People are so mean :(

Options
I was looking at TMZ (because I'm super bored at work) and a comparison of both Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson in bandage dresses appeared. The comments are just awful. People telling them to "step away from the table" and calling them "fat cows". Granted the dress on Xtina may not look that flattering, she's still way thinner than the average American woman! I'm about the size of Kelly right now, I would say.. and just wondering, does that really make me a fat cow?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/28/christina-aguilera-vs-kelly-clarkson-the-bandage-dress-battle/#comments-anchor

Edit -- I was called fat recently by some girls I know. I know I should just ignore it all but it still hurts!

edit -- Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I know it's stupid to read comments online, but sometimes they're funny. I was just curious.

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Honestly they look pretty normal sized. If I ran into them I wouldn't think them fat.
    Kelly looks better, but her dress fits better.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Obviously not, the internet is full of wankers. Ignore them.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    People are jealous. How much do you want to bet that half those people are fat *kitten* themselves?
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I think kelly looks hot actually... thats a very unflattering pic of christina though..
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I was looking at TMZ (because I'm super bored at work) and a comparison of both Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson in bandage dresses appeared. The comments are just awful. People telling them to "step away from the table" and calling them "fat cows". Granted the dress on Xtina may not look that flattering, she's still way thinner than the average American woman! I'm about the size of Kelly right now, I would say.. and just wondering, does that really make me a fat cow?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/28/christina-aguilera-vs-kelly-clarkson-the-bandage-dress-battle/#comments-anchor

I never, ever read comments on articles nowadays. Full of racist, misogynist, cissexist, classist, albeist bullcrap. Really the -ist list goes on.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It makes you normal. Let's face it, most of pictures we see of "ideal" people - both male and female - are airbrushed. I've heard that many models don't even recognize themselves in layouts. Go for real, and as InstantSunshine says, ignore the wankers.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't make you close to a fat cow. People are dumb, ignore them. They both just look like regular women, but I liked the dress on Kelly better :)
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Mire's gon' mire hater's gon' hate jelly always gon' be jelly! dont let it stop you from what you want! "^.~" <3
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    they look fine. if christina's dress fit better and had less cleavage i'm sure they would've both looked better than what i would have looked if i wore those! people are so used to seeing thin models and aren't used to seeing average women on TV so that's probably why they made mean comments! don't let it get to you.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    no. they are not fat cows and neither are you. People are jealous of their success, money and fame and they become bitter about it. So they hate on them and talk bad about them any way they can.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Kelly looks amazing.....
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually think Kelly looks really good! People are crazy and expect everyone to be 100 lbs. Some curves look good!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the people who are making those comments are 3 and 4 times the size of them or any other celeb....does that make you a fat cow....uh NO that makes them IDIOTS!!!! Kelly Clarkson is a normal sized woman for goodness sakes!!!!! URGH that kind of stuff just roasts my chestnuts!!!! IGNORE those whankers (I don't know what that means, but I saw some else use that word and I liked it!!!)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Why compare yourself to Kelly Clarkson and then try to internalize the comments of people who've never even seen you (and whose comments are directed at Kelly)? Do yourself a favor and don't look at things that make you feel poorly about yourself.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    People shouldn't be mean to you, EVER, but Christina A is marginally talented at best and wouldn't be famous if she wasn't previuosly exceptiional looking.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: IDC how Skinny a person is, wearing horizontal lines is NOT flattering. I'd kill to look like Xtina right now, so if you're looking like Kelly then I give you mad props!

I'd be HELLA proud at either of those girls' weight, but still keep My muscle mass, cause I've worked 80 lbs off to get where I am. :-D!

Stop comparing yourself to other people, LOVE where you're at, and appreciate where you've been.

Thanks for sharing!

SLB
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Jealousy and anonymity on the internet makes people say stupid things. If they met either of them in person, they'd probably be too star-struck to speak.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Those two used to be a lot skinnier. So in comparision to before, they're a bit fatter.

Had nobody seen or known them before, they'd be average.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    They both are normal weights, attractive, and successful. But the dresses are not flattering. They could have chosen dresses that would look much nicer on them.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Some people will always say hurtful things whether they know it will hurt you or not. I just try to be more conscience of not saying anything hurtful myself especially when it's not helpful in any way to anyone, because I know how it feels. "Try" being the operative word here. I know I'm sometimes less than proud of some of the things I say out of frustration or just being way emotional and or being just plain down myself. Not an excuse. Just sayin'.