What are the BEST appetite suppressants you have ever used?

I use metabolite sometimes and some chinese pills call Slim Tab Pomegranate that work ok. What is your secret weapon?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I don't use appetite suppressants. If I'm hungry, I have a snack. If it's boredom hunger, I have some tea or do something to distract myself.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    My secret is food. I eat it when I'm hungry. I drink water before I eat to make sure I'm not thirsty. It works pretty well. :)
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    A seriously hard workout.

Apples.

I wouldn't touch a pharmacological appetite suppressant--too many side effects and not a long term option for learning how to manage hunger. Please be careful.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    My secret weapon is hitting my macros and staying hydrated.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Toothpicks
  • infamousmk
    Toothpicks

:drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Food, duh
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    FOOD!! Food is the best appetite suppressant there is!

Or meth.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member

Hey! I do the same thing! How cool is that!?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yeah. I have to go along with food. After I eat food, I'm not hungry. It's awesome.
  • infamousmk

Hey! I do the same thing! How cool is that!?

Crazy! I didn't know other people on this site did that, too!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    If you think about it most overeating has nothing to do with hunger at all, so how are these going to help you? Just learn to figure out when you're really hungry and if you're just bored (find something to do) or if you just want to feel of eating (gum or some cut up veggies).
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    coffee helps hunger; but depletes your water so i just be sure to drink extra water to make up for it when i do drink it. if you use appetite suppressors they dont really help you. they might help you for that moment, but not for the rest of your life. if you dont eat enough, seriously bad things can happen to your body. you dont learn how to deal with hunger; you learn to rely on these suppressors; which eventually your body builds a tolerance to them and they no longer help you and you end up gaining weight back. its best to lose weight all natural. i eat onwards of 8x a day. 3 meals, 3 snacks, and generally im hungry twice between meals so 2 of my snack times i have two snacks instead of just one. i also drink 16+ cups of water a day.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member

:heart: Works everytime!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 619 Member

I'm out of the loop here, can someone tell me what you mean by hitting your macros? thanks :)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    I looked at your profile. In it you say:
    "I am a role model for my niece and i want her to learn healthy habits from me and not bad ones."

Do you consider using diet pills a healthy habit you wish to teach your niece? Instead maybe practice healthy eating and regular exercise. Kids are ALWAYS watching and learning, Always. If you want her to grow up healthy and strong, encourage healthy diet and exercise.
    There are no shortcuts.
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I will keep fighting, until there is a cure.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

I'm out of the loop here, can someone tell me what you mean by hitting your macros? thanks :)

Getting enough carbs, protein and fat within the calorie target.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member

macros would be the amount of carbs, protein, fat, etc. you allow yourself to eat everyday.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 619 Member

Getting enough carbs, protein and fat within the calorie target.

tyvm

and yea, the original quote is what I would say then :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Isn't there some health issues of artifically suppressing your hunger?

I don't know the physiology around what the body does for fuel when you're hungry