loss, loose,lose

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I promise i'm not trying to be mean but i thought i would give a little help. Weight loss is as in losing weight. Loose is as in a piece of clothing being loose on you. And lose is as in your are trying to lose weight. ;)

At least you know the difference between loss, loose and lose, because your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

:flowerforyou:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm :smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Is that the only mistake you found?
  • evil_rider
    Options
    I promise i'm not trying to be mean but i thought i would give a little help. Weight loss is as in losing weight. Loose is as in a piece of clothing being loose on you. And lose is as in your are trying to lose weight. ;)

Wow, thanks for that.
  • _Timmeh_
    Options
    Is that the only mistake you found?

:laugh: Kno jus tha phurst
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Spelling workbook completed. *hands you gold star and grammar workbook*
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't see how mistyping lose as loose, or even misspelling it seems any worse that posting about spelling errors in the diet and weight loss help forum. I've never heard of anyone losing more weight through spelling.
    Depends. I sometimes spell high reps/low weight and get a really good burn.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    No matter how many times we beat this dead horse, people will still make this mistake time and time again. As well as other things that make me cringe... But I have had to give up. It's a pointless fight.
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    That drives me nuts, but I don't say anything. LOL

And THAT is how it's done. Amen. Just be nice and get over it y'all. sheesh.
  • kadoodle76
    Options

• kadoodle76
    Options

• kadoodle76
    Options

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I try not to be a grammar nazi, since I make plenty of mistakes myself (I'm not even sure if this sentence should have a comma or not). But this lose/loose business drives me up a wall.

It's a four letter word. We're not talking about "asphyxiation" here. If you spell "lose" as "loose" how do you spell "lost"? Loost? When you loose weight do your pants fit loooser?
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour. Others have tried. Perhaps you will be The One.

DITTO!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Do you now feel smarter and superior for pointing out others' flaws? Good job!
  • _Timmeh_
    Options

You can say that again. Oh wait....
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    wow...pretentious much? lol typos happen to everyone hun!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour. Others have tried. Perhaps you will be The One.

This^
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just heard of someone who used "your" incorrectly (it should have been you're) in a tattoo. Whoops!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    wow...pretentious much? lol typos happen to everyone hun!

Second above. And some people have spelling issues. To them this kind of post would be very upsetting.