favorite foods

Hi,
I am brand new here. I lost a bunch of weight 3 years ago....and I just found myself adding the weight back this past year (10 lbs or so :(

Anyone have any favorite foods, or want to show us a sample menu for a day for you? Also, anyone working out at home, and not at a gym? Last time I lost the weight I was devoted to the gym. Now I am doing it at home, w/ my treadmill, etc.

I am hoping to see results this time around -- nervous about failure :(

thanks!

Heather
150303.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• indigohope
    indigohope Posts: 24 Member
    Hi,
    I am brand new here. I lost a bunch of weight 3 years ago....and I just found myself adding the weight back this past year (10 lbs or so :(

Anyone have any favorite foods, or want to show us a sample menu for a day for you? Also, anyone working out at home, and not at a gym? Last time I lost the weight I was devoted to the gym. Now I am doing it at home, w/ my treadmill, etc.

I am hoping to see results this time around -- nervous about failure :(

thanks!

Heather
    150303.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I absolutely LOVE working out at home. When I first started I just did videos. Then I incorporated Curves with the videos. That started to get too easy so now I use my treadmill all the time. It faces my tv so I DVR my favorite shows at night and watch them while I work out in the morning. Because I LOVE my tv shows, I always (okay, usually, not always) look forward to getting up to work out. I can crawl right out of bed, throw on my clothes, be icky, not care what the heck I'm wearing, grab my water, and get on the treadmill. I do my stretching, crunches, and light weights while I watch Good Morning America in the comfort of my own living room. I don't know if I'll EVER go to the gym again...unless my treadmill dies! :smile:
  • indigohope
    excellent tip!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    I have a stationary bike and I put on some love songs(I must admit I am a romantic at heart) and get on it and ride away. I also have some exercise workout DVD's, my favorite is Walk Away the Pounds with water weights by Leslie Sansone, it is pretty low impact.
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Regarding your food question, here's what works for me and has always worked:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (plain) with brown sugar (sometimes cinnamon, too) and soy milk, coffee with half n half and sugar (I did learn to drink it black but now I'm back to the half n half and it's just something I really enjoy)

Snack: Hard boiled egg or apple with peanut butter

Lunch: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat with a navel orange OR a bean/cheese burrito, either homemade or (more likely) the Monterey frozen brand that comes in an orange bag--not the best, I know, but it's very economical

Snack: Bowl of cereal with soy milk or fruit...this varies

Dinner: Again, this varies...I eat a lot of beans, either refried (vegetarian) with tortillas or I'll make veggie chili with black beans, kidney beans, and pintos. Frozen veggies are always good. Sometimes I'll roast potatoes, carrots, and onions in the oven, brushed with olive oil and spices, takes about an hour at 350 degrees. Also, I eat a lot of pasta with marinara, and occasionally add black beans/jalapeno peppers/pineapple.
    Now, I do pop in the occasional frozen pizza, but I try to do this only on days where I've done heavy workouts and have earned the calories. I love pizza. :smile:

Post-dinner/Pre-bed: A cup of hot chocolate, sometimes.

This is what works for me. Good luck to you! You've done this before, so you can do it again, and this time you have MFP to help. :drinker:
  • indigohope
    First off -- congrats on all of your accomplishments!!!

I feel that this website alone, is going to be an excellent tool for me to lose the weight.

It organizes my thinking, knowing that I have to document every bite, and workout.....

This is excellent! (Dare I say.....I may like it better than Weight Watchers!!!) Same idea, but FREE!

I am so excited to start this way of life again....Thanks for all of your helpful ideas :)

150303.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    I am also working out at home and I don't have a treadmill so have to run outside (I live in Canada so not always fun with the weather!! :sad: ) I do DVDs for weights twice a week and run outside 4 times a week. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast
    Coffee - No Sugar With Skim Milk
    English muffins - Whole-wheat, 1 muffin
    Babybel - Light Cheese, 1 piece
    Blackberries - Raw, 0.5 cup
    Butterball - Turkey Bacon, 1 slice

Lunch
    Turkey Breast (2 slices)
    Hellmann's - Light Mayo, 1 tbsp
    Generic Tomato - Tomato Raw, Red,
    Dole - Packaged Salad - Spring Mix, 0.25 ounces 1
    Healthyway - 8" Organic Whole Wheat Tortilla, 1 tortilla

Dinner
    Body for Life - Helkat Chunky Beef Stew, 275.5 g
    Dempsters 100% Wholegrain - Multigrain Bread, 2 slice 220 44 2 8 remove
    Becel - Olive Oil Margerine, 0.5 tsp 18 0 2 0 remove

Snacks
    Oranges - Raw, navels, 1 fruit
    Dannon - Dan Active - Yogurt Pro Biotic Dairy Drink - Vanilla, 1 bottle
    All Recipes - Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie, 1 cookie
    Nescafe - Skinny Cappuccino

Good luck to you... this website has helped me lose 4 pounds since January 30th and I don't really have a lot to lose so it is harder for me to lose the extra pounds! The people are fantastic and I actually enjoy watching my caloric intake now!
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    I have a stationary bike and I put on some love songs(I must admit I am a romantic at heart) and get on it and ride away. I also have some exercise workout DVD's, my favorite is Walk Away the Pounds with water weights by Leslie Sansone, it is pretty low impact.

I am the same! I love to work out to fast songs, but I also find some slow love songs quite motivating.. I have no idea why?!?!? I personally love the song Run by Leona Lewis!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!