diet soda

Options

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I put away a case every two-three days.

That's just gross. Reading that made me nauseous.
  • mikeglines
    Options
    We drink a lot of Propel Zero. I love soda and I had a hard time giving it up. The Propel helped to curb that craving. I didn't totally give up soda, I will drink a diet soda about once a month.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha I was being a smart *kitten* they dont drink soda,but as long as people BRUSH thier teeth they will be fine,oranges can rot your teeth too you know.Almost everything will if you dont brush. I grew up drinking soda and had awesome teeth

Brushing helps, but you'd have to brush a hell of a lot to keep up with a 36oz a day habit...

No you wouldnt,like I said I grew up drinking coke and had perfect teeth I drank WAY more than that
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I will offer up what worked for me. I decided to get rid of the caffeine as well as the artificial sweetener in my diet. I posted on here and had several options given to me. I drink two things to help me with my Diet Pepsi addiction. The first is La Croix sparkling water-it has no calories or artificial sweeteners. It's bitter, but it helps feed my fizz addiction. The other thing I use is True Lemon Lemonade which has Stevia in it. It's like Crystal Light but without the artificial sweetener in it. I found that a lot of my health issue magically disappeared when I got rid of the caffeine and artificial sweeteners (headaches, joint aches, overall feeling like crap).

Best of luck!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have one diet soda a day. It's not the best habit..but I don't feel like it hinders my weight loss. Do what is best for you and your goals.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

how judgmental of you.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Hahahahaha I was being a smart *kitten* they dont drink soda,but as long as people BRUSH thier teeth they will be fine,oranges can rot your teeth too you know.Almost everything will if you dont brush. I grew up drinking soda and had awesome teeth

Brushing helps, but you'd have to brush a hell of a lot to keep up with a 36oz a day habit...

I understand that we're upsetting you by not adhering to your worldview but I don't brush the hell out of my teeth and they really are fine. I didn't even get my one and only calorie until the age of 42.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Ok this may be a silly question, but since I don't know anything about teeth.... if you brush your teeth normally wouldn't it be okay to drink the diet soda?

yes it will not damage your teeth if you take care of them,anything can cause tooth decay espically acidic fruits like oranges and such. But you know if people brush they will be fine

Okay that is what I thought! Kind of clueless when it comes to that xD
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

I understand that we're upsetting you by not adhering to your worldview but I don't brush the hell out of my teeth and they really are fine. I didn't even get my one and only calorie until the age of 42.

If it works for you, go for it - but for me, I just think it's gross. I can't even get through 2 sips of a soda. And if you're teeth are fine, that's great...but in the grand scheme of things, research and the ADA would disagree with anyone claiming that 36 oz of diet soda per day is ok for teeth.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

No one is trying to force you to drink it. If people want to enjoy things that I don't enjoy, it doesn't bother me, so I am having trouble understanding why this bothers you so much.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

how judgmental of you.

So you feel personally affected by my negative reaction to soda?
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Waka waka waka...everyone is different..waka waka waka...some people don't drink any soda and get cavities...waka waka waka...some people drink sh*tloads of it and don't have any...waka waka waka...time to get off the high horse..
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    double post
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Meep Meep!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Waka waka waka...everyone is different..waka waka waka...some people don't drink any soda and get cavities...waka waka waka...some people drink sh*tloads of it and don't have any...waka waka waka...time to get off the high horse..

:laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

how judgmental of you.

So you feel personally affected by my negative reaction to soda?

I feel like you are speaking in a rude manner. Your opinion of my habits is less than meaningless.
  • NEZADOO1
    Options
    The artifical sweetner in any diet beverage, still causes insulin spikes thru the roof, which tells your body to store fat until the levels come back down..Insulin levels need to stay low for fat loss, thus the low carb diet.
    A recent "Men's Health" magazine article stated that over 10 yrs of drinking diet soda, your waist size was likely 5 times bigger than someone who does not........ drinks for thought.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

I feel like you are speaking in a rude manner. Your opinion of my habits is less than meaningless.

Your habits are irrelevant to me. The thought of consuming that much soda makes me nauseous, however. I have the same reaction when people praise foie-gras. Some foods just do that to you...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    foie-gras NEVER causes me to be rude and judgmental. So weird.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The artifical sweetner in any diet beverage, still causes insulin spikes thru the roof, which tells your body to store fat until the levels come back down..Insulin levels need to stay low for fat loss, thus the low carb diet.
    A recent "Men's Health" magazine article stated that over 10 yrs of drinking diet soda, your waist size was likely 5 times bigger than someone who does not........ drinks for thought.

Lol so much inaccurate information here.