"Walking Dead" and/or "Boardwalk Empire"?

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
Does anyone watch these two shows?

Based on this week's episode of them both, all I can say is OH.MY.GOD. I was dumbstruck!!!!

Replies

• BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I <3 Walking Dead!
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started crying when the little girl stumbled out of the barn <heartbreaking>
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead <3 Been watching since first season. Actually met Addy Miller and Chandler Riggs at Wizard World Philly Comic Con this year. It was great! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Big "Walking Dead" fan here. Loved the mid-season finale on Sunday.

There's a fan group here on MFP, with threads for each episode and some dedicated to specific characters:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/174-walking-dead-fans

Some great discussions have been had. Join us, fans! :drinker:
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Both! Boardwalk Empire is fantastic. Keeps getting better and better..
  • hiyoli
    hiyoli Posts: 13
    Options
    Walking Dead was awesome this week. The little girl almost looked human, like she was a "fresh" zombie, which makes it all the more heartbreaking. Poor Sophia :(

11339561.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    There's a group for The Walking Dead fans on here. Come join us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/174-walking-dead-fans
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Boardwalk is awesome....

I couldn't believe he killed Jimmy's wife...I mean...who cares about the *kitten* but the wife???

And what's up with the kid faking with his legs??? Devil spawn...
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Sunday's "Walking Dead" episode was great TV!!

You can get "back stories" on WD on line. And the back story on Sophia was that Otis found her and put her in the barn. But Shane killed him before they could put 2 + 2 together.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love Walking dead, and got my bf hooked on it after just 1 episode.
    I was heart broken when I saw the girl on the last ep!
    But by that time my bf and I were like.. "OMFG just find the girl already! This is taking too long."
    I'm hating this mid season break! Haha

I never really got into Boardwalk Empire. I've watched 10 eps with the family.. Just not my thing. Lol
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Walking Dead was awesome this week. The little girl almost looked human, like she was a "fresh" zombie, which makes it all the more heartbreaking. Poor Sophia :(

This didn't make sense to me though since she has been a zombie for quite some time....
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Love Boardwalk Empire! Steve B is great!!!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie to Walking Dead. Although last episode was so obvious!!

I thought BoardWalk Empire was better last season. Although it's getting good again....i didn't see Jimmy's wife getting killed!

Hell on Wheels is pretty good too.

I'm waiting for Mad Men in Feb 2012!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have been walking Walkin Dead since the beginning and I started cryin at the end of the mid season finale. I thought when she first went missing that would happen... but I just wasn't expecting her to walk out of the barn. Brilliant story writing, made them feel what Hershel (sp?) felt this whole time. I am over Shane though.. wish he would leave the group!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    If you really want to blow your mind....consider that The Walking Dead on TV is TAME compared to the Original Graphic Novels it's based on. They literally mess with your mind.

The writer's idea was to create a Zombie story that never ends....and portray the psychological changes that people might go through during such an event.

It's pretty intense and worth checking out if you're a fan of the show!

The TV Series is loosely following the Graphic Novels, but there are 12 Volumes in total and to date the TV series is barely into Book #2.

Cheers!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Walking Dead = :heart:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Boardwalk is awesome....

I couldn't believe he killed Jimmy's wife...I mean...who cares about the *kitten* but the wife???

I was suprised when her friend walked out and it wasn't jimmy, then I thought he would let the wife live, as Jimmy driving like a traveling salesman!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch these two shows?

Based on this week's episode of them both, all I can say is OH.MY.GOD. I was dumbstruck!!!!

I would agree!!!!!!!!! I love them both.... but the ending for WALKING DEAD was UNREAL..
    *SPOILER ALERT*

When she came out of the barn... I FREAKED OUT!!! JUMP OFF OF THE COUCH! Wonder what the old man is going to do next!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Boardwalk Empire! I can't believe he killed Jimmy's wife either. I'm an HBO series junk.
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I watch The Walking Dead. Last episode was great. Seeing Shane just lose it. And after the group kills all the walkers in the barn and you start hearing sounds in the dark, I said to myself…OMG, will it be Sophia?!?