Support or Attack???

Options
2»

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I once got attacked in a dark alley. I beat the *kitten* outta my attacker. Seeing how this is the Internet I can never win battles anymore.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Sum ppl need to reevaluate their ways of "supporting" MFP member. *just sayin*
    Perhaps you might want to reevaluate your response to perceived attacks. You cannot control others' behavior. But you can control your own reactions.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    Sometimes, folks interpret different opinions as "attacks", when they are just different opinions.

Also, some folks take criticism of an idea, and interpret it as criticism of them as a person.

Life is easier when one can distinguish between these things.

That's my opinion.

Actually, i'm all for different opinions that why I ask questions, but it's not whats being said necessarily, but how it's being said. You can disagree w/ sum1 or give advice w/o being rude about it. To me the one's being rude, are the one's that have a problem w/ a difference of opinion. Sum ppl who have responded to this post of mine, are being rude, for absolutely no reason. I simply asked a question, to see if any1 else had experienced what I had experienced, and ppl could have kept there rude & sarcastic remarks to themselves. How ever, I guess when ppl r unhappy w/ themselves, they tend to be rude and sarcastic, to ppl only seeking to better themselves
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, folks interpret different opinions as "attacks", when they are just different opinions.

Also, some folks take criticism of an idea, and interpret it as criticism of them as a person.

That's my opinion.

Actually, i'm all for different opinions that why I ask questions, but it's not whats being said necessarily, but how it's being said. You can disagree w/ sum1 or give advice w/o being rude about it. To me the one's being rude, are the one's that have a problem w/ a difference of opinion. Sum ppl who have responded to this post of mine, are being rude, for absolutely no reason. I simply asked a question, to see if any1 else had experienced what I had experienced, and ppl could have kept there rude & sarcastic remarks to themselves. How ever, I guess when ppl r unhappy w/ themselves, they tend to be rude and sarcastic, to ppl only seeking to better themselves

Yes. They're all just jealous.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Well, there are differing opinions, however some people lack any tact or do get rather hostile. I didn't read your other post, so I can't comment on that.

I'd say if someone is being mean, ignore them.
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    If you are referring to the thread you just posted, you were not attacked. I'm sorry you felt that way, but others had good intentions by telling you that carbs are not evil.

I'm sure if you had said up front that you had PCOS, people would have had more information about you to answer the question in the way you wanted.

My PCOS wasn't relevent bcuz I never said Carbs were evil, I just said I wanted to cut back on them more, and that I was having trouble w/ it bcuz so many differnt things have a lot of carbs. I dnt know where u or anybody else got that i thought carbs were evil. I'm a nurse, I know that need for carbs
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

That's my opinion.
    Yes, that about somes it up. :wink:
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't think of poeple as neccessarily trying to attack someone, unless they are spreading false information. Most of the time it's being sarcastic in good humor. It keeps a lot of people coming to this site. If it were always all business here, how much fun would that be. I know I certainly wouldn't be on here as much.

Just take what advice you can when asking questions. The other stuff, don't take offense to it. We all don't REALLY know eachother right? For the most part, everone is just a picture with writing that express some of their thoughts. Heck, it may not even be their true thoughts.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

That's my opinion.

Also want to sabatoge you.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    No but I've given people honest criticism and they have taken it as an attack and reported me. In fact, if I haven't been reported atleast once a day then I'm off my game. *notsrs*
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you might want to reevaluate your response to perceived attacks. You cannot control others' behavior. But you can control your own reactions.

Q for president, all others be damned!!! See that, I just supported Q whilst attacking everyone else, and used proper spelling (and possibly grammar) all at the same time!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Q for president, all others be damned!!! See that, I just supported Q whilst attacking everyone else, and used proper spelling (and possibly grammar) all at the same time!

I fully support this.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Problem is people don't know your background. A lot of people who give advice on here have been on this site for a while. You can only imagine how many times similar questions get asked. For the most part, many people are nice enough to answer the same question multiple time because newer people are posing the questions.

Not know you had PCOS, people went straight to the TYPICAL concern regarding carbs. I'm sure no one was intentionally attacking you, simply wanted to clear up confusion around carbs being bad. You can refer to what I said also, as I just gave you suggestions along with my response that carbs are not typically bad. I tried to cover my grounds not knowing your background.
    If you are referring to the thread you just posted, you were not attacked. I'm sorry you felt that way, but others had good intentions by telling you that carbs are not evil.

I'm sure if you had said up front that you had PCOS, people would have had more information about you to answer the question in the way you wanted.

My PCOS wasn't relevent bcuz I never said Carbs were evil, I just said I wanted to cut back on them more, and that I was having trouble w/ it bcuz so many differnt things have a lot of carbs. I dnt know where u or anybody else got that i thought carbs were evil. I'm a nurse, I know that need for carbs
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I'm just saying maybe people would understand why you needed to cut back on your carbs. We also did not know you were a nurse too. Given that we had no information about you, we were simply providing information that we thought would have been helpful to you. Some people don't understand that carbs are essential for metabolic processes, and we didn't know if you were one of those people.

In addition, a sarcastic comment is not an "attack." No one insulted you in any way and it hardly took away from the help people were trying to provide.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    No but I've given people honest criticism and they have taken it as an attack and reported me. In fact, if I haven't been reported atleast once a day then I'm off my game. *notsrs*
    Gotta keep your streak going. I reported you to make sure you get reported for the day. Now that's MFP support my friend.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Gotta keep your streak going. I reported you to make sure you get reported for the day. Now that's MFP support my friend.

Thanks bro lol
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sometimes when people try to make a point in text talk, it might not be looked upon in the same way.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options

That's my opinion.

^^^ I am sarcastic a lot, and am really happy with myself. So I guess that rule does not apply to everyone. Also, I did read your other post, like I have said in other threads before- if you are posting a topic, expect that people are going to have differing opinions from your own. That also includes people who use humor or sarcasm to lighten the mood. If you are not able to handle other peoples opinons or how the differ from your own, then don't post topics. Will some people be rude for the sake of it- sure. You also have to understand that due to this being the *internet* there is not tone or inflection in what people are typing. So part of you believe people are being rude, is your own perception of what they are typing- and might not actually be the tone in which they are presenting the information.

Bottom line, everyone has a different opinon, either accept people's thoughts/criticisms with a grain of salt, or in future don't post if its just going to upset you.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. In general, topics that rehash the behavior of other members tend to go sour pretty quickly, so they're prohibited, at least in spirit, by this item in the community guidelines: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Not saying this topic was begun with the intent of hurting any individual, but experience shows that we'll get there soon enough.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    6. No Intentionally Hurtful Topics

Topics which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors.
This discussion has been closed.