I am having a hard time giving up soda

Options
2»

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice on here. Giving up diet soda is something I haven't done yet. It's my vice - my coffee. I just refuse to do it!:smile:

nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh no... Coffee is definitely not something I plan on giving up... it hasnt hurt me yet - only when I have a withdrawal...lol... but there is nothing more luscious than a cup of Chocolate-Cappucchino coffee or Egg-Nog coffee by New England Coffee out of Malden, MA that makes the morning soooo much better! 8-)
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda.

But I still drink Sugary Coffee drinks in the morning.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/blogs/healthy-food/coke-calories-nutrition-labels-47100502

29 oz = 275 calories?

Eliminating non-diet soda should be one of the easiet ways to cut calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Who drinks 29 ounces of soda? A 12-ounce can is more than enough for me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Took me awhile to give it up. I did it slowly over time. My consumption of soda would become less and less as I transitioned over to increasing my water intake. In the meantime I'd flavor my water sometimes. Lately I haven't even done that since I've gotten myself so used to drinking water I don't even care about it's tastelessness anymore. I just drink it like it's an everyday thing.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    No one? the correct size is 20oz
  • hadapurpura
    Options
    I am addicted to Coke (the beverage!), and I have a hard time leaving it. I stopped cold turkey, but then I just went back to it. Right now, I'm drinking a 8 oz. bottle a day, which is an improvement, but not that much, and it's still 100 empty calories on my tight 1200 calories budget.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I am addicted to Coke (the beverage!), and I have a hard time leaving it. I stopped cold turkey, but then I just went back to it. Right now, I'm drinking a 8 oz. bottle a day, which is an improvement, but not that much, and it's still 100 empty calories on my tight 1200 calories budget.

Try diet Coke?