Mickie's Test Kitchen: Jillian Michaels Making the Cut Recip

Options
2»

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Swordfish Kebabs- Needs more marinating time

Here's the deal....it took more time to prep and thread on a kebab than to cook and eat. Next time, I will marinate the fish in the mustard vinegrette for at least an hour (Because it desperately needed more flavor...at least that what my husband and I think---one of my sons disagrees, but he prefers his fish bland).

Forget the kebab, eat as a whole filet and either broil the veggies on the side of the fish in the pan or saute them with a little olive oil and garlic.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    So, 2 new recipes to RAVE about!!!

1- Jillian's Reuban for lunch. I cut the calories by 150 by subbing lean ham for the corned beef! I also toasted it instead of searing. Loved it!!:love:

2- Fancy Fish Sticks. This is super easy and both my kids loved it. I used tilapia. It takes 20 minutes. Will now be in the standard rotation!! I put the nutrition info into mfp's database for this one.

How about you, Mickie?
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    So, 2 new recipes to RAVE about!!!

1- Jillian's Reuban for lunch. I cut the calories by 150 by subbing lean ham for the corned beef! I also toasted it instead of searing. Loved it!!:love:

2- Fancy Fish Sticks. This is super easy and both my kids loved it. I used tilapia. It takes 20 minutes. Will now be in the standard rotation!! I put the nutrition info into mfp's database for this one.

How about you, Mickie?

I haven't made the Reuban...I sort of did what you did too. :) It was GOOD!!!

We really liked those Fancy Fish Sticks too...in fact, I may make those tomorrow night again. What's nice is you can add a spicy side dish to compliment it...I think. (I haven't cooked the past two night...in a funk, and we've been scattered all over the place...so I'll get back into the swing of things tomorrow night)! :flowerforyou: