Should I eat this or is it bad for me?

Options
124»

Replies

• nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of eating it. Is it ok that it has both white carbs and lots of sodium or is it bad for me and will put me at risk of diabetes and CVD?

2011-12-02%25252013.51.55.jpg?gl=US&source=androidclient
    Of course you can eat it. But this thread became interesting when reading others' reactions to what should go on/with the pretzel. Personally, I instantly thought mustard. But others have posted cheese sauce and at least one person posted chocolate. What kind of cheese sauce goes on a pretzel?
    The same kind that goes on nachos.
    In fact, if you can have nachos and a pretzel at the same time, I say go for it!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Of course you can eat it. But this thread became interesting when reading others' reactions to what should go on/with the pretzel. Personally, I instantly thought mustard. But others have posted cheese sauce and at least one person posted chocolate. What kind of cheese sauce goes on a pretzel?
    In fact, if you can have nachos and a pretzel at the same time, I say go for it!
    Really? Where are you from? I'm wondering if this is regional. I would never have thought to put cheese sauce on a pretzel. And I'm from Texas, where we'll put cheese sauce (or ranch dressing) on ANYTHING.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Really? Where are you from? I'm wondering if this is regional. I would never have thought to put cheese sauce on a pretzel. And I'm from Texas, where we'll put cheese sauce (or ranch dressing) on ANYTHING.
    I'm from New Mexico. :) You're looked at funny if you don't put cheese sauce and jalapenos on pretzels.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Mexico. :) You're looked at funny if you don't put cheese sauce and jalapenos on pretzels.

From Philly here...home of the Philly Pretzel. And it's cheese sauce (or "whiz") or bust around these parts. Mustard is the back-up plan should one find themselves fresh out of cheese whiz.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's smiling at ya so your call!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Or green chili on everything else.
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of eating it. Is it ok that it has both white carbs and lots of sodium or is it bad for me and will put me at risk of diabetes and CVD?

2011-12-02%25252013.51.55.jpg?gl=US&source=androidclient

put mustard on it , mustard cancels out all the bad stuff
  • justTori
    Options
    sometimes you MFP people make me laugh.

HOWEVER- why are you posting this - those pictures of the giant delicious doughy soft pretzel and dessert tray might derail someone from their weight loss journey - and it will be all your fault - not theirs. How could you? Stop posting so insensitively.
    It is a fitness site, not a weight loss site. Thanks for playing, better luck next time! :drinker:

You freaking make me laugh HARD!!!
  • justTori
    Options

From Philly here...home of the Philly Pretzel. And it's cheese sauce (or "whiz") or bust around these parts. Mustard is the back-up plan should one find themselves fresh out of cheese whiz.

I am from Idaho and if you dont put cheese sauce on it you should be punched in the head
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great, now I am craving a pretzel. =)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    cheese sauce,cheese sauce,cheese sauce!

Just make sure to drink a gallon of water right after.....or a six pack,yer call. :laugh:
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

HOWEVER- why are you posting this - those pictures of the giant delicious doughy soft pretzel and dessert tray might derail someone from their weight loss journey - and it will be all your fault - not theirs. How could you? Stop posting so insensitively.
    @nickscutie, how dare YOU have such a provocative picture of chicken as your profile pic. Those pictures of that sexy, seductive chicken might derail someone from being a vegetarian - and it will be all your fault - not theirs. How could you? Stop posting so insensitively & go fry me some chicken.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options

@nickscutie, how dare YOU have such a provocative picture of chicken as your profile pic. Those pictures of that sexy, seductive chicken might derail someone from being a vegetarian - and it will be all your fault - not theirs. How could you? Stop posting so insensitively & go fry me some chicken.

I can hear that poor chicken squawking now.