Going to a bar with some coworkers after work...

Options
2»

Replies

• kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    A group of friends and myself go to a different restaurant for happy hour every week.

Ask for a martini on the rocks in a regular glass...it will last longer and you still get (mostly) the same taste....

My drink of choice is a bombay sapphire gin + tonic w/lime.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It is disgusting but a Ultra Michelob light. It's only 95 calories.

Question: Why would you drink something that tastes disgusting?

Is it really worth the 40 calories you're going to save?
    Hint: It's not.
  • FordEXP
    Options
    Honestly... a drink or two is not going to completely derail your diet. Enjoy yourself, have a few drinks and don't worry about the calorie counting for a night.
  • Laurag4321
    Options
    Be careful with tonic -- it's pretty high calorie, because it's high in sugar (even though it doesn't taste all that sweet)!

If you don't want to drink, get a diet 7up and ask them to put a lime in it -- it's a good camouflage drink.
  • ErinitaAnn
    Options
    I will second this as well. This is my staple drink, Vodka, Soda Water & Lime. It's the lowest possibly calorie drink you can get. I'm a lap-band success story, 130lbs lost and holding strong four years out. For dieting, high calorie beverages lead to failure, that's why I've really stuck with this one when I go out. It's served me well! :)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I think you should try a tasty Long Island Iced Tea, or perhaps an Adios Mother****er.

I hear they are fantastic.

Also anything with the word "Bomb" in the title is a great way to break yourself in.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    barardi n diet coke, vodka n sprite or sierra mist are my go to's.
    I'd skip the low low cal beers, they taste like water with a splash of beer.

I personally can't stand tonic water.
    Nothing wrong with treating yourself to a beverage :drinker:
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    wine spritzer with soda water....dilutes it a little and makes it a little fizzy.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    I like a vodka tonic. Or vodka and diet.
  • sahmed15
    sahmed15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oops, didn't think of searching previous posts for suggestions. I'm having a kind of "dumb day" (which is why I need the drink!) but I'll keep that in mind next time. Thanks!

As for everyone else, you guys are fantastic! I really appreciate the recommendations--so far I'm leaning towards the vodka soda with lime.