How many calories will use lose in a cold (not ice) bath?

Options
1235»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    None...
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I wish old posts would get auto locked after a certain amount of inactivity.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Clutching my pearls.... cold water burns calories now....how many!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    taso42 wrote: »
    Swimmers are thin and muscular due to the cold water drawing off the heat from their bodies and the body compensating for it.

:laugh:

Thank GOD my sons swim team practices in a heated pool! Those youngsters are lean enough from all of the physical activity 😂🤣 They might disappear if they were in cold water based on this
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    This poor person has been sick with a cold since 2011.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    A negligible, unimportant amount. If anything, you will burn less calories that day because you sat still in a bath instead of going for even a little walk around your kitchen.
  • jmc930
    jmc930 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    she asked a simple question whether or not if you can burn calories from cold temperatures i found my answers from the site i posted if you don't like the answer then take it up with the website, btw i have seen on doctor oz that you can burn calories from a cold ice pack for 20 mins. on the lower neck and shoulders no it obviously isn't as much as if you exercise but it does help kick your metabolism in gear, think about it your body is cold so your body has to work extra hard to warm you up which will get the blood pumping and then result in burning "some" calories. and no i dont think you should do this if you are still sick it will only make you worse... good luck and hope you are better

You lost me at Doctor Oz.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    jmc930 wrote: »
    she asked a simple question whether or not if you can burn calories from cold temperatures i found my answers from the site i posted if you don't like the answer then take it up with the website, btw i have seen on doctor oz that you can burn calories from a cold ice pack for 20 mins. on the lower neck and shoulders no it obviously isn't as much as if you exercise but it does help kick your metabolism in gear, think about it your body is cold so your body has to work extra hard to warm you up which will get the blood pumping and then result in burning "some" calories. and no i dont think you should do this if you are still sick it will only make you worse... good luck and hope you are better

You lost me at Doctor Oz.

That post was from 2011 and the poster hasn’t been active since 2016 so while I agree that Dr Oz isn’t a particularly credible source, I’m not sure your feedback is going to be received on this zombie thread....