• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    December goal--61/70

I just might make it, after all!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Pmjsmom! I fell off the wagon this month - guessing I'm at 30 miles (goal 40).

Last night I did AHA 2 Mile Walk. Monday I did Walk It Out (Wii) for an hour ..... new toy ..... I think I'm going to like it.
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So - How much weight have any of you lost working out with Leslie?
    do you 'use' anyone else? or substitute or use in addition to ... say walking outside
    (IF you have nice weather to do such a thing) LOL -
    I am curious - I got 'serious' w/Leslie this month and of her Dec challenge i have 72 miles in
    (still have tomorrow and saturday) - i have her pilates 3 mile workout and
    5 really big miles w/toning belt - which are your favorites?
    THANKS!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--64/70
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    So - How much weight have any of you lost working out with Leslie?
    do you 'use' anyone else? or substitute or use in addition to ... say walking outside
    (IF you have nice weather to do such a thing) LOL -
    I am curious - I got 'serious' w/Leslie this month and of her Dec challenge i have 72 miles in
    (still have tomorrow and saturday) - i have her pilates 3 mile workout and
    5 really big miles w/toning belt - which are your favorites?
    THANKS!

Hi, musky4! Originally I lost 80 pounds with Leslie's workouts and eating right. I let life get away from me, though and put 30 of those back on. I am now working on that 30 plus the approximately 30 pounds I still had to lose.

I also walk outside whenever possible and I use a couple of other walking and/or lower impact workouts (I have a bad knee and a wonky ankle).

I really like her AHA 2 mile because I like the stretches she does at the end of it. I have a bunch of her videos and also like her 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk and (for days when I need an emotional lift) her 1 Mile Walk with the California Raisin (available here: http://www.calraisins.org/healthy-lifestyle/smart-steps-for-good-health/ --you'll have to copy-and-paste it).
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    December goal--68/70
    2 miles to goal! I just might make it!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi there Ladies!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS To EVERYONE!!! :drinker:

Jenny.... If your still around.... How are you? How's your husband doing? I seen something mentioned some months back on the thread that there was an accident. I hope all is well today.

Maria..... I miss you also, hows your framing buisness? I hope to see you back with SWAT

I've missed you all.... And yes I need to come back :wink:

I had lost all my weight & just recently gained 10 of it back, So I need to get serious once again by eating right & WALKING daily
    So hopefully Kathy you will keep the thread going for Janurary

I'm excited, Whoo Hooo!!!!! We can get this weight off, 2012 YES!!!!!! Is the Year we take our lives back!!!!!! :drinker:
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresa and all of you who knew me this past year. I bowed out when my husband had a bad accident. Sitting vigil in the hospital and care facility, talking to doctors, etc. took all my energy and time. I just recently have become re-motivated to exercise again and continue my journey to better health. If there is going to be a January thread I will be there right along with all of you!

Happy New Year!:drinker:

Jenny
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    To be honest, I wasn't going to continue in this group. Mostly because I have been very depressed lately and I have let all my healthy habits fall by the wayside--EXCEPT for regular walking! So I reconsidered and am starting a new thread for January.

You will find it here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/432035-swat-january-walk-with-leslie-sansone-workouts

Here's hoping for a happier, healthier 2012!
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to join my friend Jenny in walking away the pounds with this group! Last year, January through April was the best time to focus on my health goals...so I am ready to go!!