Need easy protein ideas!!!

Options
I need more ideas for protein, I know I am NOT getting enough!

and BTW I am NOT a cook...one of the only things I can do is cook some chicken on the stove but I wanted more ideas than just chicken.

and I also have a very busy lifestyle working 60+ hours a week so even if I could cook not like I have enough time or when I do have time I would rather be relaxing...(or squeezing in a work out)!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Chobani ff greek yogurt, jell-o, cheese, nuts, almonds, walnuts...
  • Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I make myself scrambled eggs.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Oh that hated word Tofu, I get the high protein at Trader Joes and dice it small add it to my egg beater with a bunch of veggies, takes like 15 minutes and you have a healthy breakfast. Add some spices of your choice, you won't even notice the tofu, texture is similar to scrambled eggs.
  • zontuin
    zontuin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    eggs (a million different ways), cottage cheese, yogurt. Yum!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Any kind of meat is okay, doesn't have to be just chicken!
    Cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Protein powder
    eggs/egg whites
    cottage cheese

Homemade protein bars (easy kind!)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, eggs, yogurt, cheese, hummus, beans, fish
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Don't forget nuts and the protein shakes are great ideas as well (or bars). Cheese/yogurt/peanut butter... you can do this!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Am i the only one that doesn't consider nuts/nut butters high in protein?
  • Happyhealthyliz90
    Happyhealthyliz90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dont know if you like game meat but venison (deer) is really high
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are into vegetarian options but the product line "lifelight" has many high protein/lower fat veggie protein options. (for example One 'chic' pattie has 17 grams of protein, about .5 grams of fat, and around 110 calories each.)
    I microwave one @ night, put it in a ziploc, with a single pack of wholly guacamole, some roasted or sweet red peppers and have it on lunch on an arnold sandwiche thin. It is very filling and yummy.
    Chobani greek yogurt is also loaded with protein and since it is thicker than other yogurt, it is also much more filling and stays with you longer.
    Good luck on your journey! gbers :)
  • mfawthrop
    Options
    I don't know if you have this in your area, but at my local grocery store we have a special fat free chocolate milk that has a good source of protein. It also gives me my chocolate fix, without the fat! I think it is called Smart Start made by a company called Hood, but I haven't gotten it in a while.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Tuna!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

Nope. It's just about as qualified as me suggesting baby batter. Or bukkake facial cleansers.

Is that in the database?
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    check out the following site:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

I need more ideas for protein, I know I am NOT getting enough!

and BTW I am NOT a cook...one of the only things I can do is cook some chicken on the stove but I wanted more ideas than just chicken.

and I also have a very busy lifestyle working 60+ hours a week so even if I could cook not like I have enough time or when I do have time I would rather be relaxing...(or squeezing in a work out)!

Thanks! :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Nope. It's just about as qualified as me suggesting baby batter. Or bukkake facial cleansers.

Is that in the database?

Yes.

OP Hemp protein powder.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Am i the only one that doesn't consider nuts/nut butters high in protein?

Winner!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Is that in the database?

Absolutely. Though, there has to be more of a measurable quantity other than "per shot". I think there should be "buckets" and/or "bathtubs" also.
  • thatgeekinit
    thatgeekinit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Most fish is high protein and low fat as long as you don't fry it. You can broil tuna or swordfish just like a steak. Most other fish is better baked.

Canned tuna/salmon is easy and cheap. Even with regular mayo its pretty low fat. Sometimes I hard boil eggs and add them to the tuna with a little mayo.

I've recently become a fan of Cole's canned sardines, but they are a little pricey ($4.50)

Ground bison is usually sold 98% fat free (less fat than turkey burgers).
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    CHICKEN! there is a pre-cooked bag of chicken from tyson that has 6 oz in the bag and if u eat the whole thing its 42 g of protein...pretty sweet!
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I love Luna Protein Bars, almonds (100 calorie packs are great for on the go), Chobani yogurt w/ fresh blueberries/strawberries, egg beaters, protein shakes.