What did you want to be when you grew up!

Options

Replies

• Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    These are so great!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the movie Mr. Deeds, at the end...... lol

I wanted to be a Fireman.
    Now work as a Cartographer.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an astronaut....I now am an optician, fitting eyeglasses. lol
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I wanted ot be a soldier, I settled for marrying one lol. That is one of the reasons I am losing weight, I am still doing it!

I have a criminal justice degree, so ya I am going to do somethign in that field for a while
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    First goal: ballerina. I'm much too tall for that so.....

Next thought: child psychologist. I wanted to help out kids who had been hurt,

Actual job: teacher! Yay! I love my choice but I wish I earned more. Hubby is unemployed now and it's tough on just my income plus UI benefits.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh, there were a few different things. Vet, marine biologist (actually I think that's what my momwanted),
    A photographer for national geographic. The two that have stuck were a mommy (which I got), and a horse
    trainer ( which I had, and am trying to get back into). Im also a certified horseback riding instructor.

Yes, I am a dork.:tongue:
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    I wanted to be a teacher. & I still want to... only now at the college level.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be an actor or a Tornado chaser. Weird I know, but I was fascinated with Tornados. I thought being in a rock band would be cool as a career.
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    at age 4 whenever I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up my response was "Solid Gold Dancer"

Age 8 a rockstar

Age 10 Actress/musician/ dancer

today... I sit at a desk... something went terribly wrong.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot...I wanted to train search and rescue dogs, and for a brief stint, I was in nursing school. Whatcan I say, I get bored quickly!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a doctor.

I became a pastry chef which is kinda the same thing except with dessert.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    A Veterinarian or a police officer. Now I'm unemployed. Way to shoot for the stars....
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Even as a kid I couldn't put my finger on anything in particular. THIS is what happens when you don't have a plan.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ride horses!!

Lucky me - I got to just that for a living for eight years! I am working on getting back to that place again
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    From age 3-13 WANTED TO BE: Defense Attorney

From age 13-18 WANTED TO BE: Computer programmer

CURRENTLY: Assistant Director of Marketing & Ad Design Monkey at a multi-billion dollar non-profit arts & humanities organization.... love love love combining computers, art and culture with my love of people & my lack of putting up with B.S.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I wanted to own everything. I was convinced I could do everything better.

I wanted my own zoo, grocery store, restaurant, newspaper, hotel, everything.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I wanted to be a librarian - I even turned my room into a library and let the neighbors check out books :smile: Then I had an amazing 5th grade teacher and that inspired me to become a teacher .... I am now an accountant and I love it :happy:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be awesome.

Mission accomplished! :happy:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    when I was little I wanted to grow up to marry Ernie from Bert and Ernie.... what a little dreamer I was, lol.

Ernie was a little in love with Bert, if probably wouldn't have worked out. I'm so sorry, Bry.

I wanted to start a women's shelter in Haiti that placed orphaned children in a living situation with women who had no children. I had this awesome plan about teaching them trades, and how to farm so they'd be able to leave the compound and go back to their villages (with a small business loan) and set up farms, businesses, and they'd be able to teach the other women in their communities and it would continue. I mean, I started this whole plan when I was 8. Now I'm 23 and working as a receptionist for an IT company....FML.

Yea, you're right. I didn't know that as a 6 year old, though, lol. Later, in my high school years, I wanted to be a lawyer, but now, I am an insurance analyst. Wow. Now I want to be a fitness model. Maybe, just maybe I can turn one dream into a reality.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be tons of things lol...first a teacher, then a nurse, then a child psychiatrist, then a meteorologist, an editor, a writer, then a librarian...and a librarian, and a librarian...lol...that's the one turns out I wanted the most. I'm currently an accounts payable office drone and I hate it, and I HATE math...go figure. BUT I'm 35 and starting college in January to get to be a librarian some day, might be in about 8 years, but hopefully my dream job will come true. Just want to be surrounded by books, is that too much to ask! ;-)