lifting heavy not working! help!!

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member

Ok tae bo and 30ds with spray painted pink dumbbells and I have legs like tree trunks in a week. Anything else for woman to get the results from her body? Not just tone muscles but bulky and mannish? What more do I do?

You really need to get serious. You need to start going to the pub on Friday nights and join the drinking games. Push yourself to the point of being sick. Effort in = effort out. You know you can do it. Muscle shirts will also help, tuck a tampon box in the sleeve to emulate a cigarette pack.

And make sure to watch lots of ESPN Classic so you can rattle off stats from a game that happened 20 years ago.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    People kept saying if I lifted heavy I'd get all manish and butch. But I've been lifting heavier and heavier weight for about a month and instead of getting mannish and bulky, I'm not!! I used to be a tight size 10 today my size 6's had some space in the thigh and waist area. There's so much less bulk on my stomach after all this work! And I don't think I look mannish at all because my husband keeps grabbing me and telling me I'm hot.

what am I doing wrong!!
    You should try doing cardio/sculpt classes with tons of repitions with the pink dumbells. Then go drink some Shakeology. Then a good bout of HCG. Oh and don't forget to juice................like that forks over knives thing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    To get massive manly legs you really need to be on the elliptical for at least 3hrs a day. Do this every day and you will be a beast in no time!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    You need to eat no more than 25 grams of protein at least 6 times a day, and eat no more than 37 minutes after your workout.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    misread fail!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    I recommend Tae Bo.

No 30ds with three lb weights....I heard you gain like 5 lbs of muscle in your first week

I heard it makes your legs like tree trunks in three days!

:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    whats ur goal? get smaller waist bigger bum like rest of girls? u have to eat proper to "bulk up" and u will never look butch because women simply dont have enough testostrone.. so unless u wanna run a cycle of some Bs...
    You do realize this is a sarcasm thread?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    People kept saying if I lifted heavy I'd get all manish and butch. But I've been lifting heavier and heavier weight for about a month and instead of getting mannish and bulky, I'm not!! I used to be a tight size 10 today my size 6's had some space in the thigh and waist area. There's so much less bulk on my stomach after all this work! And I don't think I look mannish at all because my husband keeps grabbing me and telling me I'm hot.

what am I doing wrong!!

I know the feeling. I also started lifting heavy in the hope that I will look like a guy, In the last 3 months I was only able to look sexy.....I mean now I have men looking at me!!!! So not what I was hopeing for :angry:
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Good times! LOL! :drinker:
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Well, maybe that's YOUR goal, but I know my body.

You can't tell me I'm doing it wrong. I know how to lift weights, dammit. And I don't need to show you all any pictures to prove it. I'm not going there with you.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Well, maybe that's YOUR goal, but I know my body.

You can't tell me I'm doing it wrong. I know how to lift weights, dammit. And I don't need to show you all any pictures to prove it. I'm not going there with you.
    winner!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Clearly you are letting the workout work YOU.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Clearly you are letting the workout work YOU.
    Love your profile name! Can I get the recipe?
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    What formula are you using to tell how much muscles you gained?
  • ninerbuff
    What formula are you using to tell how much muscles you gained?
    The one with the baby in the pool................you know.

IDEA Fitness member
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member

A handful of daffodils and a pinch of douchebaggery. :bigsmile:
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member

A handful of daffodils and a pinch of douchebaggery. :bigsmile:
    And nutritional info too?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    "But wait, I don't want muscular arms only tone that's why I use 3lb dumbells to cardio sculpt."

*muahahahahaha* this thread made my day :P
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    I know my body
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    sounds to me like your doing something good