My NASCAR fans....

Options

Replies

• BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    WOW!!!! That was some race.....My guy, Kasey, got caught up in the first wreck..but at least he finished ...55 laps back.......

I hope that none of the spectators were hurt in that final wreck....Thank God for that catch fence.....

Edward's wreck was very scary.....
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That was one of the CRAZIEST wrecks I've ever seen - even at Talladega! Glad that Carl was OK and it was pretty funny to see him walk across the finish line a la Ricky Bobby!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I had to go out before the race was over. Those last 2 posts make me wish I had set the VCR I am heading for Nascar.com to see if I can fill in the blanks.

I did go to the website . WOW that was quite a finish. There is an excellent video clip of what happened at the end. Glad no one got hurt!!
  • Lynn661
    Lynn661 Posts: 28
    Options
    aaaack, I missed it!!!! Going to NASCAR.com now!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    That was one of the CRAZIEST wrecks I've ever seen - even at Talladega! Glad that Carl was OK and it was pretty funny to see him walk across the finish line a la Ricky Bobby!

That was a fantastic ending to a great race!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    That was a classic Dega finish.....someone wrecking at the finish line ( though that was the scariest wreak that I have seen since the double 0 tumbled down the backstretch of Texas during quals last year).
    Just wish JJ didn't get taken out in the second "bigone" Oh well...that's Dega and on to Richmond...where by the way I have pit and garage passes for the weekend> Hubby will have camera in hand..any photo requests???
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    That was a classic Dega finish.....someone wrecking at the finish line ( though that was the scariest wreak that I have seen since the double 0 tumbled down the backstretch of Texas during quals last year).
    Just wish JJ didn't get taken out in the second "bigone" Oh well...that's Dega and on to Richmond...where by the way I have pit and garage passes for the weekend> Hubby will have camera in hand..any photo requests???

Well Lady, I happen to be a Jimmie fan myself, so snap me as many photos as you can get!! :laugh:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

I would be interested in any photos you'd like to share plus any of the 29/Kevin would rock!
  • weaklink109
    Options

I totally envy you!! The nearest track to me about 800 miles away, so the ultimate reward I will give myself, after I reach my goal weight and put together the cash would be to actually GO to a race. My problem is deciding, which track. Right now my choices in order are Talledega, Daytona, Texas and Phoenix, but it will be a while before I have to decide.

If you can catch any pics of Biffle or Kahne, that would be nice. Have a WONDERFUL time!! And plan to post a report of your weekend here, pretty please?!!
  • watch48win
    Options

Well Lady, I happen to be a Jimmie fan myself, so snap me as many photos as you can get!! :laugh:

I have a couple of JJ in my profile...hubby took those at the last spring race.

Many photos will be snapped and I will give update on Sun (or Monday) depending on how much "tailgating" is done! Friday and Saturday will be none counting calorie days! man, I can't wait!
  • Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awesome! I am taking my wife to her first race this year. It was a tossup between Richmond and the All Star race. We are going to the All Star race since it is a little closer, the race isn't that long, and we have family close by the track so that saves money on a room.

Pictures... If you can get any good shots of Tony's car, I could use a new desktop background :bigsmile:
  • Dusty74
    Options
    Ordered our tickets for the All Star race yesterday. We got lucky and found them on the Ticketmaster Exchange site- GM section right on the Start Finish line on row 22! Excellent seats for what should be an awesome race. :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Just a reminder....Nationwide race is tonight......I will be watching the qualifying soon...then the cup qualifying following that.....
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Weaklink,
    My vote would be Daytona. For years, I told my husband that all I wanted for our 25th anniversary was to see the Daytona 500. How many wives tell their husbands that???? :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't actually get there for the race, but was there the week after on our 25th anniversary trip with friends. That track is AWESOME!!! Much better track than Kansas Speedway - we got so tired of the same-old same- old that we didn't renew our tickets this year; tired of trying to sell tickets for the other 2 races that are part of the "package" you have to buy:grumble: and tired of watching a boring race. Anyhow; Daytona was awe inspring.... all of the history there; make sure you tour the museum if you go there.
  • Dusty74
    Options
    The green flag is getting ready to fly. GO TONY!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Weaklink,
    My vote would be Daytona. For years, I told my husband that all I wanted for our 25th anniversary was to see the Daytona 500. How many wives tell their husbands that???? :laugh: :laugh:

Didn't actually get there for the race, but was there the week after on our 25th anniversary trip with friends. That track is AWESOME!!! Much better track than Kansas Speedway - we got so tired of the same-old same- old that we didn't renew our tickets this year; tired of trying to sell tickets for the other 2 races that are part of the "package" you have to buy:grumble: and tired of watching a boring race. Anyhow; Daytona was awe inspring.... all of the history there; make sure you tour the museum if you go there.

I lean in that direction. The only problem is, Daytona is about as far away from Washington state as you can get without smoking a Cuban cigar :laugh: and I HATE flying.:grumble:

I actually had a friend who was IN Daytona and given the opportunity to go to the race. Would you believe this doofus turned the tickets down because he wasn't particulary interested in racing!!! :noway: :explode: To top it off, he calls me the week after and TELLS me about it!! I told him I owed him two swift kicks the next time we met.--one for not calling and inviting me!!::mad: and another for not going to the race so he could tell me about it!!:cry:

I would have poured myself :drinker: :drinker: on the plane to get there!! Maybe some day I will go. In the meantime, thank goodness for tv coverage of Sprint Cup.

Thank you for mentioning the museum. I thinkg that would be very interesting. Watching the race, looks like Jeremy Mayfield's car is ready for the museum,--or maybe the garage--He got a little too well acquainted with that wall!!

Barb
  • Dusty74
    Options
    What a race. I've lost two of my four fantasy league picks and it ain't looking good for my other two guys.
  • watch48win
    Options
    Ok-- The Richmond Race was great except for my driver, JJ, having no breaks and then getting wreaked when they finally got the car half way straight.

Photos to come. Hubby uploaded them to the other computer, which he is working on right now. BTY---got some great pics of Tony.
  • watch48win
    Options
    [img]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs016.snc1/4220_1084004054356_1053996163[img/] Just a test---should be a photo of Smoke and Rutledge Strange....the img/ is showing at the end, but not at the beginning...it shows on the edit page. I tried to upload from Facebook...[/img]
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Watch48,

I think it's the link itself, save it to a photo-sharing site first. I tried it with that link above, no go.

The picture needs its own url.