Anyone currently doing Insanity?

Options
13»

Replies

• Janel1978
    Janel1978 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im Here Im doing the Insanity. Im on month 2 week 1. Def. more challenging then month 1. Im really sore this week. Its been very challenging. I do love how I feel after the work outs. But I have to say while Im doing the work outs Im hating almost every minute of it. Complete torture. But I want to be in the best shape ever. Hoping to get through the whole program this time. Ive made it through month 1 2 times. Need all the support I can get!!
    When I was doing the first month I still worked out at the gym at night with my running or the elliptical. So far this week all Ive been doing is the Insanity. Maybe tommorrow on the recovery day I will go to the gym at night. Keep on going its a great workout and you will get in AWESOME shape.
    Friend me so we can support each other.
    :smile:
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    My son and I are doing a kind of hybrid. Strength training days he goes to the gym and I do p90x. Cardio days we do Insanity.

Nice! I replaced yoga, plyo and Kenpo in P90x with the main insanity workouts. I love it. Kenpo is dumb.

Try Kenpo with weighted gloves and ankle weights on ;). We gave it our all and got a good burn. Besides, sometimes it's nicer to do a not so intense but fun workout. We did this before our Insanity fit test, silly us.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi again..
    Question for y'all- anyone still continuing their usual exercise while doing insanity every day?
    Don't want to give up my 2x/week yoga and occasional zumba class. Can I do both?
    I'm not. My exercise before was just calorie burning on the elliptical. However, you could always give it a try! Yoga might be really good to do to help you with muscle soreness!

It actually is great to get all that extra stretching in! I recommend it!

I'm concentrating on Insanity but doing one reformer pilates session and one half-hour powerplate class in to balance it out with some extra toning and stretching work. It's only since I've been doing the pilates as well that I've seen real changes interestingly, and they help with Insanity and vice versa because both are concentrate on the core.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im Here Im doing the Insanity. Im on month 2 week 1. Def. more challenging then month 1. Im really sore this week. Its been very challenging. I do love how I feel after the work outs. But I have to say while Im doing the work outs Im hating almost every minute of it. Complete torture. But I want to be in the best shape ever. Hoping to get through the whole program this time. Ive made it through month 1 2 times. Need all the support I can get!!
    When I was doing the first month I still worked out at the gym at night with my running or the elliptical. So far this week all Ive been doing is the Insanity. Maybe tommorrow on the recovery day I will go to the gym at night. Keep on going its a great workout and you will get in AWESOME shape.
    Friend me so we can support each other.
    :smile:
    That's awesome! I'm so afraid of month 2, sort of glad it's a ways off for me! keep up the great work! :)
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Try Kenpo with weighted gloves and ankle weights on ;). We gave it our all and got a good burn. Besides, sometimes it's nicer to do a not so intense but fun workout. We did this before our Insanity fit test, silly us.

Not a bad idea! I found with Kenpo I'd have to run and jack my butt off in between moves to keep my heart rate up... really had to push just to try to make it a meaningful exercise... no such issues with insanity. I'm a puddle on the floor after the end of those lol.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello I am on month 1 again of insanity I absolutely love this work out. I have done about 3 rounds when i say about 3 it just means life got in the way (flood in the apartment etc etc). I also do Turbo fire and love that. Insanity by far id the toughest I have ever done but to me worth it you get an awesome calorie burn and its true you come back for more and more. I am almost dome with month 1 about another 8-10 days and am not looking forward to month 2 as I know twice as hard but I just push play and get through it as Shaun T says we're not trying to hurt you we're just trying to make you better.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey Honey just do your best that is all anyone can do I am 45 did not think I would make it pass week 1 let alone month 1.
    and if you take a day off from the schedule do not beat yorself up take that day and continue where you left off long as you are not
    taking a week off straight. make sure you fuel your body. Do you have results and recovery formula if not I recommend it it really helps me and UGH I am almost out Good luck and I will send you a friend request :drinker:
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old and in the best shape of my life because of insanity. As they say "You just have to hit play everyday". Do what you can!!!! I went from a size 12 to a size 4 in dress pants. How can you not want to see Sean T every morning? (Smiles) If I can do it you sure can.

Wow unbelievable! Thanks for sharing your amazing results.. great to have that inspiration!
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I survived the first week of month 2, hooray! Looking forward to tomorrow, I missed Shaun T... haha.