Where did you meet your special someone?

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I met my special someone in a very special bar room, we had very special sex and have been together for a very special 28 years.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Denny's! He is the smartest person I have ever had the privilege of meeting and one of the kindest hearts too! Doesn't hurt he's sexy! Ha! We just got married in October and have been together, what will have been five years this summer.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    mutual friends on Facebook
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I dont have one
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Health class freshman year of high school!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Grocery store parking lot.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    He was checking me out at Stater Brothers...literally he was my checker and asked me to a concert while ringing up my groceries!
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    On a street corner in the red light district.

Seriously!!!!!

Well ok Semi-seriously.

I saw her 3 rows back 2 seats to the left in the lecture theatre at Uni.

We both ended up on the debating society (Not through choice). I told a friend I had seen the girl I was going to marry.

15 weeks later I had not made my move and me and my mate were cruising round Bournemouth. Cutting through the red light district heading home and she was stood on the corner waiting to cross the road.

I stopped to offer her a lift home and was told to not tell anyone at UNI she was the pissed. I asked her what it was worth and we are still kissing and cuddling 16 years later.

We have been married for 10 years last September having got married in Las Vegas and have 4 year old twin girls :)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We worked at the same hotel for a year and a half and never met until a group of co-workers met up at a bar one night. Hung out with that same group of friends once more before he asked me on a date...been together ever since. 8 years, 4 married.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    In high school - he was the teacher's assistant for my all-girl choir class in 10th grade. We've been together for almost 12 years now and married for over 6 :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    At church camp. :happy:
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    At a bar/club that was popular with people from our uni. Very, very drunk. Still managed to give him the right phone number. Four years later we're living together and I'm very happy.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I met my special someone in a very special bar room, we had very special sex and have been together for a very special 28 years.

Winning
  • fatty2fit88
    fatty2fit88 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    met him 1st yr at medical school. hooked up at a party, then he asked me out the following weekend, 2 days later he asked me to be his 'girlfriend'...never looked back
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Match.com. Met in April, married in July. And still thrilled about it!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    At a highschool dance, we will be married thirty years in May and we are still best friends
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, we could have met several times since we were at the same place at the same time- but fate didn't bash us together then. Officially we met at a karaoke bar 13 years ago. We were friends for about a year before we started dating and there was never any doubt after that. He's my best friend, and filled every single hole and need. He's exactly what I need at any given moment. Still very happily married and in love 12 years and 4 kids later. :)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Through a mutual friend in college, while playing video games (of course!). We met before that, but only I remember it, so it’s supposedly not official. Anyway, it was right after the Nintendo DS came out, and our mutual friend got one and knew we would both be the most interested of his friends so he invited us both over to his dorm room to see it.

We have been together for almost 7 years now. :heart:
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Online. I found the year, make, model, color, everything I was looking for. That was 4 years ago and we're doing awesome! :)

Me too. We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We've been together almost 5 years in total.
    thank you match.com. :)
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend at the time introduced me to Tom in 1991...they had been friends since they were around 5 years old. Not anymore...Tom & I have been married since 2005.