Still fit and fabulous after baby--December 2011 (Cont from

Options

Replies

• blessdmomof4
    Options
    I should not be sitting here. I have 25 people coming over for my 8 yo's bday party in a few hours and my house is trashed. :ohwell:

I accidentally had dairy when we went out to dinner last night and Amelia was so grunty and fussy this morning from 4-9. Well I shouldn't say "So" fussy. She slept but it was not very restful. I am attributing it to the dairy. The timing would be right for when she was digesting it.

The rash is terrible again, even in sposies (disposables). She has two terrible spots that look so painful to me :( We have an appt on Wed so hopefully the doc will give me some help w/ it. What I really want is a reason why it is happening.

I hope you all have a blessed day!!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

My father-in-law came to visit and meet Charlee. It is always awkward when he comes but it was nice to at least have her to talk about and "oooh and ahhhh" over. But besides that it was a pretty uneventful weekend.

I'm still trying to figure out the sleeping situation with Charlee...She is on a pretty good 3 hour schedule during the day but at night she has started getting fussier/restless now after an hour of being laid down in the bassinet beside my bed (I have the arms reach bassinet next to my bed). The past 2 nights I have just laid her beside me in the bed and she slept almost 5 hours in a row last night! I don't want to create bad habits this early but I don't know what else to do. Any tips or suggestions would be awesome. In the evening she does do cluster feedings and then I bathe her and nurse her again around 10 and we all go to sleep.

I think I've hit my plateau as far as losing without working out and watching what I eat...but I'm not complaining since I dropped so much so easily. This week my goal is to workout every day and I'm still sticking to not logging my food until after the holidays are over. Then I will get serious and get down to business! lol I've decided to purchase Lindsay Brin's 60 day slim down thanks to Amy's awesome progress! I also would like to order Turbo Fire.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    YAY a pre pregnancy board! I will try to be more active but it is difficult to find a balance!

Since all the girls on the pregnancy board did a "get to know you" survey...I figure we mine as well too :)

Name: Lexi
    Partner: Husband Dominique
    Career: RN, BSN....to be! Graduation May 2012
    Where you are from: Originally Philippines, Texas since 14 yo
    All about baby: DJ (Dominique Jr) 9/18/11
    Prepreg weight: 168 (gained weight during thanksgiving and christmas lol) was 160 in November
    Height: 5'8
    Goal Weight: 150-155
    lbs to lose as of now: Already at 168, got 13 more to go to get to 155
    Game plan to reach goal: Taking it one day at a time!!!!! Some days are harder than others but I feel like between exclusive breastfeeding, working out and household duties I am burning calories!
    Fun Fact about yourself: I have a crazy schedule, being a full time student and living in Killeen, TX by myself (living like a single mom pretty much) because I was so determined to graduate in May. I had my baby on a sunday and went back to school the monday after. My postpartum recovery was too easy, and I credit that to working out through pregnancy!
  • sdke
    sdke Posts: 3
    Options
    Pregnant lurker here, I just wanted to share a yummy quinoa recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quinoa-and-Black-Bean-Salad-12245

Sometimes I add cherry tomatoes and substitute a fresh jalapeno for the pickled jalapeno. Sometimes I use a bit less quinoa because it makes a huge batch, but I still use all the veggies.
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    LOL at holly - Yes this board is my speed. When it went too fast and there were too many people I was just like man forget it I can't even keep up lol!

well just what has been happening with me the past 3 months, DJ never latched on and the lactation consultant was not there at the hospital so I didn't get much support. I didn't get a nipple shield till about 4 days later and by then DJ became impatient and preferred the bottle, but I am exclusively pumping and 3 months going strong! I have been blessed with an oversupply as I was pumping at least 10oz every 3 hrs, it was a hassle so I started trying to space them out, now I am pumping about 13-14 oz every 6 hours. I have managed to create a great stash!! lol I did donate 200+ oz already since I was running out of freezer space lol.

DJ has caught his first big cold last week so it was vicks, humidifier, and thank goodness for breastmilk because my baby kicked that cold in the booty!

Last week I got on the scale without then with him and got 16 lbs, baby isnt fat though, he is big and long!!! He is growing so fast, already rolling over and lovable :)

Working out is harder now that I am off (ironically) because I am back in Tennessee and stay home with him.. No time for the gym and only one car for now because I left my car in TX. I feel like now the semester is over though, and with less stress+breastfeeding, I dropped lbs fast after my last final! I was stuck at 175-176 for forever then all of a sudden, one week out of school I am at 165-168!! YAY! :)

Holly I am sorry about the bad night but they change up! DJ was so good for so long then when we went up here to TN he started giving me and daddy a hard time! LOL He sleeps the best curled up beside me, I am talking 6-7 hrs but only 2-3 on his crib. *sigh* I am still working through the kinks :(

Diaper rash.. hmm I don't kjnow what works for everyone but so far I haven't had a problem. I put regular petroleum jelly on his bum and penis area (some lady told me that this is what you should do instead of using the expensive bum creams) and he has been a happy baby. Also, after trying several brands of disposables, I have settled with diapers.com brand.. So soft, big and doesn't leak.. LOVE it. Was contemplating on cloth but these diapers seem to be working out fine and I can barely stay on top of laundry now.
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. Amy is killing the Lindsay Brin workouts - way to rock it mama! You are really inspiring me to maybe try it out.....

Lexi, yay! Good to see you and glad to hear you are doing well. Awesome work with the exercise and weight loss. Happy you are on winter break and getting to be with your husband. You are doing so well with balancing school and new motherhood. I am proud of you! Many people would have taken a semester off, which might have led to never returning to school. Keep it up!

Melissa, hope your daughter's birthday party went well. I hope you can get that diaper rash figured out, it has to be so frustrating.

Heather, I understand the plateau thing. I lost all the weight in the first couple of weeks and now have just been remaining steady. I am not too worried as we head into the holidays, but will definitely push to lose these vanity pounds in the new year. Everything I've read says that you cannot spoil a baby or create bad habits in the first two months. Do whatever you need to do to get Charlee resting. I am incredibly blessed as Ellie has slept amazingly from the very beginning. I am starting to think of transitioning away from the rooming together, but am having a hard time mentally for myself. I just love hearing her breathe in the same room!

Did my four runs last week although Sunday was a super short one (2 miles). Plan to do four again this week. I've been doing all my holiday baking, which I love and have had great control and not "tested" too much. Yay!

Keep up all the great work hot mamas!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Thank you Heather and Holly for your support. It truly means alot. I do believe that if either of you try the program you will have amazing results. It's the toning every two days that's really changing up my body. I've still got some work to do but the good thing is I'm still motivated to do it! When the 60 days is up next week I'll continue to incorporate Lindsay Brin's video into my rotation. Currently if you sign up (free) on www.momsintofitness.com you can get a four week workout program designed for you. Each week a workout plan is email to you for four weeks (based on the fitness goals you submit).

Seems little Annie is in the same boat as Lexi and Heather's babes - the best, longest stretches of sleep are with me (4-6 hours, one dream feed then another 6 hours). The shortest stretches (2-3 hours) are when she's in her bassinet (right up against my bed). It's frustrating! Honestly though, I'm just doing what I can to survive life with a toddler, too. Having her in bed with me to side-lay feed (and sleep) is what gets me through night so I'm ready for the busy day ahead.

Melissa, how's the diaper rash? I hope it's all better and the party was lots of fun.

Well, off to have another cup of coffee (with eggnog light...yum) and get ready. Annie and I are visiting my work gals today (Colby had a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's last night, that lucky guy).

Keep up the good work hot Mamas!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Congrats on all the beautiful babies!

It's my first day back to work and I'm really missing my little man!!! Thankful to have great co-workers though!

Name: Danielle
    Partner: Husband Jerry
    Career: State Housing Department: Energy Improvement Loans
    Where you are from: Maryland
    All about baby: Tyson Bradley, born 10/18, 8lb 3oz
    Prepreg weight: 157lbs
    Height: 5' 7"
    Goal Weight: 150lbs
    lbs to lose as of now: 15
    Game plan to reach goal: Slowly getting back into the swing of things. To start I plan to walk 4-5 days a week on my lunch break, boxing class 1 day a week, and Jillian Michael DVDs 1 day a week. Finding time for workouts is tough and now that I'm back to work I know I will want to spend every minute with baby when I get home. Also plan to use this message board for lots of motivation :-)
    Fun Fact about yourself: Tyson is my 4th child. I have an 11 year old daughter and 3 year old twin boys. We were not planning on having any more children after the twins, but what a blessing he is!

I've been logging my foods here and there, but think I will do what some of you are doing and wait til after the holidays. For those of you who are breastfeeding, what kind of calorie goal are you planning on? I don't want to affect my milk supply and feel like when I eat less I produce less.
  • smilegirl
    Options
    Hey Danielle! Tyson is such a cutie!!!!

Welcome back ;-)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi Danielle,

I'm exclusively BF'ing. I log add an additional 500 calories and also eat my workout calories back (as MFP already creates a deficit - don't want to hinder the supply or go into starvation mode). On workout days I eat anywhere from 1900 - 2100 calories a day. On rest days I eat no less than 1700 calories a day. I've been losing anywhere from 1.5 - 3 pounds a week with ample supply!
  • smilegirl
    Options
    Danielle, I am exclusively breastfeeding as well. Doing the same thing as Amy - eating an additional 500 calories and eating my workout calories. I will be returning to work in January so have been doing at least one bottle feeding a day and pumping 2-3x day(I pump when I give a bottle and always wake up once at night to pump as well.) From talking to others I think my milk production may be a bit high - I am pumping 12-14oz per pump session. Needless to say, what I am doing seems to be working and not diminishing my supply!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Lurking... :happy:

Rosanna
    36 weeks, 1 day
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Hi Danielle! Welcome back! And I agree...Tyson is such a cutie! When I start logging my food I plan on doing what Amy and Holly are doing.

Amy I ordered the Lindsay Brin's 60 day workout and I'm very much looking forward to getting it in the mail! :) And thank you so much for telling me you are doing the exact same thing as I am with co-sleeping and feeding. It is nice to hear that I'm not alone in this. Hope you had a good visit with your work gals!

Holly you are rocking your workouts! So inspirational!

Lexi I'm SO happy you found us and you are doing okay. I had been thinking about you and hoping you and little DJ were doing well. We missed you! You are doing so awesome with staying focused on your goals of graduating while experiencing the hurdles of being away from your husband and having a new baby. Stress is definitely a factor for weight loss. Once you graduate and things settle down I'm sure you will reach and/or exceed your goals. You are already doing so great. Keep up the awesome work girl!

So I literally started this post at 830am and it is now after 5 and I am just now able to finish it while Al is holding Charlee....that is the kind of day I've had. Charlee woke up every 2 hours to nurse last night and then she has been super fussy all day. A friend suggested she might have reflux problems, but I'm thinking and hoping it is a growth spurt. Today was the first day since she was born that I felt like I didn't know what she wanted and needed and it was so frustrating for me...I'm mommy and I'm supposed to fix it all....

I had these big plans to get back into working out every day this week for at least an hour and so far I've gotten one day in....whether they are legitimate excuses or not, I still feel like a slug and disappointed in myself. I'm just trying to do my best and am hoping that eventually things will settle down and we will get into a good routine including a workout every single day.

Hope you all had a better day than we did...
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Amelia had her 1 month check up today. I can't believe it has already been a month! She is a healthy happy 10.6 pounder. The funny thing is, her brother (my 3rd) was bigger than that at birth so while everyone at the dr office is making a big deal that she is over 10 lbs I'm laughing b/c she is my smallest baby :laugh: . The rash is clearing up and we've been in cloth diapers for 3 days. Dr said its def not yeast and agreed that it was probably dairy and fruit causing the problems and suggested it could also be my detergent. I'm really happy that it is improving :smile:

Lexi- good for you for doing all that pumping! That is dedication. DJ is a lucky boy :)

Heather- I hope tomorrow is better for you. Amelia showed some signs of having reflux issues but cutting out the diary and most fruits has helped a lot. She also has one of those wedges in her bassinet so she doesn't lay flat on her back. It has little adjustable "rolls" on the sides to prevent her from sliding down and it allows her to lay a little toward her side when she sleeps.

I read an article a few weeks ago by Dr. Sears about co-sleeping. It was written in light of the recent controversy over anti-cosleeping adds. It is a great article and dispels some myths about the negative aspects of cosleeping. I learned a few things from reading it. We don't cosleep every day but I sure do love those snuggly mornings when we do :heart: and this article made me feel even more comfortable with it.

http://www.askdrsears.com/news/latest-news/dr-sears-addresses-recent-co-sleeping-concerns

I'm inspired to get some kind of workout in this week so I can tell you all about it. I just polished off a pint of Coconut Milk ice cream as I was posting this and the realization that I am eating ice cream at 10:30 while posting on a fitness thread was convicting. Time to buckle down :tongue: and time to go to bed:yawn: Wishing you all sweet dreams (in longer than 2 hour intervals).

Melissa
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Hello to my awesome fit momma's!

Melissa what an awesome article. Makes me feel a lot better about my choice to have Charlee sleep with me. Charlee is a month tomorrow...wow how time flies! She doesn't have a doc appt until the 29th for her 6 week checkup. I'm so glad to hear that Amelia's rash is clearing up. I can tell that Charlee's issues aren't reflux issues but tummy issues still. It must have been something I ate that made her so fussy and irritable yesterday...I'm thinking maybe the cream of mushroom soup in the tuna casserole I made?!

Well I'm feeling 100x's better today. She still woke up every 3 hours to nurse last night and one time in between a nursing to be a little fussy, but I soothed her quickly back to sleep. I got in an hour workout and a shower before 1 and it felt awesome! I've eaten lunch, nursed Charlee and now we are just hanging out. We are going over to my friend's house for dinner tonight since Al is flying late tonight.

Al is leaving on Saturday for 5 days to fly some new helicopters from AZ to TX and then home. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm still a little anxious about him leaving. The biggest worry I have is dealing with the dog to be honest. Since Charlee has been born, my 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd is a little ticked off that she isn't the center of our world. It is hard to let out a dog potty when you have a screaming crying baby...which is usually when the dog thinks she needs to go...

Anyhoo...tomorrow is my 31st birthday. It amazes me that exactly a year ago I was miscarrying my second baby and now I am holding my 1 month old baby in my arms and feel immensely blessed! She really is more than a blessing and is my reason for being. She is a beautiful soul and I am so lucky to be her mommy!

I hope you ladies have had a wonderful week! :)
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    I hope you have a great Birthday Heather! You certainly already have the perfect gift :) I can relate to the feeling you have looking at Charlee and remembering your miscarriage. 8 years ago I miscarried on Christmas Eve. It was so sad but the very next year on Christmas Eve I was holding my 2 week old baby Isaac and it was such an amazing miracle. It made for a very special Christmas and I know this will probably be the best birthday you have ever had :)

Blessings
  • smilegirl
    Options
    Darn hormones! Heather you have me tearing up ~ sometime the good Lord works in mysterious ways. Curious if you've tried bouncing on an exercise ball with Charlee when she's fussy? It works pretty great for most babies. You're doing awesome with a four week old - try not to be too hard on yourself about the workouts, it definitely takes time to settle into more of a routine. I can understand your anxiety about Al being gone. Nathan has been on nights since October, which basically makes me a single parent for at least half the week. It was really stressful the first couple of shifts, but Ellie and I have now have our own groove going! Sorry to hear about the dog stress - my girls are older, but also sometimes think they need the attention when Ellie needs me too. I wonder if it's them feeling unsure about the crying?? Happy 31st Birthday!!

Melissa, sending good vibes your way for some workouts. Glad you got to see the doctor and happy Amelia's rash is getting under control.

Keep rocking the workouts Amy and Lexi!

I've gotten in eight miles so far this week and hope to get about six miles in tomorrow. My week has been busy - I have decided to give my official resignation to my old job. I do not need that toxic environment anymore. I did a working interview on Wednesday, which went awesome! It was tough to be away from Ellie, but felt okay to get back in the swing of things. The job would be 2-3 Wednesdays a month and is 1.5 miles from my house. Loved the doctor and the practice. Had an interview today, but don't think I will take a working interview because it didn't feel great. Have an interview Tuesday and another working interview January 5 at an office 2 miles from my house. Also just got a lead from a friend about a two day a week job - needless to say, I have lots of options! My ideal plan is two days a week with two extra shifts a month (makes that Wednesday job perfect!)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am feeling incredibly behind for Christmas this year.

Okay, I must get myself to bed, it is waaayyyyy past my bedtime!

Holly
  • dmcohee
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the calories while breastfeeding. I think eating less was just hurting my milk supply and not really helping me out on losing any weight. I think my biggest focus should maybe be on getting back on track with workouts and not so much the calories. I took a cycling class at my boxing gym last week, wow! It felt great!

I do have to mention I am so jealous of you girls already back in your size 6 jeans! Not that I was ever in a size 6, but it sounds nice :-)
  • dmcohee
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather!!! You have a lot to celebrate!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Hello to all of my fabulous mommies!

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. I got lots of birthday wishes, flowers from my aunt, and a beautiful heart shaped topaz necklace (Charlee's birthstone) from Al. I'm going to get a pedi today with my workout bff...her treat! :) Al and I even went into the city (45 minute drive) to have Houlihans (one of my fav restaurants) for dinner...which was funny cause we were there at 4pm and were the youngest people there by at least 40 years! lol Charlee was so good and slept the entire time and then started to stir when I was done eating and so while Al was paying I took her out to the tahoe and nursed her in the back seat (so glad we have blacked out windows!). Then I put her back in the carseat and she fell right back asleep! We then went to my favorite gourmet cupcakery and got a birthday cupcake (plus one for later lol). We were home by 6pm...guess that is our life these days and I wouldn't change it for the world! :)

Al left this morning to Arizona to fly some helicopters to Texas and then come back home. He will be gone until Thursday. I just hope we don't have any issues while he is gone and everything goes smoothly. As he was leaving this morning he came in and kissed both Charlee and I and said to me "take care of my angel...I will miss you both so much" It melted my heart.

I got my Lindsay Brin's 60 day slimdown dvd in the mail yesterday as well. I checked out the plan and it looks totally doable. Now to figure out when I should start it. Also, on her website it said my weight goal should be 130lbs...I've never been 130lbs lol I like that many of us are the same statistics (I am 5'6 1/2") and have about the same weight goals. Lets me know I'm not that far off from what my goals are.

Hope you ladies are having an awesome weekend!