Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    my buddy was into kickboxing, so while i was home from university one summer i decided to give it a try, i went for a few weeks and did drills and hit the heavy bag and mits for a while, then one day he said i was ready to spar someone. he tossed a headgear at me and told me to get in the ring, he also warned me to be careful. then in strode this girl, she had been training with him for 3 years, she was half my size. we went 3 rounds, and im pretty sure i landed at least one good shot but all in all she beat the crap out of me, punches hit me from every angle, i could barely cover up because if her fist wasnt in my face it was punishing my kidneys,

she was ruthless........I was in love......
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Band camp.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    His brother met my brother online and they became good friends. One day he tagged along with his brother and came over to my parents house. I was there dropping off my ex bf's things for him to come get so I wouldn't have to deal with him.

I never knew he existed until he walked through the door. He immediately caught my eye (and heart!) and hasn't let it go! We met in 2000, married in 2002 and our son came along in 2006. Planning our 10th anniversary with a Vow Renewal on the beach in Gulf Shores this March!!! =D
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    my first day at work...haha, oops :)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    a bar. i know, i know...

Me too!!! AND i took him home that night, lmao. We've been together for over 6 years and almost to our 4 year anniversary. Even though there are days where i would like to choke him.... i can't imagine my life with out him.

Oh, i didnt even get a chance to take mine home....he fell asleep on the bar....i love me some classy men...
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    At work. He had come in and dealt with my then-boss. I thought he was HOT but didn't think he'd give me the time of day. But he did:blushing:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft.
    Yes, we are nerds. It's ok though, we are happy.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    A study party at Arbys for high school LOL lame >_> About to be four years since the end of this January!
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @ an MMA fight, I was invited to see the fight at the gym and he was one of the competitors.:heart::love:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    eHarmony in 2003. We met for lunch in NYC and the date never ended. He took me home at 4 am. Then came back for a late lunch. We were made for each other. It was awesome. We now have 4 kids, 1 that is mine from my first marriage, 1 his from his first and 2 that are ours together. We are very happy... most days.
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    my buddy was into kickboxing, so while i was home from university one summer i decided to give it a try, i went for a few weeks and did drills and hit the heavy bag and mits for a while, then one day he said i was ready to spar someone. he tossed a headgear at me and told me to get in the ring, he also warned me to be careful. then in strode this girl, she had been training with him for 3 years, she was half my size. we went 3 rounds, and im pretty sure i landed at least one good shot but all in all she beat the crap out of me, punches hit me from every angle, i could barely cover up because if her fist wasnt in my face it was punishing my kidneys,

she was ruthless........I was in love......

Haha love it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    in the waiting room at Discount Tire - after I hit a giant piece of tailpipe on the highway in rush hour :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Adjoining cells.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    She was an inmate, I was a prison officer......and the rest was history.....
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    At a bar on Valentine's Day.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    At work. He was the lead installer and I was the bookkeeper. Now he owns the company and my heart. :love:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Adjoining cells.

It wasn't at www.russianbrides.com?
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....grade 2..LOL... Long story but only got together after high school while working in a local hotel. We got together 24 yrs ago today!
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I actually met mine on the internet! On a dating website!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time....waaaay back in the day I used to read the ads posted on Craigslist whlie I was drinking w/ my girlfriend (on the phone).

We would laugh about the crazy descriptive "Casual Encounters" or the "Missed Connections". There are some jewels on there!

One night, I read an ad that said "Are there any good women left" - I responded with "You must be looking in the wrong places" and it was all downhill from there. LOL

I wasn't seriously looking for someone to meet, and neither was he. He had a few beers w/ his dad earlier that evening and decided to post something sarcastic to see if he got any hits. I was the only one who responded.

That was Aug 2007, moved in together in April '08, bought a house in 2009, kids loved him and it's been cool beans ever since!!