Why do you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    To regain my health - no more daily meds
    To shop in any store I want
    show practice what I preach to my son. "Got to make good choices" "Got to take care of yourself"
    To look hot :devil:

and finally.... To look hot...yep, I like that one.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so that I feel better about myself. I want to feel confident and comfortable in my own body.
    I want to be called a MILF. Yeah its degrading sometimes with labels and sexual ratings like that, but I want my husband to be able to say "that is MY sexy wife" and feel like I deserve to be called sexy.
    Secretly I want to be the littlest sister. I'm the oldest and was always the chunky fat sister. I will be the skinny thin sister!

I want my children to grow up knowing that exercise and good nutrition is vital and key to a healthy life. I will NOT be an embarassment to my children any longer!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Because the food I eat is basically the only thing I have total control over in life.

I too used to think this way. It was a dark, scary time. I hope things get better for you.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Confidence, and being able to wear whatever I want and look good in it!
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    1. to show myself a healthier way of living
    2 to be here longer for my kids
    3. my daughter called me fat (she is almost 2)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I was going to post my reasons...then started reading and almost cried

You poor beautiful girl, I hope you are not for real...cus that breaks my heart
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Because the food I eat is basically the only thing I have total control over in life.
    I too used to think this way. It was a dark, scary time. I hope things get better for you.

You have control of your health...mind..and the ability to make a difference in someone else

I hope you find your way out of the dark
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I hated feeling stomach rolls under my seat belt in the car.

I hated shopping.

I hated my fat face in pictures.

I hated pictures of myself in general, really.

I hated seeing people from high school because they knew me when I was fit, and were probably like, "Wow. What happened to her?"

I basically hated myself.

Glad I don't totally dislike myself anymore...I enjoy the path I am taking towards a long, happy, healthy life.
    :heart:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

You have control of your health...mind..and the ability to make a difference in someone else

I hope you find your way out of the dark

oh no no no no no. I am no longer there. I USED to be, so I know the signs, but have thankfully made my way out of that dark place. I can only hope others will, too.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I've been using my weight as a buffer to protect me from the world and I'm done with that nonsense now.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    simple enough: I want to see my kids get old.
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    1. To lose as much weight as possible before my breast reduction surgery.
    2. To be comfortable in my own body.
    3. To be able to wear smaller clothing sizes.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Because looking good is the best revenge...
  • branflake5
    Options
    - I want to be confident again
    - I want to feel pretty
    - I used to LOVE pictures, now I only like them if I am not in them
    - I want to look good naked again:)
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I want to look better, and feel better. and I have to agree with epona_mus, haha.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    originally because of health problems which began to arise (at 118-124 pounds). ^-^

when i got down to my original 105 pound weight, realized i wanted to improve my body further for aesthetic reasons~which is why im still here. ^o^y

oh and obviously im a legal midget which is why 118 lbs causes health problems for me haha :P
  • VinVenture
    Options
    - To feel more feminine. I'm a huge nerd and always just been one of the guys. (seriously, I'm majoring in building and programming robots at a top-notch university, I have three game consoles and I read incredibly fast)
    - I want to be fit to cosplay my favourite female characters
    - I love Japanese fashion, which sadly is very petite, therefore I too must become petite.
    - In-your-face to the family who's settled in on they/I will never get fit, it's not in our genetics.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    - I love Japanese fashion, which sadly is very petite, therefore I too must become petite.

this too. most fashionable japanese girls and guys (from my observation) are underweight. ^^
  • VinVenture
    Options

this too. most fashionable japanese girls and guys (from my observation) are underweight. ^^

I have no qualms with using a Japanese size large, which should fit me when I reach my ideal skinnyness. At least I'll get to buy it in shops. Also, asians in general have smaller frames than us westeners, biologically speaking. Oh, and models are most of the time underweight to begin with ^^;
  • mirandakarla1
    Options
    Im 19 and out of shape.
    I have no energy.
    Im type 2 diabetic.
    I sleep 10-12 hours a day.
    There are no stylish clothes in my size.
    Love sports but cant play them.
    My family wont leave me alone about my size.

Ive started Insanity on monday and Im trying to eat healthier :)