What is your biggest weight loss struggle?

Options

Replies

• westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I know, for me...it's special events. I simply cannot keep it together at weddings/birthdays/parties/thanksgiving/etc. I tell myself I will eat sensibly, then WHAM...before I know it, I have a plate full of lard, butter and cheese and two glasses of wine in my hand.
    This is me too! I don't have a sweet tooth, I don't go out much on weekends, I'm reasonably good most of the time, but the events (holiday parties right now!) ruin me. But, I've concluded that I wouldn't want to give them up just for weight loss, so I lose at a slightly lower pace during holidays and wedding-season.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes from a local cupcakery, they call my name! Wish I had never tried them, then I wouldn't know what I was missing.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be challenging but I'm pretty healthy throughout the week and I usually plan on having a splurge day either Saturday or Sunday.

If we stray into the area of non-food challenges then it would be simply not seeing myself as that fat guy anymore. I've gotten better recently but for months I was still straying into the big and tall section for clothes and my gut reaction when anyone wanted to do something physical (non workout stuff) was "I'm too big". That's been by far a greater struggle than actually losing weight for me.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Wine.cheese.Beer.Wings.

all my major weekend issues

Make the cheese into Cheetos and you've got me.
    I have a hard time not grazing right when I get home. I used to always have a bowl of Cheetos :)
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Carbs and chocolate. I'm usually within or under my calorie goal even when I do eat chocolate, but I eat too many carbs. I'm not worried. :smile:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle WAS figuring out how I gained the weight. Part of my problem had to do with medications. The other part is my sedentary lifestyle.

Now, my biggest struggle is finding the discipline to work out on a regular basis.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My worst time of day is after the kids go to bed. I'm working on not eating after about 8pm but it's hard. That's when I want to munch munch munch!

Family parties are hard, too. Soooo many goodies and everyone saying "try this, it's awesome!" Ugh.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle WAS figuring out how I gained the weight. Part of my problem had to do with medications. The other part is my sedentary lifestyle.

Now, my biggest struggle is finding the discipline to work out on a regular basis.

It would be nice to have a "reserse" button. Unfortunately, for me even if I know how I gained the weight, it is not that easy to simply just reverse the process...*sigh*
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Beer! Whiskey! Or Captain ! Wings and homemade house burgers with real ground beef...... Football season has been a bore to me with trying to cut back. Social events are the hardest. And the fact that my BF tells me all the time he misses the "Fun, Drunk" me!!!! :sad:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My list would be to loooooooooooooooooooooong!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm, probably the one thing that messes up my routines are vacations or traveling. If I'm out of my normal environment that I carefully placed together I tend to make unplanned eating decisions due to the people I'm with or some other factors.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My biggest weight loss struggle: losing weight.
    :brokenheart:

touche, my friend....touche
    :flowerforyou: Joke aside, I think those office treats are my biggest threat! I can't resist left over cookies, cakes, pizza, or whatever...
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    My biggest struggle is definitely resisting temptation. I find myself thinking one thing, but saying and doing the complete opposite.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'd say my biggest struggle is at work, when people bring stuff in. I can keep it out of my house, so it's not in front of me, but when I'm at work and it's around me, I have no will power.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Its definitely being out and socializing for me. I can do without the food...but the wine?? soooo hard to resist. Do any of you know a better option for me when out having a drink? If im going to have one, i might as well make it a good choice. Anyone??

Sometimes when I go to an afterwork drinking event, I order a Scotch and a glass of water. I have a single sip of the Scotch and then add water to it. When I am half way through the diluted Scotch I add more water. It is basically flavored water, but it tricks me. I confess that I then go home and have a half an ounce of the good stuff with my husband.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mine is not food, but exercise! I love walking or riding bikes but when it's cold, I use that as an excuse not to do it!
  • mspears1198
    mspears1198 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My struggle is baked goods cookies, pie, and cake.
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Personally I am the worst when it comes to sweet stuff. If my friend has something sweet in hand, I cannot resisit!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My biggest weight struggle is immediately following dinner during the work week. My appetite does not have an off button and I want to move into snack mode all night long. I am trying (as of yesterday) to symbolically end dinner with a cup of herbal tea with a goal to wait an hour and have a structured choice. To best process my evening meds in accordance with dr. and pharmacist, I take them two hours after eating my last meal. So this will be another layer of structure for my body which has experienced years of anarchy.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I struggle with exercise but I think my biggest is mindless snacking.