P.I.N.K Method

Options
Hey guys, I was just watching the Dr. Phil show, and found out about the P.I.N.K Method. Here's a link to the website if you guys don't know what it is;

http://www.pinkmethod.com/

Apparently it is VERY effective, and made especially for women. (so no men allowed I guess? Because it wasn't built for you lol) Women have lose 30+ lbs in 20 weeks, and they have said they saw results immediately (they were on the show, I didn't get this off the P.I.N.K site).

So I was just wondering if anyone has planned on doing it, or has done it? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hmm... it sounds kind of like a scam (the site is scary and nonspecific). If it works for you, though, that's good.

I think we all know how to lose weight (eat healthily and exercise) and it looks like this method just gives you a healthy eating booklet and a fitness dvd.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I watched that, too. The exercise part looked fine, the diet probably is, too, but I don't for a second believe the typical person is going to lose 50 pounds in three months, and I heard that from them a couple of times.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Anything that is emblazoned with the words "best new diet" and "lose weight fast" is a complete joke to me. Weight loss and healthy eating is a lifestyle change. "Fast" shouldn't be the goal. And oh look, they're selling something...who woulda thunk it?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I don't have time right now to look over that website, but my thoughts are.....if it's not something you can sustain for the rest of your life, it's not going to work. Anything labeled "America's best new diet" = gimmick, as does all of the PINK being screamed all over that website. If it works and people can stick with it, it shouldn't need marketing ploys.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    it looks like this method just gives you a healthy eating booklet and a fitness dvd.

...and with all the FREE information widely available on the internet...
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    You would think that Dr. Phil would learn after having to pay out $10.5 when he dabbled in weight loss scams the first time (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-09-26-dr-phil-diet_x.htm).

Don't waste your money on gimmicks. Plenty of great, free info here.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,984 Member
    Options
    The problem, for me, with the web-site, is I don't know what the "PINK method" is?? I can't "invest" in something when I don't know what it is.

What, about the program, was on Dr. Phil??
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy it. Those ladies seem to be sucking it in on the after photos and the plan is expensive. You're better off buying a cheaper workout dvd at Walmart (or even borrowing some from the library!) and just counting calories/eating healthy.

I lost 100 lbs in about a year and I didn't buy anything special to do it... I just wrote down everything I ate in a notebook and walked 3 to 6 miles a day.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I saw this too!
    It will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow and The Doctors on Wednesday
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't think there are any new miracle plans out there. I don't see paying 70 bucks for a couple of workout videos and a "nutrition guide." What else can a nutrition guide say except eat healthy!!!!???? The soup you have to go on at times doesn't give the recipe on the site but there are plenty of so called fat burning soups out there on line that have been around for years. I wouldn't buy it without knowing a whole lot more about the plan.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Does Dr,. Phil look all that great himself? Not to me.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy it. Those ladies seem to be sucking it in on the after photos...

I always suck it in. It has been something I had trained myself to do. But I mean you can tell on those who are not sucking it in they had had a weight loss change. But with my weightloss pictures I try not to suck it in.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You would think that Dr. Phil would learn after having to pay out $10.5 when he dabbled in weight loss scams the first time (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-09-26-dr-phil-diet_x.htm).

Don't waste your money on gimmicks. Plenty of great, free info here.

Exactly!

Honestly, any diet/exercise plan that guarantees that you will lose ___ weight by doing it, usually doesn't do $#!^. "Just sayin'"
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Anything with PINK in it makes me think of tacky, trite clothes where people pay to advertise across their *kitten*. I will pass.

I'm close to goal with the "eat right and exercise" plan - 100% done with MFP - for the princely sum of ZERO DOLLARS.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is VERY effective, and made especially for women. (so no men allowed I guess? Because it wasn't built for you lol)

I imagine they probably tried, but none of the men they offered it too were gullible enough to fall for it. :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    I bet after all the complicated diatribe they say to also consume 1200 calories. Magic.:devil:
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    For someone who isn't all that unhealthy to start --- losing that much weight in a short amount of time, isn't all that great.

I wouldn't spend the money (but I'm a cheapo!)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It has me curious b/c Basheerah Ahmad is in it and she's also in several of Jillian Michaels' dvds

As far as price...um...anything beach body is MORE expensive, yet they deliver results if followed properly; its something different.
    Not necessarily for everybody but different
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You get a wristband and a certificate!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I like the MFP method! :) & it's free! :) Good luck!