Breakfast Makes me Starving!!!

Options
Does anyone else have this problem.. I'm okay, then I eat something small for breakfast cause I feel like I should... with all the studies etc... but then I'm starving before lunch time!

Replies

• shawn_chas102304
    Options
    YES, I have the same thing!! If I don't eat in the morning, I can go till noon or 1pm without eating and feel fine. BUT if I eat breakfast at 9am, I am starving by 11:30. It's annoying to me..LOL!
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yeah right there with ya!
  • patbelford
    patbelford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Plan some snacks for mid morning and mid afternoon. It helps to have small amounts of food during the day. Delmonte has pear or pear slices packed in water. Each serving is 50-60 cals each. Baby carrots are good too.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Ditto!

If I eat breakfast like "they" say I should, within 30 minutes of waking, I am hungry by 10am. If I don't eat breakfast at all, I might be hungry at 10am. I have compromised, though by eating around 9 which is almost 4 hours after I wake up and I can make it through my noon run/walk and then eat lunch around 3. I think we just have to listen to our bodies and eat accordingly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have this problem.. I'm okay, then I eat something small for breakfast cause I feel like I should... with all the studies etc... but then I'm starving before lunch time!

Yes, I do. That's why i generally don't eat breakfast.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yep...its because eating gets your body working (digesting food, etc), and that uses energy, that your body then wants you to replace.
  • LondonerLoser
    Options
    yess!! it's so annoying!!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Pretty sure it's because eating has cranked up your metabolism (which is the reason to eat breakfast in the first place). Maybe you could try arranging your calories for the day so that you can eat something small in the morning and then another little snack at mid-morning, so you don't feel like you have to go hours every day being hungry.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yup, but I don't feel as hungry at night! I usually eat 50% of my calories before 12 or 1.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Please provide said studies
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Yes, my solution...eat something larger at breakfast. I used to have an apple or a piece of whole wheat toast. And sometimes I still do, but I add protein in there. Nuts or peanut butter. Or I'll have oatmeal with protein powder or eggs. The trick seems to be getting a good dose of protein in there so it stays with you longer.
  • sra_sal
    Options
    It's ok (and even healthier for you) to have a mid-morning snack. You're starving because you've revved up your metabolism by having breakfast...good job! Find a healthy snack to have between breakfast and lunch. And consider something with lots of protein, since protein helps your "full" feeling stick longer. (might consider that for your breakfast too). :-)
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Me too! But I eat a small snack around 11 or so and that will tide me over until lunch.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    if you are eating carbs for breakfast without substantial protein, your body is sending out an insulin response. Then when the sugars are gone, you are hungry again. Eat greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, etc. with your carbs. Something that doesn't convert readily to sugar.
  • mailroommary
    Options
    I have to generally eat protein and low carbs - unless it's a high fiber item. If I eat toast or something similar I am more hungry after than if I hadn't eaten at all.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a cup of tea or coffee when I wake up and wait until I feel hungry before I eat anything. Don't worry about studies, those are changing all the time, just pay attention to what your body wants and needs.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my mom the exact same thing this morning! In fact, it's 10:45 here, and my stomach has been growling for the last 15 minutes...
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I actually try to eat twice for breakfast... The first is usally a protein shake of sorts (i mix it with my coffee)... The second is usually a fiber/cereal bar.

I get hungry often so I break meals up and eat about 6x a day.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, If I eat breakfast, then I'm starving within a hour or two . When I don't eat anything, I can go until 2:00p.m. or so, without any problem. I also seem to gain 10 lbs or so, when I start eating breakfast. So I only drink an ounce or two of milk with my medicine, then an early lunch around 11:00.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Me too, and it the biggest challenge for me to overcome in terms of healthy eating.

I've heard this referred to as "feeding the fire"....the "fire" being your metabolism. If you don't feed the fire it just smolders but if you feed it the right amount at the right times it burns bright. Of course this is just a theory but it does make sense to some degree.