Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Operation: Sexy Claus Week #11 11.28.11 CLOSED GROUP

Good Morning ladies! Ok, so I am a day late with posting a new thread...I really need a desktop and internet at home. Please make sure you are logging your weights on the spreadsheet. We have about 4 weeks left on this challenge and I would love for everyone to finish strong! We can do this ladies...keep pushing! I know we all have a lot going on but we owe this to ourselves!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE81SVEtMGVTaFFpLWJveDJJOXNWOUE6MQ

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Question of the Day:

If you were to get a tattoo today...what would you get and why?
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Hey Krys, sorry to hear about your car! :frown: :frown: :frown:

Well, I fared ok over thanksgiving. I ate really well the day of, but then splurged a little with leftovers the weekend after. The scale has not been too happy with me, although it's been REALLY inconsistent. For example, today I hopped on four times because I was super confused.
    1: 152.8
    2: 148.2
    3: 152.0
    4: 151.4
    I think I'm going to change the battery because that's really inconsistent and usually it's the same number withing 0.2 or 0.4 pounds. But that involves finding said battery, which could be an issue. I always forget to look for batteries (even if it's on my list) when I'm out shopping for things!

Anyway, QOD:
    It's actually interesting because once I get to my goal weight and I maintain for one year, I want to get a tattoo... I've been sketching my own based on examples I liked that I found, but I haven't quite figured out exactly what I want yet. It's definitely going to have a butterfly (or more). It may end up having a cancer ribbon on it... Not sure. I don't think it will have any words. If it does have words, it will just be "inspire" or "imagine".
  • Hi, all! Thanks for the motivation, Krys. We can do this!!

QOD: If I were to get a tattoo today, I would get a heart as symbol (and sometimes needed reminder) of how much I love myself. I've been considering getting another tattoo (I have 2) so I just may start looking for the type of heart I want.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Today? hmmm I want to get a frog on my Ankle - 1/ cause I am french, 2/ to remind me to hop to it!

My next tattoo however will be my last name on my right wrist in white ink in January in memory of my Grandfather.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    I am back down 2 lbs since last week, so I am happy with that. But I am still up from where I was 2 weeks ago. :grumble:

QOD: I have been thinking of getting a tattoo when I finally get to my goal weight, but I am so indecisive about what to get...cherry blossoms on my shoulder (although I think it would look amazing on my ribcage - I am a scaredy cat), a breast cancer ribbon for my grandma on my ankle, or a water lily on the back of my neck... It seems I keep choosing the most tender parts of my body. Lol.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    QOD: If you were to get a tattoo today...what would you get and why?

Haha, I've been thinking about this a lot. I think I would get a portion of my favourite quote "Success" by Emerson in some cool font/design. (http://www.gurteen.com/gurteen/gurteen.nsf/id/X0022B066/)

punkrawkcutie... HOP to it! I love it. :happy:

I can't wait to see what everyone else says on this one (although almost no one has been posting lately).
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    I will need to weigh myself tomorrow AM to see what the Thanksgiving damage was. I ate within reason, but my sodium has been through the roof lately.

As for a tattoo. I already have one (a butterfly on my right hip bone) and I think I would want to have that touched up a bit. The color has faded quite a bit since I got it over 13 years ago (man am I getting OLD :laugh: ). I don't think I'd get any new ones. The butterfly symbolized how I felt after going to college and being away from my parents for the first time. And now, after shedding this weight, and hopefully after getting rid of the rest of it, I will again have that feeling of flight and of being able to do anything I set my mind too without the self-doubt I had been feeling carrying around the extra weight.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    I keep forgetting to get on the scale... and for me it is a good thing because it used to dictate the kind of day I was going to have. Now I know that eating well and taking care of myself is really what is important. I still have a way to go to get to my goal, but at day at a time.
    QOD: I have always wanted a tattoo, but have never acted on it. I have often thought of getting a ladybug (for my son)or chinese character for love or family (for my daughter). I wouldn't know where to put them, maybe on my ankle or somewhere on my foot. I said I was going to get it done for when I turned 40... but I am 44 now! So maybe when I get to my goal weight.
  • Welp I weighed myself this morning and boy was it not pretty ....... but I knew it was going to say that. Protein shake for dinner tonight with a small salad.

Tattoo ... I LOVE TATTOOS .... I really want 2 butterflies a monarch and a yellow painted flying over a tiger lilly it represents my grandparents and my favorite flower. :)
  • Krys_T
    I totally forgot to answer my own question....I want to get a tattoo that says "Fearless" on my wrist. I am actually hoping to get it on my birthday. I just feel like right now in my life..that is the way I need to live it....fearlessly! So I want that reminder everyday!
  • Krys_T
    Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning thus far, for those of us that are already up!

Question of the Day: What workouts do we have planned for the day?
  • Krys_T
    I am finally going to do it! I am going to get my workout on today! I am going to do my Zumba DVD for the rest of this week and then I am going to start Turbo Fire on Monday! I can do this! I WILL do this!
  • Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning thus far, for those of us that are already up!

I will not have time for a workout tonight but I am planing on either zumba or treadmil tmr :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Missed you laides so much....

My big event was Monday so things should go back to normal soon...
    As for my weight I'm still hovering between 178 - 180 lbs so no more weight gain which is good

QOD: I hate needles so the thought of a tattoo is very scary but I always wanted either a butterfly or a rose...not sure where though...maybe wherever hurts less
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    QOD: I am back and going to get my workout on!! 30 DS!! I made my schedule up until Cmas (not 30 days), but I am going to double up my workouts on the weekend, so that I can finish up on Christmas eve and then take a few days off around Christmas.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Today my work out will be P90X Plyo.
    Thurs: Group exercise during lunch hour at work
    Friday: P90X something!
    Saturday: day off
    Sunday: undecided!
  • Krys_T
    I would just like to thank you ladies that are still continuing to check in on the board each day. I really appreciate the participation. The challenge always dwindles towards the last weeks, but that is to be expected, I am just glad you all are still here :) XOXO
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    No workout for me today. Spent the night in the hospital, had a huge presentation today in class, and just feel utterly exhausted. The scale is showing a small gain, but this week has been hell. I've been good with my eating, so I don't know what's going on, just stress I guess!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Question of the Day:

If you were to get a tattoo today...what would you get and why?

Oooh! Love this question! A celtic cross for sure - there is a stone/carving of a cross on the outside of a church near the Staten Island Ferry that is exactly the design I would want.

The why? I'm super Irish, I have a very strong faith, the old historical significance of the knots & designs.... plus I've been working on a book that has lots of ties back to Ireland.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Good Morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful morning thus far, for those of us that are already up!

So funny that this is today's question! I got out a December Calendar today & planned out workouts for the rest of the month. On tap for today is elliptical/treadmill/rowing machine, a few laps on the indoor track & some leg presses.

And - I actually did it all!!