Does anyone steal your thunder?

Options
124»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thought I heard thunder...nope, the dog just farted. **opens the window and lights a match**
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting for my initiation. I hope I don't have to be jumped in. I wanna know what it feels like to be gangsta.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Thought I heard thunder...nope, the dog just farted. **opens the window and lights a match**

I smell that fart clear over here- and it smells like bourbon........
  • ckoudsi617
    Options
    It's thunda. Pronounced thun-dahhhhhh.

LIKED it! (I'm from Boston and that's how we'd say it...) :happy: Like we'd say: "Mooah powah TO ya!"

P.S. Your cousin in law just made herself look silly. Quite frankly, I was embarassed for her (pretty sure it was a "her", duh! But if I'm wrong -- oops!) As for you, I think you accepted the compliment graciously. Enjoy your accolades -- you've earned them!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    The irony in this thread was stifling...
    Anyhoo, yeah, like so many have said all over the forums, you can't fix stupid. Or insecure, for that matter. Maybe she hasn't heard a compliment in a while and couldn't handle someone else getting one. Either way, being gracious and ignoring her blunder only makes you look even better. Too bad being gracious isn't catching... :-)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Either way, being gracious and ignoring her blunder only makes you look even better. Too bad being gracious isn't catching... :-)
    Exactly. I'm sure that everyone saw any grandstanding for what it was.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    OH, oh, oh I can SO relate. I started loosing weight in April and after of month of work, my hubby started. I had about 150 to loose and he had about 120. We have both worked hard, but being a man he has had a little more success than I have he has lost about 95 pounds (mostly from the waist up} and a and I have lost 80(mostly from the waist down).When we see someone who hasn't seen us for a while they go crazy telling him how great he looks and if I mention that I have lost weight too, they say, "oh you look good too" but most times I get the impression they don't really mean it, but feel they have to say something because I told them I lost weight. I have to say that I feel like I should get SOME attention for having lost 80 pounds, but I am having to settle for the knowledge that I am slimmer and healthier than I have been in ten years. Life is not fair.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Either way, being gracious and ignoring her blunder only makes you look even better. Too bad being gracious isn't catching... :-)
    Off topic but your robot Santa creeps the ever lovin' bejeebers out of me. I keep thinking it's Bender in a Santa suit and then I look closer and no, its still just an evil robot dressed up in good cheer. :noway: :frown: :cry:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Off topic but your robot Santa creeps the ever lovin' bejeebers out of me. I keep thinking it's Bender in a Santa suit and then I look closer and no, its still just an evil robot dressed up in good cheer. :noway: :frown: :cry:
    he did rope bender into helping him one year though, I believe. :laugh:
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    he did rope bender into helping him one year though, I believe. :laugh:

Still, my ever lovin bejeebers are still creeped. :tongue:
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What a collection of posts. One of the nested quotes made me think I was looking into a mirror tunnel.
    This topic did inspire me to open up a bit on the subject.

I always say, “Your work = Your reward”, and that’s the way it is with fitness. You get to walk around with 12 pounds less than you had to start with. That’s one reward. The general public has a different opinion of what they see now. You get the pride of your accomplishment. The thunderous comments were first directed to you, that’s what started the conversation.
    Now think about your accomplishments at the office. Your project turns out wonderfully but who gets the rewards. Your boss gets a cut of the revenue in the form of a bonus, the team shares the accolades, sales and marketing act like they had something to do with the success, heck, there may be no thunder left after all that…not to mention uncle sam snatching his portion…
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Well said BenFallen
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i feel you right now
    whenever im talking about my preogress to someone whether it be over fb/ in person it always happens
    really iritates me and i sometimes cant even be bothered talking about it, becuase i know whats going to happen
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with "one up" syndrome (that is what I call it)

We are okay as long as no one else is around, but when someone else is around, she is constantly interrupting me, wont even allow me to answer, trying to answer for me, etc... and she exaggerates things, like pole vaulting over mouse turds... the smallest thing becomes the BIGGEST problem in the world, and the good thing, becomes the best thing in the world (although she usually doesn't talk about good stuff) oh yea, and she baby talks?

anyhow yea, thats who I have. I don't hang out with her much anymore, I just can't handle the drama, the baby talk, and all the end of the world crap. LOL