Older and looking worse after weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    some people look worse in the daylight than in the dark.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    They say that after about 45, women tend to look older. But, that's just because plump is a younger look in general. Personally, I don't care. I'm healthier, and that's the goal. People who don't like the way I look simply don't have to look.

Yes. You said it better, Plumper looks healthier. It's not women. it's men too. Last weeks' Biggest Loser episode had a gret example. Jerry I think. He lots lots of weight but looked a LOT older.

So, will you still be participating on MFP?
    oh please stop :/ she/he was just stating thier opinion (which some ppl have agreed with). No big deal
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    some people look worse in the daylight than in the dark.

Now this I agree with haha!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Let me see, so it's a choice with being fat, unhappy, young looking on the outside but old old and killing myself on the inside or thin, healthy and looking my age.

I think I know which one I chose.
  • AndromedaB
    AndromedaB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law just turned 60, and lost a bunch of weight (he wasn't someone you would think of as fat in the first place, but maybe was carrying a few extra pounds).When I saw him, I was surprised at how much older he looked. He previously had this boyish face, but now looks gaunt and grayish. I wondered whether he was sick, but found out he had been dieting. He really looked like he'd aged about 15-20 years. He definitely looks worse now.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You fix this my lifting heavy weights and putting back on some of the muscle you more than likely lost along with the fat.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 at the end of this month, I've lost 38 lbs. Last month I was at a party with my husband (who is a year younger than me) and some people thought I was his daughter. So, I don't think it is an issue for everyone.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    So funny. It's true for me.

Before I started losing I had just the beginnings of crows feet. The more I lose, the more pronounced those lines on my face are getting.

The fat did puff my face out enough to prevent any serious wrinkles and I did look much, much younger than everyone my age. That's changing now.

But I'd rather look like the middle-aged woman I am than carry all that fat around. I think I look better, too. Older, but better. Friends say yes, boyfriend refuses to say he thinks so, but I think he does, :)

Have to see when I'm done how it all turns out. :)
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Putting on some muscle can solve that problem, also you could try some botox it's what celebrities do.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think what happens, happens. I KNOW I will be healthier after losing weight, and that is what is most important to me.

True that
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think what happens, happens. I KNOW I will be healthier after losing weight, and that is what is most important to me.

true that
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    as fat is leaving my face, i DO look slightly more wrinkled, but i'm trading that in for better health and fitness and more strength.