loss, loose,lose

Options
ummommyme
ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
I promise i'm not trying to be mean but i thought i would give a little help. Weight loss is as in losing weight. Loose is as in a piece of clothing being loose on you. And lose is as in your are trying to lose weight. ;)

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour. Others have tried. Perhaps you will be The One.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Thank you, I am guilty of making the same freaking mistake! I totally understand the concept and I will review it as much as I can as a courtesy to others and myself. THANK YOU!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    i a mn smarteded noouhw lol sank u
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    no matter how many times this is posted there will always be someone who doesn't know. This post is useless and pointless.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that bugs me too. But I also make the same mistake once and awhile. But I feel awful and mental when I do. LOL
  • soozship
    soozship Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    While we're putting it out there, the you're in "you're welcome" is a compound word. Just sayin'....
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That drives me nuts, but I don't say anything. LOL
  • ummommyme
    Options
    Hehe, you are welcome. I'm sure i'm guilty of it too and this is a good reminder for me. I'm not normally very picky or anal about things but i kind of am when it comes to spelling. I'm sure i won't be the one to get through, i just had to say something.
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    ROFL
  • LenaNicole15
    Options
    Hahahaha! I've been waiting to see a post like this. You have just made my day!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    What about punctuation? I think it goes hand in hand.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you really want a hobby correct all the "I am loss wait" postings.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    no matter how many times this is posted there will always be someone who doesn't know. This post is useless and pointless.

Amen! Mistakes like this (and others like them) run rampant through the forums of MFP.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    You guys are so funny! I'm over here just giggling;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't see how mistyping lose as loose, or even misspelling it seems any worse that posting about spelling errors in the diet and weight loss help forum. I've never heard of anyone losing more weight through spelling.
  • ummommyme
    Options
    I figured it was a main topic that everyone posts on is all. You know on the weight loss help section. I was merely giving help on spelling the weight loss help. :) Not giving advice on how to lose weight. But i see your point, maybe the chit chat fun section, hmm.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I do not lose weight, I usually loose it. Sorry. :embarassed: I know, it drives my hubby crazy too! I'm slowly getting better, if I'm half thinking, I can spell it right, but I have to think! The other one I can't ever spell right, "excercise". Don't ask me why I always put that extra "c" in there! :blushing:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I'm happy this issue is finally settled.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that bugs me too. But I also make the same mistake once and awhile. But I feel awful and mental when I do. LOL

me too!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I do not lose weight, I usually loose it. Sorry. :embarassed: I know, it drives my hubby crazy too! I'm slowly getting better, if I'm half thinking, I can spell it right, but I have to think! The other one I can't ever spell right, "excercise". Don't ask me why I always put that extra "c" in there! :blushing:

same here, but spell check usually helps out with the excersize word, LOL