Support or Attack???

Options
Have u posted sumthn on the msg board, and felt more attacked then supported when ppl respond to your question, comment, or concern. Sum ppl need to reevaluate their ways of "supporting" MFP member. *just sayin*

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Nope, can't say that I have.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    sorry cannot answer as i cannot read what you wrote.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, folks interpret different opinions as "attacks", when they are just different opinions.

Also, some folks take criticism of an idea, and interpret it as criticism of them as a person.

Life is easier when one can distinguish between these things.

That's my opinion.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    No, never. But I'm betting you'll manage to get attacked posting something like this.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nope, but if I had I would turn it around on them. I'm an *kitten* like that.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on here, it's just the nature of some people, hopefully you have found good support mixed in with the dummies. Just learn to ignore the mean hearted people if you can.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Many times. On some topics such as healthy eating I've come to expect it.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options

... *cough*this*cough* ... :laugh:
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

haha, that made me laugh. I approach it a little differently, I'm pretty sure most people are much dumber than me so their opinion doesn't count for much....wrong I know, but it works for me.
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options

this^^^
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've seen it happen on posts that I've read for sure! I however, have no clue how to post a post! lol, can you tell me how???
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, folks interpret different opinions as "attacks", when they are just different opinions.

Also, some folks take criticism of an idea, and interpret it as criticism of them as a person.

That's my opinion.

DITTO
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to the thread you just posted, you were not attacked. I'm sorry you felt that way, but others had good intentions by telling you that carbs are not evil.

I'm sure if you had said up front that you had PCOS, people would have had more information about you to answer the question in the way you wanted.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i can't say that i have...but i tend to stay out of someone's post if it offends me and just leave it be
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

That's my opinion.

Where's the drama in that? Sheesh!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

haha, that made me laugh. I approach it a little differently, I'm pretty sure most people are much dumber than me so their opinion doesn't count for much....wrong I know, but it works for me.

awesome. :heart:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Never attacked for asking a question but for giving information I thought was correct, there are ways of politely correcting someone, even if I'm behind a computer and you are too (in general) I'm still human and have feelings.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Those are not the only two options available.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    If you are referring to the thread you just posted, you were not attacked. I'm sorry you felt that way, but others had good intentions by telling you that carbs are not evil.

I'm sure if you had said up front that you had PCOS, people would have had more information about you to answer the question in the way you wanted.

Jorra, darling, you say things so nicely.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

this^^^

???? What does this mean? An answer to say you can't answer because you can't read???
This discussion has been closed.