TurboFire

Options

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have Fire 30 tonight as well, and I'm sort of nervous for my first long class. An hour of TurboFire? Wow!

I have only done the one HIIT 15 (on Tuesday) and I burned 189 calories according to my HRM. So that's about 12.5 per minute - an insane amount!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I already started it two days ago but love to do it with you guys! I have Fire 30 tonight+10Stetch , but I am also going to do 20 min Turbo Jam Abs :) During the HIIT 15 class yesterday I burned 202 cals, I also did Turbo jam Sculpt (40min) and Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt&Abs (30min) with it and the 10 Stretch Class, between all those I burned total of 1006 cals! :D
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    So question - I've watched part of one of the workouts and felt sort of lost. Do the moves get easier as you go along? I feel like I'm gonna be flopping all over and not able to take my eyes off the TV to learn the moves!
    They totally get easier! The more you do it, the easier. I felt lost at first when I did Turbo Jam but than once I got the moves I loved it even more, and now I am having to adjust to the Turbo Fire moves too, sometimes I fall behind cause I forget which moves comes next, but I do the best I can and keep myself moving no matter what :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Just completed day 3, I skipped the rest day for another day. Did the FIRE 30 Class (Did with "New to Class" option)+ 10 Stretch Class and also threw in 20 min Turbo Jam Ab Jam video plus my 16min walk to and from work. My HRM says I burned 742 cals +60 cals from walking=802 total, yay! Noticed I am getting better with the moves and can follow the routine much better and faster than day 1 :)
  • tageekly
    Options
    That's amazing Stazzy! I didn't think about incorporating the TurboJam videos - I have them but never did the program. I sort of stumbled through Fire 30 today - I find I lose it when she mixes up arms and leg movements. Oh wait, that's the whole VIDEO! :laugh: I found that I could anticipate a little better but I have a long way to go to feel like a pro.

First long class tomorrow - Fire 55 EZ. A whole hour! :noway: Sheesh, I might collapse.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    hahaha, totally know how you feel, I have long way to go to feel like a pro :tongue:
    Its difficult to follow her when it changes up so fast and so many moves, but turning it into "New to Class" mode really helps, and burns extra 100 cal for those extra 10 min where she teaches the moves :tongue: Are you feeling sore? My shoulders, arms and back are so sore!
    I am doing the Fire 55 EZ tomorrow too, I am going to also add 30 min of Turbo Jam Booty Sculpt+Abs, it will be a killer combo :devil:
    I did Turbo Jam before this and it came to where I combined like 2-4 videos into one so than I realized it's prob time to move up to something tougher, but I feel guilty when I exercise less than an hour, I love burning a lot, it means I can eat yummy stuff after :happy: and treat myself to beer on weekends, heeheehehe :drinker:
  • tageekly
    Options
    The New to Class breakdowns are very helpful, and I know it'll get easier in time. My arms are really sore - but in addition to all these punches and combos I'm doing pushups and additional arms challenges so I'm doomed to not be able to lift my arms for the rest of the week...

I couldn't get all the way through Fire 55 tonight. I have been getting very bad side stitches lately and after pausing it three times I finally gave up. I'm disappointed but am hopeful they'll get better and I can make it through the whole class!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Hey guys! So happy I completed Week 1 of Turbo Fire and pushed my self extra by throwing in Turbo Jam with it!
    So yesterday I did (with HRM): TURBO FIRE: FIRE 55 EZ CLASS (791cals, 70min, New To Class Version)+TURBO JAM BOOTY SCULPT+ABS (30min, 278cal)+16min Walk (60cals).
    Today I did (with HRM): TURBO FIRE 20 CORE CLASS (20min, 154cals), TURBO JAM 20MIN CARDIO (190cals), TURBO JAM SCULPT (40min, 358cals). Did Turbo Sculpt instead of STRETCH 40 Class, I will do warm up tomorrow (my rest day) and do the stretch class than instead, I need the extra calories today for beer with friends :drinker:
    Good news, a little less sore today! :smile:
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 today! I'm also doing Turbo Jam on certain days. I was able to do the burpees today when before I could only do the modified version.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I did Fire 30 today, too. Excited about starting Turbo Fire up again!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Fire 55 today!
  • tmorse7
    Options
    Hello everyone! Today was a ChaLEAN Extreme day - I did Burn Circuit 1 and increased my weights a bit. My arms are feeling like jello right now. Tonight I have Zumba for my cardio - I don't want to give up Zumba since I only have it twice a week. Last week I didn't do my 2 a day workouts like I had planned, too many other committments with the holidays approaching but this week's calenday looks a lot less demanding so I am ready! I'm pretty jazzed that I can already fit into the new red dress I got for my son's Commissioning ceremony on the 17th! I have a cute little black dress that is still a bit snug but I'm aiming to wear it on Christmas Eve!
    Terri
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Did week 2, day 1 today: Fire 45 Class +10 Stretch Class. I also threw in Turbo Jam Sculpt (40mins)+my usual 16min walk to work, total calorie burn according to my HRM is 1039! Making up for naughty day yesterday, went over by sum 2000cals so paying for it today by working extra hard. Hate how my calorie burn for Turbo Jam is getting lower since my fitness is improving :P
  • tmorse7
    Options
    Hey everyone! Aaaahhhh! Just completed Turbo Fire 55 and I don't care what they say - it isn't easy! I have Fit Club tonight so I'll be doing Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance then! I'm sure hoping these twice a day workouts will bust this plateau soon!
    Terri
  • tageekly
    Options
    Terri - you're insane! I couldn't even make it all the way through Fire 55, much less that and then other classes! I hope this breaks your plateau too!

I had HIIT 20 today. I skipped Stretch 10 because I did an hour of yoga and felt like that was plenty of flexibility for one day. I really liked HIIT 20 - I was able to learn the moves pretty quick.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Kicked a** today! According to Turbo Fire schedule all I had to do was HIIT 20 and STRETCH 10 Classes, I wanted to get a higher burn so I threw in New To Class Version of FIRE 55 EZ, which is 15 min longer. Was really able to watch my form today and pushed so much harder!! Everything felt a little easier, I can definitely tell I am getting stronger and that adrenaline rush from the HIIT class really helps with that extra workout! Only 400 more cals left to make up for from the weekend damage, yayy!
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Is it too late to join this group? I'm currently on week 3 of Turbofire and loving every minute! Don't get me wrong, i'm finding it very challenging but still having great fun at the same time.
    I'm currently in a Turbofire group on here which is great support but would always love to meet more people on the turbofire journey to keep me accountable and on track! :-)
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Completed today HIIT 25 instead HIIT 15, did Sculpt 30 Class and than added in Fire 30 (New to Class Version) for an extra calorie burn, worked out so hard but well worth the burn :)
  • tageekly
    Options
    Of course you can join RonKay. We just check in when we can with wherever we are in the program. Welcome!

I had a rest day yesterday and just went for a jog. Ready for HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30 tonight - especially after seeing a 2.5 pound loss this week! Woo! :bigsmile:
  • tageekly
    Options
    Okay I lived through it! Another HIIT day down! Also did Sculpt 30 today and I think I need a different set of resistance bands - I got some from Target awhile back and have been using them and they aren't very "resistant." Maybe it's time to upgrade...