherwise, I drink a lot of water and try to not think about it. It's easier when I stay away from fast food/junk food so I get more for my calories. Also, I think my stomach needed to shrink a bit, I was used to over eating.
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am an advocate for water. Drink a glass and see if you are still hungry. I also once read somewhere that if you drink a glass before you sit down to eat, you are less likely to overeat. And if all else fails, eat if you are hungry. Just make a healthy choice. An apple is a nice treat, but won't kill the calorie bank.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well I am always hungry. It depends on the level of it though. If I am only a little bit hungry I will drink some water or have a cup of diet soda as a treat. If I am actually hungry and I need to eat something I will allow it. My go to snack is some sliced cucumbers and bellpeppers with 2 tbsp of hummus and a glass of water. It will put something in my stomach, cure any snack cravings and its less than 100 calories. If I have used all my calories up, I try to go for something low calorie.