Sarcastic Mood...

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and yes sometimes can get full if I have plenty of PROTEIN and stay at 1200, but that is not an everyday thing. It's rare, but as soon as I have cravings I go to bed. Now my body is getting used to it.

125lbs r u like 4'11 or somethign lol

I am about 120 and 5ft3 xD
    I don't think I am ever "full" always want MOAR :]
    Good thing I have some control or i'd be about 400lbs by now >.<
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that if it was that hard, people would not have gained in the first place....I think if someone is serious about making a sustained change, they would see that it is not hard to hit 1200 or more.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Agreed - its annoying and some of them border on insult to those of us who are chipping away and doing it the right way.

My favourite though - I have to lose at least 40 pounds before my office Christmas party in 3 weeks... Please - how can I do this?!

Hey, that would be nice. Any advice anyone? I'd love some of them tiny *kitten* jeans that are always on clearance because hardly anyone can actually wear them! Can you make that happen???? :laugh:
    Options
    I totally agree that if it was that hard, people would not have gained in the first place....I think if someone is serious about making a sustained change, they would see that it is not hard to hit 1200 or more.

Many think that they need to eat as little as possible to lose weight. I think they are just scared to eat more. Many are scared of fat too!
    It always confuses me when i see these posts because the answer is pretty obvious xD
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Maybe it is because they are scared to eat too much. I think some people's minds react differently to dieting. For some people calories = weight gain. They don't want to be fat anymore, they want to lose the weight so they are afraid of eating more than 1200 calories. It can be a pretty warped mindset. Some people think the less calories they eat, the better. Even if they can logically think/read/know that less than 1200 is not healthy, it's not an easy thing to over come.

I think instead of being annoyed by these people you should try and support them. They are struggling with things too.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    How to lose 40 pounds in three weeks:
    1. Lay down a tarp.
    2 sharpen a saw...
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1. Lay down a tarp.
    2 sharpen a saw...

lmfao!!!! ooooooooor starve.. tredmill 4-5 hours a day... laxatives 4-5 times a day... if ur alive after 3 weeks might drop 40?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    1. Lay down a tarp.
    2 sharpen a saw...

lmfao!!!! ooooooooor starve.. tredmill 4-5 hours a day... laxatives 4-5 times a day... if ur alive after 3 weeks might drop 40?
    If you told some people the human head weighs 8 pounds, they might actually consider it...
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Why do I keep seeing posts about these posts? -_-

Sometimes it's hard to get up to 1200 if you've cut out junk food and pop. I have days where i don't eat 1200. You can have a bunch of small meals with choices that happen to be low-calorie, and just not hit that 1200 mark. How is that difficult to understand? People can have a history of eating too many calories and still have trouble eating all of their calories in the present. Habits change. That's why we're here. Some people just have a harder time finding a good balance.

No need to complain about other people wanting help finding that balance. Seriously.
  • laylina
    Options
    1200 can be hard if your trying to eat clean with lean proteins and vegetables . that's alot of veggies!!! thank goodness for almonds!! and my Oreos.......:tongue:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    1200 can be hard if your trying to eat clean with lean proteins and vegetables . that's alot of veggies!!! thank goodness for almonds!! and my Oreos.......:tongue:

Sorry I still don't see it as hard. When there's a will there's a way. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to your veggies. Eat some cheese. Eat 1/4 cup of cashews. It's not hard.
    Options

Sorry I still don't see it as hard. When there's a will there's a way. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to your veggies. Eat some cheese. Eat 1/4 cup of cashews. It's not hard.

You are awesome. We think the exact same!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1. Lay down a tarp.
    2 sharpen a saw...

If you told some people the human head weighs 8 pounds, they might actually consider it...

hahhahaha
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Not everyone gets fat by eating too much: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's really not difficult...maybe those people should give me their extra calories? I've got a lot of beer and pizza i'd looove to eat :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i like those who say "you really shouldn't eat chocolate or have a free meal every week, not to mention free day. Chocolate is so bad for you, it doesn't provide any vitamins, it has no nutrients, one snickers bar packs...blah blah..."
    HELLO, did you gain weight by eating broccoli? They all act like nutritionists... And still being fat!
    You can see many skinny people who still eat chocolate and cakes, the point is not to obsess so much...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Are we all assuming here that everyone on MFP is trying to lose weight? Maybe the people who post that are trying to gain weight, have eating disorders, and are doing the best they can to eat that much. As much as "cutting down" your calories to 1200 can be difficult for those trying to lose, the same can be said for those trying to eat more and gain weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    On one hand, I agree and think, "I know I certainly didn't get overweight eating under 1200."

But on the other hand, there are people who've completely trashed their metabolism. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

But even then, eating less isn't the solution to the problem.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    They aren't logging correctly.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 125lbs and yes sometimes can get full if I have plenty of PROTEIN and stay at 1200, but that is not an everyday thing. It's rare, but as soon as I have cravings I go to bed. Now my body is getting used to it.

125lbs r u like 4'11 or somethign lol

I am about 120 and 5ft3 xD
    I don't think I am ever "full" always want MOAR :]
    Good thing I have some control or i'd be about 400lbs by now >.<

I'm 5'3 and a half. Every bit counts. Why would you think i'm 4"11. Thats a random height to throw out there and guess.