• justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this!!!! (=
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this!!!! (=

Just join right in! Go to BodyRock.tv and check out the weekly schedule. Our main focus is to motivate each other to BodyRock 6 days per week with a little added challenge (This week its jump roping 5-10 mins after your workout)

JOIN! Trust me it wlll be worth it!
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I just completed the "mission abs" workout! Ouch! LOL, here are my scores:
    SANDBAG SQUAT 21, 17, 18, 15
    KNEE RAISES 21, 18, 17, 16
    ANKLES CROSSED PUSH UP 19, 16, 16, 20
    ONE LEG LIFT TOE TOUCH 22, 21, 21, 31
    FLYING JUMP LUNGE 25, 21, 22, 19
    I also did 30 minutes cardio.

I have a suggesstion, maybe we could make a google doc to keep track of all our scores. Everyone can go in and add all their scores on there when they have completed a workout. This way it will be on a spreadsheet, what do you guys think?

Good luck everyone, I hope you guys all have a WONDERFUL weekend!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Just finished Mission Abs and I'm dripping with sweat.

squat with 20lbs: 27,17, 19, 18
    knee raises: 24, 20, 22, 17
    ankles x-ed push-ups 11, 12, 9, 8
    1 leg toe touch: 22, 28, 19, 18
    flying jump lunge: 24, 22, 20, 13

Holy *kitten*, that felt good. I'm now going to to do 4 mins of tabata with high knees then 5-10 mins jumprope ( I suck, but I'm practicing)

Ever since starting to BodyRock occationally since August, I've never done it 3 days in a row! I can't wait for rest day tomorrow. I'm going to go to spinning and yoga and CHILL out and get ready to rock next week!
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did the Mission Abs yesterday too and then 5 minutes of fast high knees skipping, felt great but my legs feel like jello today, love the good pain!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    AS you can see, I failed this weekend, I have finals this week and have been studying my butt off, Sorry for the letdown guys....:cry:
    But just checking to see whats the schedule for this week?? I checked the website but didnt see anything posted for this week, so are we on our own or should we all follow the same schedule as each other?? I'll be waiting to hear :flowerforyou:
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    and.....EXCELLENT job rocking it out this weekend yall!!!! *high 5's!!!!*
  • ltosoni
    Options
    I'm going to attempt the 1000 rep challenge, its my day off with no kids at home to might as well, have a great day everyone!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Hmm...I wonder if they'll be posting it this week? I'll make a temporary one for now.

Monday: ( I like your ambition Itsoni) 1000 rep challenge --If your a total beginner try to only do 3 rounds or more...let us know what you did and how you feel about it. Just ask yourself, are you pushing yourself for the MAX? Its the only way you will get results.
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/11/28/it-will-rain-sweat-1000-rep-workout/

Tuesday: Booty Fat Melt Down http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/24/butt-fat-melt-down/

Wednesday: If you Really Want More http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/18/if-you-really-want-more-workout-beat-your-personal-best/

Thursday: Sexy Supreme http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/10/19/sexy-supremacy-workout-2/

Friday:Shake it! 250 Rep Challenge http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/11/01/shake-it-250-rep-workout-with-bodyrocker-jess/

Saturday: Wicked Things workout (This is one of my personal favorites I come back to)
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/09/19/wicked-things-workout/

Sunday: Active Rest Day...you better at least stretch after this!

ADDED CHALLENGE...add 4 mins of Tabata after your workout. If you're unaware of what tabata is it is 4 minutes of INTENSE cardio intervals with alternating 10 second rest periods and 20 second work. There have been studies proven that these workouts (when exerting MAX effort are AS EFFECTIVE as 30+mins of cardio (Look it up if you don't believe me :tongue: ).
    So PUSH IT!

Here's some exercises you can do with tabata:
    Jumping Jacks
    High Knees
    Burpees
    Step-Ups on a stair
    Mountain Climbers
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I wanted to make another comment about the equipment used in these videos. I personally do not own a single thing they use. I improvise.

Interval Timer: If you can download apps on your phone there are tons of free HIIT timers or tabata timers you can adjust the intervals. Otherwise, if you watch, oven, microwave, with a timer, they all work.

Dip Station: I use two chairs that equal in high back to back about a foot and a half apart. Put them on a yoga mat or carpet so they don't slide apart. For reverse push-ups I just put a broom stick across.

Sandbag: We have a few dumbells at my house that I usually substitute for this. Be creative. What do you have around the house that's kinda heavy? I squatted holding my 20 lb puppy the other day.

Remember, if you're a beginner, really REALLY pay attention to your form over max reps. This is SO important. You could hurt yourself.

Thanks again everyone for joining in this challenge. You are so motivating!!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    AS you can see, I failed this weekend, I have finals this week and have been studying my butt off, Sorry for the letdown guys....:cry:
    But just checking to see whats the schedule for this week?? I checked the website but didnt see anything posted for this week, so are we on our own or should we all follow the same schedule as each other?? I'll be waiting to hear :flowerforyou:

Hey! I'm just glad to see you're back! For those really busy days sometimes I just set the timer for 10mins and alternate 2 or three exersices like 10 squats, 10 push-ups, 10 crunches. Its only 10 mins, but your bodys thanking you for at least doing something.
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Hi guys! Just wanted to say good luck to everyone this week! I am gonna go get in my 1000 rep now! Wish me luck! I'll post my results shortly!

I also dont own any of the equipment, I make due with what I have at home.
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Just completed the 1000 rep workout! I completed it in 51 minutes! I also got in the 4 min of tabata. I burned 431 calories in 62 min but that is not accurate, I forgot to start my HRM when I started the workout, lol. What I logged was still a good burn tho! Good luck everyone!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    So I didn't get to the 1000 rep workout. I had friends come over for dinner and had to go grocery shopping after work. HOWEVER, I am very happy to say that even after they left. I pushed myself to do the "200 sumo squat step up challenge" which I completed in 23:23 mins plus 4 min tabata with mt. climbers. I finished my workout at 10:57PM, when I'm normally hitting the hay...

Thanks for motivating me everyone! Now I can go to sleep knowing that I don't have to regret not working out today!
  • ltosoni
    Options
    I managed to do the 1000 rep yesterday its been a long time since I've done one that was so long, I had to stop for 2 minutes to let the kids in the door from school! I finished in 38 minutes with the little interruption! Going to follow with another short one tonight!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    I managed to do the 1000 rep yesterday its been a long time since I've done one that was so long, I had to stop for 2 minutes to let the kids in the door from school! I finished in 38 minutes with the little interruption! Going to follow with another short one tonight!

NICE!
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Hi all! I for some reason thought that today was the sumo squat/fit *kitten* workout so that is what I did... My time was 18:48, i'll try and get in today's workout and tomorrow's workout tomorrow. I also did my tabata.
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    hey yall here's my stats for yesterday's (12-6) workout, Butt Fat Melt Down:

Part 1- pushup and side jump-5,5,5,4,4,5
    Plank elbow knee tuck-14,14,19,18,17,16

Part 2 i did 15

Part 3- jump squats-11,12,10,10,10,9
    Side crunch- 6,6,6,6,6,6 (couldnt get away from theose dang 6's!! Lol)
    I did also do 4 mins of tabata when i was done
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Okay, So yesterday I missed my workout, so I'm vowing to you guys right now that when i get home tonight I am doing the Butt Fat Melt Down AND If You Really Want More (what an appropriate title).

Also, yesterday will count as my rest day and I will do the 1000 rep challenge on Sunday.
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    Okay, So yesterday I missed my workout, so I'm vowing to you guys right now that when i get home tonight I am doing the Butt Fat Melt Down AND If You Really Want More (what an appropriate title).

Also, yesterday will count as my rest day and I will do the 1000 rep challenge on Sunday.

Determination!! I like it!! :bigsmile: