Sarcastic Mood...

Options
"So I am eating 1200 calories and I have a hard time reaching that goal. Please help me in reaching my goal I just can't eat that much"

These posts annoy me...We all became overweight because we OVER ATE AND HAD way too many calories. Obviously more then 1200. So why do I keep seeing these posts? Annoying.

Replies

• chcwgrl
    chcwgrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We all failed Math? ;-)
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good answer! we probably did
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Very annoying.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Yeah it gets annoying.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Lol I know this is going to offend some xD

I think that it is more of a mental block. I could easily put away 3,000 calories a day
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I suspect that the reason these posts appear is because once a person switches from fattening food to healthy food, they find they can eat a greater amount of healthy food for the same calories what they once ate cost them.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I suspect that the reason these posts appear is because once a person switches from fattening food to healthy food, they find they can eat a greater amount of healthy food for the same calories what they once ate cost them.

I fully agree with this.
  • Victoriav99
    Options
    Lol I know this is going to offend some xD

I think that it is more of a mental block. I could easily put away 3,000 calories a day

I agree...If I didn't count I would be putting away a lot too~!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    lol trouble eating 1200 cals :P have a weightgainer 1010cals!!!! n eat couple almonds!

even though its dumb and annoying at the same time i kind of understand what their saying.. the ppl usually that say that have some kind of eating disorter and have a mental block that they simply cant eat food because it makes them feel fat right away or some crap like that lol

at end of the day yes its still dumb but i also understand what ppl r trying to say n they do need to suck it up n deal with their issiues..
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Agreed - its annoying and some of them border on insult to those of us who are chipping away and doing it the right way.

My favourite though - I have to lose at least 40 pounds before my office Christmas party in 3 weeks... Please - how can I do this?!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Healthy food doesn't have to be low calorie though. Adding in 2 servings of nuts can be 300 calories. Eating doesn't seem too hard to me.

I enjoy venting :]
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Yes, but they must realise they are setting themselves up for failure if they cut everything out and take all the fun from it?!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

This^ and some can be people that have issues with eating.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    maybeeeee maybeeee they are trying to eat 1200 calories at every meal??!!!???
    wouldn't that be sumpthin?
  • Victoriav99
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and yes sometimes can get full if I have plenty of PROTEIN and stay at 1200, but that is not an everyday thing. It's rare, but as soon as I have cravings I go to bed. Now my body is getting used to it.
  • Victoriav99
    Options

lol I highly doubt that...but its a thought
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and yes sometimes can get full if I have plenty of PROTEIN and stay at 1200, but that is not an everyday thing. It's rare, but as soon as I have cravings I go to bed. Now my body is getting used to it.

125lbs r u like 4'11 or somethign lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

Not the case in these instances.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Agreed - its annoying and some of them border on insult to those of us who are chipping away and doing it the right way.

My favourite though - I have to lose at least 40 pounds before my office Christmas party in 3 weeks... Please - how can I do this?!

Yikes! I hope that's not a direct quote.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    If it's a psych problem with eating the 1200 then fine but I think they need to realize that is what it is and rephrase their question.

If it's because they've switched to healthy food then that's great but there are still high calorie food groups that need fitting into a balanced diet.

Either way I sympathize with them but agree that asking a question like that in a weight loss forum is insensitive and will only lead to upside down smiles lol