What is your biggest weight loss struggle?

Options

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Sleep deprivation for sure.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories during the day. Sounds funny I know but I do really well during the day and have over 1/2 my calories (regular not exercise) when I go home. Where I eat and eat and eat.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Wine.cheese.Beer.Wings.

all my major weekend issues

Add chocolate to that and there you have it!

This! And if I'm having a bad day, getting to the gym. If I'm in a bad mood normally I'll end up being like "WHO CARES" to everything. So that's never a good time. :')
  • sal22408
    Options
    thanks keeley...someone suggested that to me once (adding water) and i havent tried it yet. Next time im out ill remember this!
    I think im going to google this....and see if i can find the best option when having an alcoholic beverage on occassion :) ...afterall, New Years Eve is right around the corner!
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    All or nothing thinking for me. I do really well and if I take a "break" for a night it turns in to a "break" for a month because I make excuses and do the "Well, I'll start again tomorrow." I'm a little worried about allowing my comfort foods, which run the spectrum, because they've historically triggered me in to that all or nothing line of thinking.

I have been doing very well tracking calories on another site and now this site, so my focus is to eat healthy and get nutrition in while staying within calorie limits to lose.

I'm working on not being ruled by food though, and allowing those things in within nutrition and calorie limits. Still keeping away from stuff until I feel ready... When do you ever feel ready for this? :)
  • sal22408
    Options
    thanks keeley...someone suggested that to me once (adding water) and i havent tried it yet. Next time im out ill remember this!
    I think im going to google this....and see if i can find the best option when having an alcoholic beverage on occassion :) ...afterall, New Years Eve is right around the corner!

ok, so in just a quick search - it seems my best options are dry white wine, or gin/vodka and tonic . Ill stick with my wine :) ...and probably try adding the water ;)
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    All or nothing thinking for me. I do really well and if I take a "break" for a night it turns in to a "break" for a month because I make excuses and do the "Well, I'll start again tomorrow."

My life quote used to be" "Diet Starts Tomorrow", so I totally feel you on this. One of the hardest things is not letting a set back or "break" completely erase all your hard work.
  • ahmpierce1
    Options
    All or nothing thinking for me. I do really well and if I take a "break" for a night it turns in to a "break" for a month because I make excuses and do the "Well, I'll start again tomorrow."

My life quote used to be" "Diet Starts Tomorrow", so I totally feel you on this. One of the hardest things is not letting a set back or "break" completely erase all your hard work.
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Resisting dessert for me! It's so hard. One minute I am focused and the next minute I am getting cookies! I did it today. lol

Same for me! My sweet tooth tries to get the best of me daily! I have gotten better, I usually have hard candy(Jolly Ranchers ect) w/ me at all times...it usually helps stave off the sugar cravings.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Weekends are a challenge because my boyfriend and I like to go out to eat one or two times. Add in a couple of glasses of wine and my boyfriend asking do you want to go for ice cream...........arghhh. Some weekends I resist, sometimes I cave in. Also, I love to work out, but finding the time to do it as often as I would like is hard. I would love to get 6 work outs a week in.....most weeks I only manage 4 though. Oh well, never give up, never surrender!!!
  • angeleyez77
    angeleyez77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is weekend bad eating also its not good for you and its expensive when you go out to resteraunts and etc lol.
  • swimforever
    Options
    College. I don't have time to exercise or sleep or do anything. All I do is school.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories during the day. Sounds funny I know but I do really well during the day and have over 1/2 my calories (regular not exercise) when I go home. Where I eat and eat and eat.

I do this too! I try not to even come home till supper time so I can start cooking right away!!! If I sit without food then I will eat whatever isn't nailed down!! My weakness is carbs. I love chips and salsa, chips, pretzels, you name it and I love it!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My biggest weight loss struggle: losing weight.
    :brokenheart:
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat with family, which I think is their favorite past time. Plus I'm getting scared for Christmas we are going to be away at family's and that woman can cook, good Lord she has some great stuff. Moderation, moderation moderation then exercise exercise and exercise :)
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Eating with my friends especially if it was not a planned thing: I am pretty much going to eat approximately what they are eating, whether or not it fits with the calories I had eaten/burned that day.

Consistency: If I skip more than a couple of days of logging, it is harder for me to get back in the groove

Injuries: They have limited my running and impact working out so I have had to focus more on the calorie intake, which I am way worse at.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    eating out on the weekends. Can't seem to resist dessert or starters
  • ahmpierce1
    Options
    My biggest weight loss struggle: losing weight.
    :brokenheart:

touche, my friend....touche
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Food in general. I just really love food. A lot. Too much. I love healthy stuff and I love UNhealthy stuff. So there's really no reason why I have a problem "dieting" but I do. I can last two weeks without fast food, salty snacks, deep fried foods...but then...a craving comes and just does not go away.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    my biggest struggle is not sampling.... If my mom has like a Mcdonalds hamburger I will be like " ooooo one bite wont kill me" ya but when you break it down that one bite is 70 calories and if u do that with everything throughout the day it adds up alot...