THE Team - Week 2 - 2/13/09

Options

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    That sounds exciting!! I wish I could afford a fixer upper house to flip. The real estate market here is not a sellers market tho. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they accept for you! Would you guys move into it and fix it up or just fix it to sell it?

It is SOOOO much work though, the house is like 50 years old, but going for about 70-100,000 less then other nicely maintained ones in the neighborhood. Oh here it is definitely a buyers market, that is why we would buy it now, and fix it up, and in about 2-3 years when the market peaks again we would sell it, and buy a nicer house. I hope so, they will counter offer I bet though, but it is an estate sale, and the people want it gone I am pretty sure. Fix it up to live in it until the market goes back up, and make some equity! I hope we get it for around our offer though, because it is a lot of work!:smile: Thanks for the fingers crossing hun!!..oh yeah and stop eating that delicious soup!!:tongue:

Sounds like a great plan!

I did stop eating the soup... after 2 bowls of it I was STUFFED! It was so good tho I couldnt help it!! Good thing it was only about 56 cals a serving.. :laugh: I ended up not making the tbones. After filling up on soup hubby agreed he wasnt hungry anymore.. LOL plus they were still a bit frozen. Oh well... always have tomorrow night :laugh: Hubby tried to take me to our coffee cafe where we first met for valentines only it went out of business! bummer!! We hit starbucks instead and I got a skinny grande peppermint mocha. I was in heaven! Havent had starbucks or even a mocha in quite a while. Thats an accomplishment in itself considering I used to drink 1 a day!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I had no idea a chicken sandwich from Sonic had 670 calories!!!! I would have been better off getting a cheese burger from mcdonalds (and even better off if I hadn't had either one). I guess it will be exercise city for me today... and special K for supper.

Fast food is so hard to work around when dieting!! I live about 10 minutes out of town and I work Monday thru Friday as well as volunteering at our animal shelter and have no time to run home to eat during lunch. One thing that helped me was the book called "Eat This Not That". You've probably heard of it before but its really a great book that puts fast food calories in perspective.

My faves to get (if I must go to a fast food place) are Burger Kings Jr. Whopper (minus the mayonnaise and cheese) with a side salad and a water, Wendy's Large chili with a side salad, or Quizno's Sammies with a bowl of Broccoli and Cheese soup.

I'm not sure of the exact nutrition info but I've looked it up before and these are all pretty good choices as far as fast food goes :happy:

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

Laci- This is too funny cuz when I was working full time, Wendys chili and a side salad was one of my fav lunches. In fact.. the southwest taco salad from wendys is pretty much a salad with thier chili on it and then some kind of spicy dressing and tortilla chips. I LOVE that salad so when I have the cals and have to eat out for lunch, thats typically what I go for. Even if I dont have enough for the whole salad, I'll split it between 2 days. I always order the chili on the side so I can add what I want to the salad I plan to eat without what Im not gonna eat going soggy. You are absolutely right tho... thier chili is a good option when it comes to fast food!

I also had to giggle when I saw the whopper JR. Before I started dieting I was a whopper girl almost every day when I was working!! I LOVED THEM! They arent that bad if you skip the mayo and cheese and get a single or a junior. I tried doing that and just adding a little more ketchup after about the first 2 weeks on my healthier diet and I ended up feeling crummy for about 3 days afterwards... all bloated and gross. I made up my mind to just get over the whopper fix. I still get cravings hardcore for them but I refuse to go through the after effects.. LOL If you can do it tho, more power to ya!! :happy:

Anyway..Subway is a good, cheap option also. I know its hard to pack a lunch, but if you can make healthy dinners and take leftovers... things like chili and soup are super easy to make at home and last for days. I usually make a couple kinds of soup a week. Wraps are also great! If you dont have time to pack lunch, at least grab yourself some healthy snacks so your not starving for lunch. :wink:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Count me in !!!! :drinker:
    I'm determined to be strict with myself this week, and do the following to end this mini plateau of mine:

1) Exercise for at least 60 mins a day 3-5 times this week
    2) Log everything that goes in my mouth
    3) Drink at least 10 cups of water per day
    4) Above all, I'm going to enjoy this week, and stop feeling sorry for myself! (I'm going back to work after 5 weeks off sick) :drinker: :drinker:

Yeah I know, I've got 4 goals this week, but I'm sooo fed up feeling sorry for myself, staying in bed until lunchtime and feeling cruddy, time for the new healthier me to wake up and smell the roses! :happy:

I've been keeping true to myself all weekend so far (which is hard at the best of times with family eating naughty foods), We had a lovely piec of cod for dinner last night by candlelight with a glass of wine, and then we watched 27 dresses :bigsmile: and I am pleased to say, I stepped on the scale this morning and I am the same weight I was yesterday morning, didn't gain an ounce :drinker:

Hope every one had a great time :heart:
  • Kelleighanne
    Options
    Jackie, that's great. Sounds like a fun date night. I haven't seen 27 dresses yet. Dh rented the very romantic "My name is Bruce" a movie about Bruce Campbell :laugh: It was actually pretty good.

thanks laci. I actually thought I was doing good getting chicken instead of a burger. It all worked out though because I ate a chicken salad at home for supper. SO good.
  • chantybear
    Options
    Hey everyone, looks like no one is on today!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

HAHA! you beat me to it!!

I just got done with putting all the groceries away. Got to yoga this morning with adopt4, then we went shopping for clothes for her hubby, grabbed a salad at wendys and hit the grocery store. I just got everything put away, got my jello fruit salad made, sat down to log food for the day. So far so good :)

Hows your day?? :laugh: Face feelin better?
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone, well its day three of the challenge. I am logging everything I eat. Drinking half my weight in ounces, and exercising (wogging).
    Li4g - keep up the good work, twenty five minutes for a 1.5 mi is a great start. I'm gonna try to increase my running distance to 1/2 mi, so the work out in the morning is 1.8 mile walk to tne track, 1/2 mile jog, and then 1.8 mi back home. This takes an hour.
    Jackie_W - nice job leaving the plateau, keep up the great work...39lbs already lost...WOW
    Nitag - Dreaming of being thin, really cool. I'm all for goal setting, seeing your success, and getting there. If you are on this site, your with the best people to get us there.
    Adopt4 - Welcome to our team, don't understand about the tighter pants but eleven pounds is a very nice start, stay withn us the pounds will melt off
    Since its Sunday nite I can't wish a fantastic day, just restful sleep .....Zano132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • lacijae
    Options
    I had no idea a chicken sandwich from Sonic had 670 calories!!!! I would have been better off getting a cheese burger from mcdonalds (and even better off if I hadn't had either one). I guess it will be exercise city for me today... and special K for supper.

Fast food is so hard to work around when dieting!! I live about 10 minutes out of town and I work Monday thru Friday as well as volunteering at our animal shelter and have no time to run home to eat during lunch. One thing that helped me was the book called "Eat This Not That". You've probably heard of it before but its really a great book that puts fast food calories in perspective.

My faves to get (if I must go to a fast food place) are Burger Kings Jr. Whopper (minus the mayonnaise and cheese) with a side salad and a water, Wendy's Large chili with a side salad, or Quizno's Sammies with a bowl of Broccoli and Cheese soup.

I'm not sure of the exact nutrition info but I've looked it up before and these are all pretty good choices as far as fast food goes :happy:

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

Laci- This is too funny cuz when I was working full time, Wendys chili and a side salad was one of my fav lunches. In fact.. the southwest taco salad from wendys is pretty much a salad with thier chili on it and then some kind of spicy dressing and tortilla chips. I LOVE that salad so when I have the cals and have to eat out for lunch, thats typically what I go for. Even if I dont have enough for the whole salad, I'll split it between 2 days. I always order the chili on the side so I can add what I want to the salad I plan to eat without what Im not gonna eat going soggy. You are absolutely right tho... thier chili is a good option when it comes to fast food!

I also had to giggle when I saw the whopper JR. Before I started dieting I was a whopper girl almost every day when I was working!! I LOVED THEM! They arent that bad if you skip the mayo and cheese and get a single or a junior. I tried doing that and just adding a little more ketchup after about the first 2 weeks on my healthier diet and I ended up feeling crummy for about 3 days afterwards... all bloated and gross. I made up my mind to just get over the whopper fix. I still get cravings hardcore for them but I refuse to go through the after effects.. LOL If you can do it tho, more power to ya!! :happy:

Anyway..Subway is a good, cheap option also. I know its hard to pack a lunch, but if you can make healthy dinners and take leftovers... things like chili and soup are super easy to make at home and last for days. I usually make a couple kinds of soup a week. Wraps are also great! If you dont have time to pack lunch, at least grab yourself some healthy snacks so your not starving for lunch. :wink:

Burger King whoppers are absolutely addicting! I LOVE their mayonnaise but got over that real quick after I learned that theirs is the worst condiment out of all the American fast food chains! It was definately hard giving up the whoppers :grumble: LOL.

I need some soup recipes! The only soup recipe I have that I know is good is my taco soup that I got off of Weight Watchers.com. The calories are pretty low so I love making it. Anyways I would love some recipes (unless they're family secrets :tongue: )
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Zano- Sounds like your workin hard on the track!!! Keep up the great work!! Im gonna try some wogging tomorrow and see how I feel. Yoga really stretched me out today and my back was a bit sore once I was done. Just took some motrin and now I feel great.

Laci- There are alot of great recipies here on the community boards. I search those and also found a great site called sparkspeople.com that at least has the nutritional info on it for all the recipies. Theres a recipie calculator on there too so you can put in your own and see all the info. That has helped me a TON.

I put a weeks worth meals up on my blog every week with links to the recipies. Im still trying out new stuff altho Ive found my new whopper addiction replacement for lunch each day... :bigsmile: Check it out if your interested in seeing whats been helping me. Also, Ive got 3 picky teens and hubby (morgolis) is also eating this stuff... so far no complains.. nothing but rave reviews :happy:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I can't sleep! Went to the fat lady store - couldn't find anything that fit right, went to Ross and found clothes that FIT! First time I've shopped in a regular store for a LOOONNNNGGG time. Of course they're still XXL but hey, at least they fit!

I so want to get into the gym in the morning and keep it up, now that I've had a motivator... Sheesh! Am I pathetic or WHAT????
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Burger King whoppers are absolutely addicting! I LOVE their mayonnaise but got over that real quick after I learned that theirs is the worst condiment out of all the American fast food chains! It was definately hard giving up the whoppers :grumble: LOL.

I need some soup recipes! The only soup recipe I have that I know is good is my taco soup that I got off of Weight Watchers.com. The calories are pretty low so I love making it. Anyways I would love some recipes (unless they're family secrets :tongue: )

This is /was my favorite burger ever, with cheese and extra mayo of course. I thought I was going to REWARD myself when my husband took me to dinner at Kobe's, a Japanese Restaurant, but I gained 1.2 lbs and I cant shake it. I usually work out at home but I even added 45 in at the gym and It wont get lost. I'm gonna give it another day before I fast or somethin for a whole day. :laugh:
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited I can't sleep! Went to the fat lady store - couldn't find anything that fit right, went to Ross and found clothes that FIT! First time I've shopped in a regular store for a LOOONNNNGGG time. Of course they're still XXL but hey, at least they fit!

I so want to get into the gym in the morning and keep it up, now that I've had a motivator... Sheesh! Am I pathetic or WHAT????

Congratulations Adopt4.:drinker:
    My motivation is the new scale I have (usually) and the recent compliments that I am getting. Keep up the great work! We are here for you.:flowerforyou:
    P.S. I was also told to get rid of your clothes that are too small to friends or fam or whoever so you wont feel like you can gain the weight back. It has helped with MY motivation as well just to hand them off to someone BIGGER than yourself.
  • chantybear
    Options

HAHA! you beat me to it!!

I just got done with putting all the groceries away. Got to yoga this morning with adopt4, then we went shopping for clothes for her hubby, grabbed a salad at wendys and hit the grocery store. I just got everything put away, got my jello fruit salad made, sat down to log food for the day. So far so good :)

Hows your day?? :laugh: Face feelin better?
    :smile: I love yoga, I have been doing it for about 2years, it makes me feel so relaxed, my teacher is one of the sweetest ladies ever so that helps! My day was okay, kind of boring, I feel kind of like I am starting to get sick!!:grumble: It is my spring break right now, oh yay...and I need to do a lot of school work:frown: How are you today?
  • lacijae
    Options
    Good Morning everybody! Looks like I'll be doing o.k. on my diet today, I'm pretty sure I have food poisoning! I rewarded myself for losing so much weight in two weeks by going out to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a Chimichanga. That was a BIG mistake. Everybody has always warned me about those :angry: but they are so good and I figured surely they would cook everything right.

Anyways, I hope everyone else has a great week! Congratulations Adopt4!!! That is the most exciting thing about dieting, NEW CLOTHES!!!
  • adamk0324
    Options
    hello everyone i am drinking like 15 bottles of water a day i think that is awsome. i have lost another 2 lbs but my energy level seemed to drop lately and i do not like that. hope all is doing well. i am so hungery but i dont know what i want or at what to have for dinner yet any sugesstions let me know ok ill check back tonight. have fun all
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Good for you! No, no, not pathetic, just excited!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Good Morning everybody! Looks like I'll be doing o.k. on my diet today, I'm pretty sure I have food poisoning! I rewarded myself for losing so much weight in two weeks by going out to a Mexican restaurant and ordering a Chimichanga. That was a BIG mistake. Everybody has always warned me about those :angry: but they are so good and I figured surely they would cook everything right.

Anyways, I hope everyone else has a great week! Congratulations Adopt4!!! That is the most exciting thing about dieting, NEW CLOTHES!!!

Ugh, food poisoning! Hope you are feeling better, maybe next time do like Adopt4 and do clothes, they won't make you sick, ha ha! :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    hello everyone i am drinking like 15 bottles of water a day i think that is awsome. i have lost another 2 lbs but my energy level seemed to drop lately and i do not like that. hope all is doing well. i am so hungery but i dont know what i want or at what to have for dinner yet any sugesstions let me know ok ill check back tonight. have fun all

You are doing great! Make sure you are getting enough protein. I am a chicken lover. It is so versatile and it fills me up. I am going to roast a fryer tonight with whole garlic cloves, thyme, lemon, sea salt, pepper and some pine nuts. YUM! Also, sometimes we women need some iron, so maybe some spinach.
  • lacijae
    Options

Ugh, food poisoning! Hope you are feeling better, maybe next time do like Adopt4 and do clothes, they won't make you sick, ha ha! :laugh:

LOL yeah, I think buying a new pair of jeans would have been less dramatic than my chimichanga incident! I'm feeling better thank goodness but my stomach still feels weak :frown: . The worst part is I have to go to work today (I couldn't find a single person to cover me :grumble: )
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ... I am home today.. Presidents Day is one of my paid holidays.. I have gotten in my exercise for the day and just ate an early lunch late breakfast.. I tend to do that on my days off.. I can't seem to eat breakfast.. I am going to work on that..

I hope everyone is doing well and all have a great week...

Anita