THE Team - Week 2 - 2/13/09

Options
fridaysmiley.gif
Hello, Everyone! Welcome to Week 2
Everyone is welcome to join in at any time.
We began a thread looking for friends to join our group: and to date we have 34 names on the list.

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas.

Let’s come up with some good ideas this week. Like a challenge.

I’ll throw down a challenge:

~I challenge you to log all your food for every day this week. Even the single bite of your friends’ cake.
~~OR I challenge you to drink half your weight daily in ounces of water.

Pick one and commit to it. You alone will suffer if you cheat. ( I don’t need to know if you picked one…..)

Both of these practices are vital to continued weight loss, and weight maintenance for the rest of your life.

There will be a new thread each week on Friday. FRIDAY! In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category
The thread name is “THE Team - 2/13/09 Week 2” Then week 3, etc.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    fridaysmiley.gif
    Hello, Everyone! Welcome to Week 2
    Everyone is welcome to join in at any time.
    We began a thread looking for friends to join our group: and to date we have 34 names on the list.

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas.

Let’s come up with some good ideas this week. Like a challenge.

I’ll throw down a challenge:

~I challenge you to log all your food for every day this week. Even the single bite of your friends’ cake.
    ~~OR I challenge you to drink half your weight daily in ounces of water.

Pick one and commit to it. You alone will suffer if you cheat. ( I don’t need to know if you picked one…..)

Both of these practices are vital to continued weight loss, and weight maintenance for the rest of your life.

There will be a new thread each week on Friday. FRIDAY! In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category
    The thread name is “THE Team - 2/13/09 Week 2” Then week 3, etc.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Count me in !!!! :drinker:
    I'm determined to be strict with myself this week, and do the following to end this mini plateau of mine:

1) Exercise for at least 60 mins a day 3-5 times this week
    2) Log everything that goes in my mouth
    3) Drink at least 10 cups of water per day
    4) Above all, I'm going to enjoy this week, and stop feeling sorry for myself! (I'm going back to work after 5 weeks off sick) :drinker: :drinker:

Yeah I know, I've got 4 goals this week, but I'm sooo fed up feeling sorry for myself, staying in bed until lunchtime and feeling cruddy, time for the new healthier me to wake up and smell the roses! :happy:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    MOrning. It's 4:00 am. I can't sleep (probably since I've been asleep since 7:30 LOL

It's going to be a bad few days for me.. excuses I know. Tonight DH is taking me out for my b'day and there will probably be some cake and ice cream. Today is the party at school, but nobody really ever brings anything I can eat (I'm allergic to food coloring). So that's good.

Off to try to snooze for 1 1/2 more hours. Gotta be bright eyed and bushytailed :)
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    I shall endeavour to drink half my weight in water!! which means an extra 2 glasses a day. I'm sure I can manage that!!

Here's to a fantabulous week team!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    I'll start this ugly business LOL

kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/ progreess -3 (is that right or do we it weekly?)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/ progreess -3
    get_fit2009/SW 175/CW 165/progress -10, for the week -.50

If we're doin' it wrong, I guess we'll get fired.:laugh:

Ok, 1/2 pound for me for the week, and I am so happy!
    1) It means my ticker is now true
    2) I had a day of mindless eating and that could have led me to fall off the wagon head-first
    3) (Sorry to the couple of fellas who are in our group) It's the week before TOM, which is when I usually gain a bunch of weight. If I am maintaining now, it means by the end of next week a bunch of weight will fall off me. I just gotta hang in there.

Kelleighanne, enjoy your birthday. I had ice cream cake last weekend and did alright. Just plan ahead, you will be ok.

I will log my food as my challenge - um, the water thing? Yeah, we're road trippin' this weekend to visit my son. I don't wanna hafta stop every hour (it's a 4 1/2 hour drive). Maybe next week that can be my challenge!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    YAY!!! Count me in !!!! :drinker:
    I'm determined to be strict with myself this week, and do the following to end this mini plateau of mine:

1) Exercise for at least 60 mins a day 3-5 times this week
    2) Log everything that goes in my mouth
    3) Drink at least 10 cups of water per day
    4) Above all, I'm going to enjoy this week, and stop feeling sorry for myself! (I'm going back to work after 5 weeks off sick) :drinker: :drinker:

Yeah I know, I've got 4 goals this week, but I'm sooo fed up feeling sorry for myself, staying in bed until lunchtime and feeling cruddy, time for the new healthier me to wake up and smell the roses! :happy:

4 goals is GOOD! I think they all kind of tie together: If you exercise, you will be thirstier, it will flush the crud out of your system, if you eat well, you will feel better, etc. etc. And, just remember, you have to tell us how you do, so we will hold you accountable (in the NICEST possible way!!!)
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Nice job get fit!!!

Happy birthday Kelleighanne :flowerforyou:

I gained last week and this week I am happy to say that the 1/2 pound I gained came off!!! I think I need to eat more, just like Bob told one of the contestants on the biggest loser. And while I only lost 1/2 pound, I took my measurements and lost on my chest (I am actually happy about this) and my waist!!!

Here's to a great week!!!
  • agapita1965
    Options
    Hello,

I am down 2 pounds this week, right on track for me.:happy:

I started logging in my exercise and eating some of those calories. Those extra calories have been a big help! I am going to continue to make sure I eat some of those exercise calories.
    :smile:
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The song remains the same, no change this week. I'm up for the challenge. I will exercise 3-5 times for at least 60 minutes, drink at least 10 cups of water, log my food intake and..I forgot the last but I'll read the recent post. Good Luck to everyone, have a Terrific Friday the 13th..(Jason, alias Zano)

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    The song remains the same, no change this week. I'm up for the challenge. I will exercise 3-5 times for at least 60 minutes, drink at least 10 cups of water, log my food intake and..I forgot the last but I'll read the recent post. Good Luck to everyone, have a Terrific Friday the 13th..(Jason, alias Zano)

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Ooh, that's right, it's Friday the 13th! Always been a GOOD day for me!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Keep it up Zano!! It's hard to think you need to eat more but that's maybe what needs to be done. I'm going to try it this week and see if it helps!
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello THE Team

Happy Birthday to you Kelleighanne

:happy: I couldn't wait for today. I worked my tail off in the last 3 days. My weight has dopped another 4lbs this week and now Im down a total of 16 lbs.

Hey, what are some of you doing for Valentine's Day and WATCH THOSE SWEETS THIS WEEKEND PEOPLE:tongue:

SW 257
    CW 241
    GW 150

CMRIVERSIDE, you rock!!!
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Jackie_W- I’m rooting for you to make all those goals this week. May your transition back to work be an easy one.

Kelleighanne-I’m guessing Happy Birthday wishes are in order. May your dinner be enjoyable and healthy. May you walk away satisfied and proud of your decisions.

vonzo-Have a great week too; guzzle guzzle. Down the hatch with the extra water.

get_fit2009- excellent on the loss.

mandersen16- I just love your attitude! Congrats on your loss and measurements.

agapita1965- Very nice loss! Nice to see eating exercise calories help. Seems so backwards doesn’t it?

zano2008-maintaining is good too. Great goals. Wishing you much success.

kelleighanne/ SW 171/ CW 168/ progreess -3
    get_fit2009/SW 175/CW 165/progress -10, for the week -.50
    prayerfulmom sw231/cw226/gw165 (real sw is 277)

Had a great week. I was out of town Fri-Sunday. That equals 7 meals away from home. That 770 minutes of exercise balanced me out=). Very very happy as I had a -2.2 loss this week.

Challenge: I have a water restriction so can’t do that. Planning on being out of town for 3 days but will take the challenge to log food via cell phone. Sounds painful=)
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    I couldn't wait for today. I worked my tail off in the last 3 days. My weight has dopped another 4lbs this week and now Im down a total of 16 lbs.

Dang!:noway: Nice work.
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thhaaaannnkkk Yoooouuu prayerfulmom:drinker:

It amazes me too. :wink:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT work :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Just marking the thread... I'll be weighing in tomorrow. Doubting (AGAIN) that I lost anything this week.
    :tongue:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    MORNING EVERYONE!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'd like to join. I'm on week 4? I think.. anyway one week doesn't count because I spent it in bed with the flu and couldn't work out or do anything I was supposed to. Back on track this week. I don't understand my weight fluctuations, ok so I weigh almost every day, but only track 1x/wk, and it changes so much! I've "gained back" 2 pounds but don't understand how! Also, even when I had all 11 pounds gone, by my clothes I 'gained weight' in my lower abdomen? How is that possible? It's DEPRESSING!!!

I didnt' expect to see a huge difference with 11 pounds gone, but I didn't expect my pants to be TIGHTER!!! HELP! What's going on?

Happy to join the team, I'm friends with losinit4good (not sure if I spelled that all right)... we're friends IRL and she introduced me to this site which I LOVE!

And I'll do the "log every bite" because I have been really good at doing that... as long as I have internet access (which drives my hubby crazy because I'm always running to the computer and logging stuff)