• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME - 9
    LNS - 4
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Anyone have advice on how to control this crazy behavior?

Trick that works for me, when I implement them, are to set an alarm on my watch 15 minutes before my cutoff time. That way it makes me aware of the approaching time. Also support from my family. They know that I get to eat a little dessert after dinner as I won't be eating it with them later on in the evening. And third thing is spicy cinnamon tea. The hot and the spice help my mouth to remember that I am already full, because sometimes my mouth and my belly aren't always on the same page.

I wish you ALL the greatest success. Remember, even one day of week of conscious success is an accomplishment.
  • queenovhearts
    Options
    I was having a good day, but I just plowed through a box of chocolates. How do you sneak in some yum treats without going overboard. Tomorrows a new day.
  • danimoorebear
    Options
    any one got any advice on how to keep motivated as i keep snacking and thats were i keep goin wrong
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I was having a good day, but I just plowed through a box of chocolates. How do you sneak in some yum treats without going overboard. Tomorrows a new day.

I separate them into serving sizes into little baggies as soon as I get them. Then I put them in a very tall box on top of my refrigerator. Out of sight, out of mind. When it gets really bad, I give them all to my husband, and he gives me on a day (usually only gets that bad around TOM).
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    any one got any advice on how to keep motivated as i keep snacking and thats were i keep goin wrong

Don't make huge restrictions. Just make your "snacking" healthier for right now. I found that freezing grapes and eating them is a great way to break the habit. You have to eat them slowly because they are cold, and they are healthy, yet sweet.
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Got home late from work last night..ended up eating after 10 :(

Me:0

Lns: 1
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 10
    LNS - 4
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    LNS 3
    Me 3 I am gaining on it !
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Fine, I've been MIA. But, I've been doing okay:

Me: 11
    LNS: 3

I should be zero over the next 3 or 4 nights. I might give myself permission to "indulge" on Sunday when I'm watching the "Survivor" Finale, lol!
  • weagle81
    weagle81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Late night snacking kills me!!! And most of the time I don't even know I'm doing it!! I wake up with the evidence beside me, I know it sounds stupid but it's true!! I've woke up digging around in the fridge. But it's even harder before I go to bed. I just want something to eat!!! I've not lost any weight this month or last.. God help since I totalled my car I've not done good! But I will put my cut off time as 9:00. Good luck to everybody!!!!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    After 6pm, it seems like my brain shuts off and the stomach takes over. Haven't figured out how to stop it. Maybe it is because during the day (at work) I am in a controlled environment. Evening snacking tends to blow my whole day's progress.
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I started MYP 3 days ago & promptly decided to not eat after 8pm, except for Sat evenings, when my husband of 40 years & I have movie, wine & cheese or popcorn - I will not feel guilty to not change this tradition, except to cut down on the amount of cheese. Other nights of the week, I used to wait til hubby went to bed & I would eat anything available while watching TV. It would be a peanut butter/banana or cheese sandwich, cheese & crackers or potato chips that I sneaked into the house! I would call it my "Mouth Party" to myself & I will need support from 'my fitness pals', you, to keep me from this indulgence of mine. If I do eat anything after supper, it will be fruit &/or veggies. Only water to drink after 8pm.
    I have been successful my 1st 2 evenings & not missed it yet, but 1 side affect has been not getting to sleep til 4 or 5am., as I have been reading so much on this MYP site! LOL! Luckily, I am retired. Thankyou for starting this support group. BTW, my real name is Marg. :flowerforyou:
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Chew sugarless gum or brush your teeth. Brushing helps in choosing to not eat anything that takes away that fresh, clean taste. Good luck to everyone. Marg
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 5* ~ LNS: 9
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Mardill, those are good tips!

I also think trying to "delay" the permission phase to indulge is important. If it is 9:00 and the munchies are around....tell yourself you can make a decision to "munch" (or not) at 9:20. Then wait. At 9:20, tell yourself you can make the decision at 9:40. Then wait. Sometimes something else will occupy your mind and you'll forget that you want to eat. Other times, you make the decision to munch and then I think you need to be very mindful of PORTION. (i.e. permit yourself a SMALL portion of the treat you want most!)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 11
    LNS - 4
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    LNS 4 :mad:
    Me 3
  • redstuff
    redstuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just found this & I really want to join in! Evening snacking is a major hurdle for me! Can someone explain the Me and LNS?