Yummy spinach shake recipe...and I hate spinach

Options
2»

Replies

• L02201958
    Options
    well, I think I will try this. But I must say it doesn't sound all that great. But I am into feeling full for much longer. I seem to be always hungry. Thanks
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sara338
    Options
    thanks for the recipe :)
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes...this recipe does make a lot of drink. It actually said it was 1.5 servings, but I seem to have no problems finishing it...however feel free to trim it down to lower the calories and portion size.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    could I possibly use frozen spinach?
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    could I possibly use frozen spinach?

I haven't, but I don't see why not. The spinach is for nutrients only. It adds no flavor and grinds away to nothingness. Since you're adding ice and making it the consistency of a smoothie anyway, seems frozen would work just fine.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    just have to say i tried this today for the first time and i love it!
    i did use regular milk instead of almond milk...and i guess my bananas are huge, because half was like 80 grams lol so the whole thing came in a little over 500 calories - will definitely split it with my husband next time i think.
  • kikkipoo
    Options
    i did use regular milk instead of almond milk...and i guess my bananas are huge, because half was like 80 grams lol so the whole thing came in a little over 500 calories - will definitely split it with my husband next time i think.

Just a note, I wasn't happy with the amount of calories either so I cut out one of the tablespoons of peanut butter and it made no difference in taste but eliminated about 100 calories and a ton of fat....so there you go! And you can do a 1/4 banana as well.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

Just a note, I wasn't happy with the amount of calories either so I cut out one of the tablespoons of peanut butter and it made no difference in taste but eliminated about 100 calories and a ton of fat....so there you go! And you can do a 1/4 banana as well.
    thanks for the tip :)
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks this sounds yummy!
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much how I make my protein shake now but not quite as much. For those of you who want to tone it down do this

1 scoop of protein powder (I use GNC amp whey chocolate protein.
    1/2 banana (You can freeze the other half)
    1/2 C almond milk
    1/2 C water
    1 tbs of pb2---This has significantly less calories and fat then regular pb but tastes amazing!
    ice
    handful of spinach
    tastes like a chocolate pb shake..
  • UZBGIRL
    UZBGIRL Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I will try it.
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes, I am going to try these shakes too, I have heard alot of good things about them, mostly that people stay full.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do one where instead of peanut butter, I add frozen berries. Super good!
  • seximami79
    seximami79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What function does protein powder serve? Is it mostly for body building? Will it help burn more calories?

Thanks,

Layla