Goodbye Coffee Creamer

Options
So I have realized I am spending around 300 cals a day on coffee creamer - crazy!!! I am going to start tomorrow to wean myself down this week to eventually no coffee by next week. Really the caffeine is not good for me anyway.

Any tips or success stores are welcome. Or if anyone wants to do it with me feel free to friend me :)

Replies

• HannahPastoor
    Options
    I just went cold turkey...Now I just put a little sugar in it...
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used to use lots of creamer too, but instead of cutting it out entirely, now I just use 2% milk... a coffee with 2% milk and 1-2 sugars is 75 calories at MOST.

I love coffee, so I make room for this in my daily calories. :)
  • katieslief83
    katieslief83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I should follow your lead! I'm spending around 150 to 200 calories on coffee creamer..... I love my coffee! I have completely quit pop in the last 3 weeks though, so I figure If I just do the coffee I am doing SO much better!!!!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just don't drink the coffee creamer...It takes a while to get used to black coffee, or just add skim milk. Gives the colour and a bit of taste w/o the calories.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Don't give up coffee-- just drink it black. I don't know why people ruin perfectly good coffee with cream and sugar anyway. :)
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I could never give up my coffee! Just switch to low fat milk!

No penance required, just a little switcheroo!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black with no sugar, It wasn't always like this but I go used to it.. Black coffee is not bad for you, it is only when you add all this sugar and creamers.
  • LisaWeir74
    LisaWeir74 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have just learned to love my coffee with no creamer.....I got sugar free flavored syrup at World Foods. It is yummy & I don't miss the creamer at all.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee with 2% milk. I do latte and cappuccino (I have a machine) and the lower fat milk actually 'froths' better than cream. :-)
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I switched to vanilla Almond milk and put two tablespoons in. The vanilla almond milk makes it sweet and a little nutty. I cut back to one tablespoon and its still great. Now, I will do one tablespoon of soy milk or one single serving Mini-Moo. 10 calories and yummy with splenda. A few extra calories if I use sugar in the raw.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I started using a combo of while milk and coffee mate sugar free low fat hazelnut (it is only 15 cals per tbs) then adding stuff like pumpkin spice, and a little splenda or stevia to make a pumpkin spice late`.

Good luck!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Use flavored coffee, like vanilla creme or hazelnut and drink it black. There are so many varieities out there, if you like the creamer for the flavor.

Good luck! :)
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know what type of creamer you are using but I haven't found them to have that many calories..? About 35 per tablespoon. I know I love coffee creamer so I couldn't give it up, now I just put 2 tablespoons in my coffee
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's a choice. I decided that I had other places I wanted my fat grams and cals to go. So I ditched it too. Do not really miss it for the most part. I had always been able to drink it black but preferred the added taste.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I had to give it up cold turkey - now drink it black! Good luck!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I use coffee creamer mixed with vanilla soy milk to lower the calories. I can usually go for about 50 calories a cup. It is worth it to me.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Try a flavored Stevia!
  • Ianhazemom
    Ianhazemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the sugar free kind?
  • gumigal82
    Options
    So I have realized I am spending around 300 cals a day on coffee creamer - crazy!!! I am going to start tomorrow to wean myself down this week to eventually no coffee by next week. Really the caffeine is not good for me anyway.

Any tips or success stores are welcome. Or if anyone wants to do it with me feel free to friend me :)

I use almond milk:) I love my coffee-so good luck with the no coffee:)
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Do you use the fat free kind? If not, try that. It's a lot less calories and tastes pretty good.