How did you find MyFitnessPal?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My very best friend, slash weight loss buddy since high school. Hi Kiwi!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    random search from google. was looking for calory counters "or something".

glad I decided to give it a go. usually distrust websites :P
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I was keeping a manual food diary and looking up calorie values online, when I came across MFP. It has made such a HUGE difference to my life and the way I now approach food and exercise.

I love the support I get from my MFPs and I am happy to support them too. :happy: :flowerforyou:

It had made me research more about food and nutrition and enabled me to bust a lot of the myths perpetrated online and in the mass media.

And it has helped me lose nearly 18kg (40lbs) since the start of August this year. I've only recently got a smartphone (birthday gift) and now I'm also experimenting with the phone app too, but much prefer MFP on the old PC :bigsmile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    My daughter now 30, told me about it, I joined to support her although I was overweight! Didn't think anything would work for me - 1st few log ins, MFP growled - not eating enough calories! (Was only eating 700-800, no appetite). So upped my calories to what is recommended and the rest is history :bigsmile:

We started with the phone app, but then I found the website! Love the motivational success stories but have few/no photos of me fat

Thank you MFP! Have suggested it to several friends when they ask me how I lost weight
  • Melanie12081
    Options
    A friend! Thank you, Melanie!!

:)<3
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I first saw it mentioned on some bodybuilding.com forums, but I was using The Daily Plate and was satisfied with that site. Then about a year later, my twin brother and his girlfriend mentioned that they use MFP and that it was tons better than TDP...so I eventually switched over. So glad I did!!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    the wonderful world of google helped me find it, then when I realised I could also add the app on my phone I signed up straight away!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I was on dailymile for running and there was a thread about people wanting to run for weightloss but it wasn't working. Someone said MFP, and off I went!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Co workers
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers forum. I quit ww the following day.
  • alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I found the app in the Blackberry App Store. I have been on here everyday since then.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My Friend Brooke was on here and told me about it! I'm so glad she did!
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A patient where I work told a co-worker and my co-worker told me.....I have been here ever since thanks to her :)
  • sugabebethe1
    Options
    LilyInLove on here is one of my bestest friends in real life and everytime ive tried to diet in the past shes plugged MFP and ive ignored her, this time i listened and so glad i did, it really pushes me as the embaressment of going over calories and logging them and people seeing has kept me on target :)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think I was looking for a website that allowed me to track food and this is what google threw at me :)
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My manager told me about it! I was telling her about my workouts and stuff and she mentioned that she found this website, so Here I am and doing great I think! 75 days strong logging and losing weight!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We did the Biggest Loser challenge at work and a co-worker showed it to me.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    LilyInLove on here is one of my bestest friends in real life and everytime ive tried to diet in the past shes plugged MFP and ive ignored her, this time i listened and so glad i did, it really pushes me as the embaressment of going over calories and logging them and people seeing has kept me on target :)

So happy you joined. You're a yummy mummy and deserve this! You've been doing so well!!
  • sarahlovestorun
    sarahlovestorun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found it back in the worst of my eating disorder days through the app store, and used it as a way to track calories for UNhealthy reasons. Now I've gotten back into it for the right reasons!