People that cook & bake...

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
I need to buy all new bakeware. Everything from Mixing Bowls, 8x8, 9x13, bread pans, pie plates, etc. My boxes seem to have accidentally been given to GoodWill instead of taken to my new home when I moved.

So, recommendations? I cook - a lot. They must be dishwasher safe. I've heard the new Pyrex is a nightmare, and don't want to go that route.

Replies

• kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a Pampered Chef fan, but their stoneware is all I use for baking. No other stones have compared and I couldn't live without them. I have a stone sheet pan, 9x13, bread/loaf pan and muffin tins. I love the way the food turns out on them.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like all the Pampered Chef stuff. Martha Stewart's line is good too.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    for mixing bowls, I would go with basic stainless steel set from a discount store like Tj Maxx. That's also a great place to pick up tools like spatulas, garlic press, can openers, etc. You may have to hit more than one place to get what you need in the color you want, but you will save about 50%

As far as baking pans, etc...that all depends on how picky you are and what your budget is.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Crate and Barrel is my weakness.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    silicone bakeware is good (according to my friend) and you can fold it up so it stores small

I have a great square cake tin that is 12 x 12 but you can put dividers into it so you can make up to 9 smaller cakes if you wish
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I like my Pyrex, old and new, (literally just bought a big set before Thanksgiving) no complaints! I have a TON of it. for baking, like cupcakes, cakes, etc I like Wilton because it doesn't turn brown after one time in the oven like cheap stuff, and it's easy to clean. I'm also a fan of ceramic bakeware from Pier 1. Same thing, doesn't yellow or brown (that's my pet peeve)
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i am looking to buy all new also! been using same for YEARS and they are really falling apart. i do love my pyrex but they are a few years old. I have been researching pots and pans. i would love to go cast iron but i have a bad shoulder and im not sure i can to the weight. ugh....ill watch your answers!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't want to cast aspersions, but movers steal things all the time. My brother has moved several times and had things stolen every time.
    You might be able to make a claim for reimbursement.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Costco. Good prices, great return policy.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Problems with Pyrex? Please tell! I have a lot of OLD Pyrex... What's up with the new stuff?
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    anyone have an opinion on the goldtouch non-stick bakeware from Williams-Sonoma?
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I was gonna say pyrex stuff...but saw your note on the "new" stuff. Mine is all about 13 years old but I love it and use it all the time! I also bake like crazy but to be honest I hate my Pampered Chef stones for cookies....I only use them for pizza. I use a super cheap baking sheet for cookies and it does awesome. Good luck replacing your stuff doesn't sound like much fun! :frown:
  • maccerpops
    Options
    Le Creuset. Definitely the best all round and will last a lifetime.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Pampered Chef stoneware is amazing.
  • gusgrace06
    Options
    I like faberware or kitchen aid, and the best thing for casseroles or bread is polish pottery
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I don't want to cast aspersions, but movers steal things all the time. My brother has moved several times and had things stolen every time.
    You might be able to make a claim for reimbursement.

I know them and can guarantee they wouldn't even want my bakeware or the box of toys that was missing :) The frineds that loaded the truck to Goodwill and the Animal Shelter, however - they think they screwed it up *LOL* Oh well. I'll look at it as a learning experience on better babysitting skills and an opportunity for new bakeware :)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Here's Pyrex according to Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/pyrex.asp
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    pampered chef all the way for baking......not dishwasher safe, but still worth it to me!

i have ALOT of the stones (pizza, cookie sheet, large baker, small baker, cupcake, bread to name a few :smile: )
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I like my Pyrex, old and new, (literally just bought a big set before Thanksgiving) no complaints! I have a TON of it. for baking, like cupcakes, cakes, etc I like Wilton because it doesn't turn brown after one time in the oven like cheap stuff, and it's easy to clean. I'm also a fan of ceramic bakeware from Pier 1. Same thing, doesn't yellow or brown (that's my pet peeve)

totally forgot about all of my Wilton stuff! Wilton products are amazing!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'll eat it, regardless of where it was baked. confetti.gif