P.I.N.K Method

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Apparently it is VERY effective, and made especially for women.
    Who made this claim? The folks selling it? Any independent verification of this?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Anything with PINK in it makes me think of tacky, trite clothes where people pay to advertise across their *kitten*. I will pass.

:heart:
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    30+ pounds in four or five months is do-able with good diet and exercise.. i Made up a 3 40 min workouts (circuit training with weights, mat work and plyometric moves) and i lost 6 pounds in a week! All i did was read up on nutrition, my body type and "youtubed" interval training lol
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like the MFP method! :) & it's free! :) Good luck!

But...but....they don't give you a wristband!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Here's what you get for the "introductory price for the package is $67.99 or two payments of $39.99, plus $8.95 shipping.":

Nutrition Guide with more than 240 pages of menu options and recipes.
    Three workout DVDs, each featuring three workout routines ranging from 20-40 minutes.
    1 bonus workout DVD, featuring three 15-minute yoga, abs and lower body workouts.
    P.I.N.K. Method certificate.
    P.I.N.K. Method wristband for daily motivation.
    Lifetime access to the P.I.N.K. VIP online program.
    82-day full program.
    Diet and workout plans.
    Trainer and nutrition support.
    Tips to personalize P.I.N.K.
    Daily tracking tools.
    Online community.

Here's the components of the diet plan:

P.I.N.K. Reset, a short-term diet designed to jump-start your metabolism. (one cannot "reset" their metabolism short-term)
    P.I.N.K. Primary, which reintroduces the body to high-energy foods to fuel physical activity for Phase 1 of the fitness program.
    7-Day Shred, a weeklong program incorporating nutrient rich “Shred Soup” that blasts away the last few stubborn pounds and keeps you from hitting weight-loss plateaus. A soup! Lovely!
    P.I.N.K. Preservation, the sustainable weight management program to keep the pounds off and maintain your ideal weight.

(http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/new-pink-method-weight-loss-plan-unveiled-on-dr-phil-show#ixzz1f2PKnnw2)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 150 lbs thru exercise and proper diet and it only costs me 25 a month for the gym ,of which I use 6 times a week, so I do get my moneys worth for the 25 bucks. Took me about 17 months and really didnt stress me too much. I just stayed focused and made the correct choices

Dr Phil $how is the new Jerry $pringer with a PH. At one time it was an Ok show, now just another driveil show promoting the latest fad to make the $how more money..............he$ in it for the money............
  • tiffco
    Options
    Ha, I was just watching this and googled it to see what it is. The red flag for me is they're not explaining anything. Their plan is different because they offer a weight reset? Well, how? They refuse to give specifics.

I'm annoyed that this infomercial is being played on a regular talk show as if it is unbiased health information from a "doctor". Dr. Phil should have to disclose how much he's being paid to shill this crap.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I guess botox is getting more costly and his wife Robyn, (who he SWEARS has never had a thing done to her face) is having her usual yearly maintenance package. I thought I was going to drop when he told his supportiveaudience that his sweet wife Robyn MaGraw has never had one thing done to make her look younger...............yeah, right guy.........

Only in Hollywood...........LLoyd
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ha, I was just watching this and googled it to see what it is. The red flag for me is they're not explaining anything. Their plan is different because they offer a weight reset? Well, how? They refuse to give specifics.

I'm annoyed that this infomercial is being played on a regular talk show as if it is unbiased health information from a "doctor". Dr. Phil should have to disclose how much he's being paid to shill this crap.

I dont take health advice from doctors who have a PhD in philosophy and have never been to medical school...
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There didn't seem to be all that much info on the site, but some of the before and after pics they have scrolling past on the video are not that impressive to me. Good luck to everyone tho. :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% sure that "dr phil" is just coming up with a product to take advantage of this typical audience. ie.. a bunch of women ages 16-56 or whatever. He might have about 0.0001% more creditiblity if he showed off HIS abs.

All he did was have someone re-package a bunch of well known ideas and hire a bunch of pretty woman that are ALREADY fit to push his product. "oh look at those pretty and fit ladies, I want to look like that, where to I send my money?"
  • soapiegirl
    Options
    Watching Dr Phil show as well and she, Cynthia Pasquella, stated that she had a lot of cellulite and belly fat she got rid of just by doing her diet and so can we. Dr Phil questioned that claim but I was disappointed he didn't pursue it or ask for before/after pics of somebody or anybody! So she guarantees we can get rid of cellulite as well just she did.... hmmmm. That's a pretty big statement to make.
  • CrisN99
    CrisN99 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a discount. Jillian's 30 DS at walmart: $15. MFP: Free.

No wristband or certificate though. LOL!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I got mine at a discount. Jillian's 30 DS at walmart: $15. MFP: Free.

No wristband or certificate though. LOL!

Hey if you run a 5K, they usually give you a t-shirt :D
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Here's what you get...words...words...
    7-Day Shred, a weeklong program incorporating nutrient rich “Shred Soup” that blasts away the last few stubborn pounds and keeps you from hitting weight-loss plateaus. A soup! Lovely!

Shred soup? :huh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    30+ pounds in four or five months is do-able with good diet and exercise.. i Made up a 3 40 min workouts (circuit training with weights, mat work and plyometric moves) and i lost 6 pounds in a week! All i did was read up on nutrition, my body type and "youtubed" interval training lol

Really? That sounds really tough to me. Maybe I'll manage a higher weight loss at first, but even working out every day for close to 90 minutes, I don't expect to lose that much that fast, not without passing out from hunger. I'm going to be very happy if I do lose that much for any extended period of time, though! I'm still not going to spend money on a packaged diet program, though, I like your way better!
  • slimnsexynside
    Options
    After watching the show and reading all of the posts, I'm not buying into the P.I.N.K. method. If anything, I'm going to up my exercise and get back to logging my food regularly. I'm sure by the time Jan 1 gets here, there will be 100 other NEW DIETS out there claiming easy ways to lose weight and keep it off... for the low price of ?????
  • lcando
    Options
    how do i pay
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    how do i pay

You send a check to me
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    how do i pay
    Leave the money in unmarked bills in a paper bag on the steps of the library at precisely 2:05 pm tomorrow. :wink: